> 2024 NFL Draft Prospects <

Kiltman

On 2/25/2024 at 10:36 AM, Danger said:

Why are you lumping Nolan Smith in with Reagor and Mims?

This more about the Philly media & this message board driving bums up their board solely based on "attitude" - though I do think Nolan Smith sucks but I had that same thought pre-draft.

There were people here who were convinced that Nolan Smith was a top 10 pick, a top 10 lock based on nothing outside of "we think the Eagles will like the way he interviews" - at pick 30 it was fine but no chance this guy was a top 10 pick. 

35 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

This more about the Philly media & this message board driving bums up their board solely based on "attitude" - though I do think Nolan Smith sucks but I had that same thought pre-draft.

There were people here who were convinced that Nolan Smith was a top 10 pick, a top 10 lock based on nothing outside of "we think the Eagles will like the way he interviews" - at pick 30 it was fine but no chance this guy was a top 10 pick. 

I agree he shouldn't have been a top 10 pick, but he was easily BPA at 30 IMO. 

99% of the time I think you wait at least until the majority of the way through the second season before you establish someone as being a bust or not, the lone exception in recent memory for me was Treylon Burks. Knew that dude wasn't it based on all the red flags in his sophomore offseason.

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

but he was easily BPA at 30 IMO. 

What exactly made him BPA over Porter Jr or Bergeron, etc? His combine?

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

His athleticism, his leadership qualities, and being part of a team that won back to back national championships.

Joey Porter Jr. I entirely understand the case of being the pick there. Bergeron? Not so much.

18 minutes ago, Danger said:

His athleticism, his leadership qualities, and being part of a team that won back to back national championships.

Joey Porter Jr. I entirely understand the case of being the pick there. Bergeron? Not so much.

I think branch was the most egregious miss. Over Porter jr even. But I don’t mind Nolan smith. I think he has potential. He just needs a good coach to decide if he’s a pass rusher or stack backer 

1 minute ago, Last Stand said:

I think branch was the most egregious miss. Over Porter jr even. But I don’t mind Nolan smith. I think he has potential. He just needs a good coach to decide if he’s a pass rusher or stack backer 

He should be a pass rusher absolutely in Fangio's defense I'd think.

22 minutes ago, Danger said:

Bergeron? Not so much.

Dominant tape. Kinda like the OL version of Jer'Zhan Newton, I don't think the combine numbers would be anything special, but he was "plug and play".

Edited by Jeezla

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

He should be a pass rusher absolutely in Fangio's defense I'd think.

I’m on the fence about it. I think it can go both ways. Athletically and his physical profile he’d be a perfect stack backer. But his college career obviously was built on pass rushing 

6-2 240lbs runs a 4.4 40. Having said that similar things were said about reddick and he became an incredible fast ball. 

29 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Feel like I was screaming from the rooftops for Branch and was stunned he was available to us. I'd be not stunned, but shocked if they tried Nolan at off ball LB. The only reason the dude was drafted at 30 was for his pass rushing ability. That's what he is. A pass rusher.

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Feel like I was screaming from the rooftops for Branch and was stunned he was available to us. I'd be not stunned, but shocked if they tried Nolan at off ball LB. The only reason the dude was drafted at 30 was for his pass rushing ability. That's what he is. A pass rusher.

The only reason I suggest it is a few scouts thought he’d be good there. He did it some at georgia

but I would prefer him to hit at pass rusher as it’s a more important position 

Edited by Last Stand

6 hours ago, Last Stand said:

The only reason I suggest it is a few scouts thought he’d be good there. He did it some at georgia

but I would prefer him to hit at pass rusher as it’s a more important position 

I do remember hearing that as well. Obviously you gotta squeeze everything out of him as a rusher. I wonder what they're having him work on this off season? Maybe adding on some weight?

17 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Howie-isms

Leader, position he values value, potential need in two years 

This will be the 4th time Howie has had 4 picks in the top 100. 🤞

24' -

23' - Carter, Smith, Steen, Brown

13' - Lane, Ertz, Logan, Barkley 

12' - Cox, Kendrick,  Curry, Foles

Edited by Nabbs4u