What starting QB would you say is under the most pressure this year and why?

CP3MVP

QB under the most pressure in 2023  

79 members have voted

1. 1. QB under the Most Pressure

• Aaron Rodgers
    • Lamar Jackson
    • Justin Fields
    • Deshaun Watson
    • Josh Allen
    • Tua Tagovailoa
    • Trey Lance
    • Dak Prescott
    • Justin Herbert
    • Derek Carr
    • Other

Nobody in their first year of starting is under significant pressure (Lance, Love, Ridder, etc)

Josh Allen. This team is under a lot of pressure to finally get it done. 

Lamar after is his drama and new contract is another big one.

Fields in his 3rd year of starting needs to show something.

Mac Jones is under tremendous pressure to keep his job going forward.

Rodgers and the Jets are under tremendous pressure after giving up that haul to get him.

Russell Wilson and Payton under a lot of pressure to turn that dumpster fire around.

Daniel Jones needs to get back into the playoffs after that big contract. 

Geno Smith needs to repeat or improve his production after Seattle committed to him.

19 hours ago, Jameson_Neat said:

Jordan Love 

Perhaps, but when Rodgers finally got his shot to start back in 2008 with a much better roster than GB presently has the Packers went 6-10.  Most Packers fans are not expecting much this year.  Subsequent years will tell the tale after he gets more game experience under his belt.

16 hours ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

New system with fewer resources than he is used to on offense, fighting the notion that he might be washed up, in the New York fishbowl.  His demeanor might not show it but this is the pressure trifecta.

It’s hackett’s system that he won 2 mvps in

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Probably Deshaun Watson. He is playing on a very good team, so no excuses for falling short. He is coming off a horrible short year after arguably the worst off-season anyone has ever had personally. This is the year we will either point to him as being a catastrophic failure or one of the 5 best QBs in the league. He has such a high variance based on what he has done previously vs. last year. 

Christian Bale Confused GIF - Christian Bale Confused Reaction - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Christian Bale Confused GIF - Christian Bale Confused Reaction - Discover &  Share GIFs

QB: Watson

RB: Chubb (top 2 back, at worst)

WR: Cooper (legit #1), DPJ (legit #2), Moore (legit #3), Tillman (seems like a legit #4)

TE: Njoku (pro bowl TE), Akins (excellent #2) Bryant (awesome #3)

OL: Top 5 unit at worst, with awesome depth.

That is a very good offense. If you would like to point me to where this team is deficient, go for it. 

On 4/29/2023 at 11:22 PM, Spartacus said:

People are going to say Rodgers but he's already had his career. If he sucks he simply retires. Doesn't hurt his legacy and it will be a footnote in his career.

I think its Fields. He absolutely needs to show growth as a passer or he could lose big time.

While I agree, the NYJ made the trade in an all-in move like the Rams.  The NY media isn't giving AR the pass that the GB press did for the most part.  It won't have any negative impact on his legacy, but the pressure will still be there.

On 4/30/2023 at 5:22 AM, Spartacus said:

People are going to say Rodgers but he's already had his career. If he sucks he simply retires. Doesn't hurt his legacy and it will be a footnote in his career.

I think its Fields. He absolutely needs to show growth as a passer or he could lose big time.

I mean Rodgers had his career but i think he will be always remembered as an ******* on/off field. 

The only thing where he could regain his reputation would be making the Jets relevant again. Otherwise, he will just be an *******. 

26 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

While I agree, the NYJ made the trade in an all-in move like the Rams.  The NY media isn't giving AR the pass that the GB press did for the most part.  It won't have any negative impact on his legacy, but the pressure will still be there.

To me if the question was "What team is under the most pressure" then I would say the Jets but Rodgers himself I don't really agree. 

9 minutes ago, Flounch said:

I mean Rodgers had his career but i think he will be always remembered as an ******* on/off field. 

The only thing where he could regain his reputation would be making the Jets relevant again. Otherwise, he will just be an *******. 

No one remembers personalities from the past and if anything wild and crazy personalities seem to be more revered the older you go back. 

3 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

WR: Cooper (legit #1), DPJ (legit #2), Moore (legit #3), Tillman (seems like a legit #4)

That is a very good offense. If you would like to point me to where this team is deficient, go for it. 

There you go

4 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

We are certainly throwing around alot of positive words to describe very above average players here....DPJ is legit? Njoku might not even be the 2nd best TE in his division. Excellent #2, awesome #3?....average, those dudes are average at best

8 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

We are certainly throwing around alot of positive words to describe very above average players here....DPJ is legit? Njoku might not even be the 2nd best TE in his division. Excellent #2, awesome #3?....average, those dudes are average at best

DPJ as a #2 WR, with poor QB play, in a running offense, put up 839 yards. That is very good for a #2 receiver under those circumstances. Njoku is a great TE. His only issue has been health. Not sure what to tell you if you don’t see that lol. Bryant and Akins are starting caliber TEs. Underwhelming starters, but as backups? They’re well above average. 

52 minutes ago, General Tso said:

There you go

Yeah. The thread is about why Watson won’t have any excuses if he sucks. 

7 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2022/opp.htm

Your defense stinks.

Your original post said “he is playing on a very good team so no excuses to fall short”.

50% of the team stinking does not equate to a “very good team” imo

Edited by Ray Reed

17 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2022/opp.htm

Your defense stinks.

Your original post said “he is playing on a very good team so no excuses to fall short”.

50% of the team stinking does not equate to a “very good team” imo

The defense is vastly improved as well. They have below average linebacker play, but have improved mightily on the DL & at Safety. Firing Joe Woods will make this defense 5x better alone. If they are a top 15-20 defense & Watson doesn’t suck balls, this team has more than enough talent to win 10-12 games.