2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

1 minute ago, G08 said:

Nice haul too, Windy! You can use both our seconds and trade back into the first if you want, and fairly high.

I think if the last QB is there that we should be able to cash out the 8th pick to some desperate teams.

Anyone see the ESPN all-trade mock draft? basic concept, every team makes a trade of their pick, either up or down, and all picks are held in a different universe (i.e. if browns trade 1-4 to NYJ, doesn't mean they can't trade it to BUF for their pick)

Bears trade came out like this

AZ gets: 1-8, 2019 4th

CHI gets: 1-15, 2018 2nd, 2019 2nd, Robert Nkemdiche

I would absolutely make that trade. It drops us back behind GB, who could take a CB or OLB before us, but gives us the 2nd this year to recoup for our lost 3rd, and another 2nd next year. add in RN, who could start/rotate in across from hicks. 

48 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Anyone see the ESPN all-trade mock draft? basic concept, every team makes a trade of their pick, either up or down, and all picks are held in a different universe (i.e. if browns trade 1-4 to NYJ, doesn't mean they can't trade it to BUF for their pick)

I would absolutely make that trade. It drops us back behind GB, who could take a CB or OLB before us, but gives us the 2nd this year to recoup for our lost 3rd, and another 2nd next year. add in RN, who could start/rotate in across from hicks. 

You don’t think twice

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

You can keep Nkemdiche. Just let us keep our 4th round pick, or toss us another peak.

Going to pat myself on the back for Nkediche sucking.

38 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

You can keep Nkemdiche. Just let us keep our 4th round pick, or toss us another peak.

Going to pat myself on the back for Nkediche sucking.

Same. I remember wanting nothing to do with him and specifically remember some guys talking as if he was a top-10 pick.

I also get the feeling that we will be seeing a similar conversation about Arden Key in a few years time.

8 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Same. I remember wanting nothing to do with him and specifically remember some guys talking as if he was a top-10 pick.

I also get the feeling that we will be seeing a similar conversation about Arden Key in a few years time.

I got into a couple of impassioned debates with G08.

I think after 2 years I can declare that a win. Dude is a brutal head case.

9 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I got into a couple of impassioned debates with G08.

I think after 2 years I can declare that a win. Dude is a brutal head case.

Oh yeah I remember. Dude is an athletic freak but hasn't done himself any favors with that old regime. I wouldn't say a 'win' since it's been 2 seasons but granted he hasn't done much. Curious how he looks this season.

So I'm looking at Marcus Davenport's physical profile and a thought keeps popping into my head... is there an intrinsic value in a big/strong/fast athletic profile that isn't easy to find? For example, look at Jadaveon Clowney's combine:

6052/266 lbs/34.5" arms/10" hands

1.59/2.68/4.53

21 reps

37.5" vert

10'04" broad

4.43 shuttle

7.27 cone

Compare that to Marcus Davenport:

6056/264 lbs/33.625" arms/9.125" hands

1.62/2.67/4.58

22 reps

33.5" vert

10'04" broad

4.41 shuttle

7.20 cone

How many players come along like this (honest question)? Does that bump up their value in the eyes of evaluators?