What starting QB would you say is under the most pressure this year and why?

CP3MVP

QB under the most pressure in 2023  

79 members have voted

1. 1. QB under the Most Pressure

• Aaron Rodgers
    • Lamar Jackson
    • Justin Fields
    • Deshaun Watson
    • Josh Allen
    • Tua Tagovailoa
    • Trey Lance
    • Dak Prescott
    • Justin Herbert
    • Derek Carr
    • Other

5 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Watson—??

Chubb—Best RB in AFC

Cooper/DPJ/Moore/Tillman—Average to slightly above if Moore/Tillman pop

Njoku/Akins/Bryant—Above Average

OT—Above Average

IOL—Elite; Class of the NFL

Garrett—Elite

Okoronkwo—Average

Tomlinson—Above average

Rest of DTs—Slightly below average

JOK—Good; potential to be elite

Walker—Slightly below average

Whoever plays WILL—Boo

Ward/Newsome/Emerson—Top notch trio

Thornhill—Average to slightly above

Delpit—Average

^^^^
I think that’s a lot of talent. It’s also relatively young and ascending talent.

If Watson can play like a star, this team is gonna be a deep playoff team. If he plays well, they’re a playoff team. If he’s what he was last year, they’re a middle of the pack team at best. I have no idea what Watson to expect next year, but I would be utterly shocked if he played great & this team didn’t win 12ish games.

Chiefs, Bills, Bengals, Dolphins, Chargers, Ravens and Jets all have better rosters imo… Then u add in teams like Broncos Jags and the Steelers and IMO y’all and 8-10th ranked afc roster at this point… but this is also why they play the games… we shall see soon enough

4 hours ago, bmorecareful said:

Chiefs, Bills, Bengals, Dolphins, Chargers, Ravens and Jets all have better rosters imo… Then u add in teams like Broncos Jags and the Steelers and IMO y’all and 8-10th ranked afc roster at this point… but this is also why they play the games… we shall see soon enough

Are you factoring in QB’s? Because then sure. I don’t even think the Bills have as good of a roster unless you factor in QB play. The Dolphins aren’t scary to me either.  Baltimore is comparable. The Jets? Cmon. Take Rodgers away & tell me that’s accurate. Broncos/Jags/Steelers? Oof.

We will see, but I think you’re way off. Do a player for player comparison for those teams & tell me they’re better. 

10 minutes ago, paraven said:

It has to be Lamar jackson. The ravens have gone all in to change the offense to highlight jackson as a passer. This is the year for him to prove he is more than just a running qb. 

I think lamar has high expectations but what is the pressure.. he has 185 million guaranteed and can’t be cut for at least 3 seasons minimum… he was under more pressure last few seasons than now cause hadn’t got paid yet… I think harbaugh is under more pressure than Lamar honestly 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bmorecareful said:

I think lamar has high expectations but what is the pressure.. he has 185 million guaranteed and can’t be cut for at least 3 seasons minimum… he was under more pressure last few seasons than now cause hadn’t got paid yet… I think harbaugh is under more pressure than Lamar honestly 

You could say the same about rodgers and watson too. Taking the money away, I feel Lamar has the pressure to drop that RB label

3 minutes ago, paraven said:

You could say the same about rodgers and watson too. Taking the money away, I feel Lamar has the pressure to drop that RB label

That's a huge part of why he's not under much pressure though.  He can outright suck and the team still has to run it back at least to 2024 with him.

I'll go with Fields or Lance. If either one of them doesn't prove they're at least good enough to keep on the team, then they're likely going to have to go the Darnold/Mayfield route of a journeyman QB trying to find a starting role somewhere. NOT IDEAL!

Tua also has some pressure on him, but his is more health related. He'll be a damn fine QB if he stays healthy. 

Carr is another interesting option, but the Saints already know what they're getting with him unless he falls off a cliff. He'll be in that 10-15 range of QBs. 

The rest of the QBs are pretty solidified on their teams. 

Edited by WizeGuy