> 2024 NFL Draft Prospects <

Kiltman

12 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Kamren Kinchens running a 4.65 is kinda disappointing. Thought he would at least be in the 4.5 range.

Yeah but does he run a similar 4.65 in pads? He looks plenty fast on the field to me as a ball hawk. 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yeah but does he run a similar 4.65 in pads? He looks plenty fast on the field to me as a ball hawk. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I think he plays faster in pads, but still disappointing nonetheless. He ran as fast as strong safeties for the most part including his teammate who is 231 lbs and probably a convert to LB.

I’ve been taking him at 97 on the PFF simulator when he falls there and thought that he could be gone by then if he tested really well, but I guess I don’t have to worry about that.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Not sure this is the draft class for finding a safety who can play on the roof and be an immediate starter.

I think we would be better off attacking that position in FA like we tried to do a couple years ago when we made an offer to Marcus Williams before he decided to go with the Ravens offer instead.

Maybe Jalen Hurts can convince his college buddy, Xavier McKinney, to come to the birds? 

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Not sure this is the draft class for finding a safety who can play on the roof and be an immediate starter.

I think we would be better off attacking that position in FA like we tried to do a couple years ago when we made an offer to Marcus Williams before he decided to go with the Ravens offer instead.

Maybe Jalen Hurts can convince his college buddy, Xavier McKinney, to come to the birds? 

Definitely not fond of reaching on a Safety in this class. Few good LBers to be taken on day 2 probably though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

He's falling to day 3 LOL

I'd say after the Senior Bowl and now this he's probably closer to being undrafted then he is a late round selection, which is crazy given the momentum he had as being at least a day 2 guy.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:
48 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He looked solid I thought in on field drills, but he only ran a 4.61

He's falling to day 3 LOL

What happened to him from 2022 to 2023?

According to PFF he went from an overall grade of 89.0 and 90.6 coverage grade in 2022 to a 60.3 overall and 55.7 coverage grade in 2023?

1 hour ago, Last Stand said:

I haven’t seen that. I’ve only seen him in the 20s. I’m aware mock drafts don’t typically mirror league sentiment but I haven’t seen Wiggins in many mock drafts in the top 15

Using mock drafts to gauge where YOU believe a prospect will go is not something I've ever been a fan of - at the end of the day it's all a guess based on opinion. 

10 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Using mock drafts to gauge where YOU believe a prospect will go is not something I've ever been a fan of - at the end of the day it's all a guess based on opinion. 

Gotcha. I just haven’t heard that this is an exciting cornerback class. So at 22 I can see drafting a guy. Terrell was drafted 16 I think. Good players in the secondary are routinely drafted in that 20-32 range it seems.

Im just not sure it’s the draft to have these guys leap into the top 10-15.

between QB, WR and tackle I’d be pretty surprised if more than 1 corner is taken before 15. 

19 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

What happened to him from 2022 to 2023?

According to PFF he went from an overall grade of 89.0 and 90.6 coverage grade in 2022 to a 60.3 overall and 55.7 coverage grade in 2023?

Not entirely sure, I do know his level of play did regress, but if you'd told me even a month ago that he'd fall after Round 4, I'd have thought you were crazy.

• Like 1

Galko (Director of Shrine Bowl) wasn't lying.

Here was his testing....

Can't hear it in the clip, but he got an audible applause after this from the handful of fans that were in attendance.

He's a huge dude and according to his scouting reports his potential as a blocker was why he was gonna stick in the league, so this isn't really a surprise for him.

The only big problem is he doesn't believe in birds..... 

But, yeah... I'd be interested in targeting him on day 3 as an upgrade to Jack Stoll and see if he can develop into being a nice TE2.

Maybe get him to cut 5-10 lbs from 271 to improve athleticism a bit more.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

He made himself some money at the Combine with those numbers.  Hell barely found him on the PFF draft simulator, 28th ranked TE, 500 overall? 

Never heard of him. 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

He made himself some money at the Combine with those numbers.  Hell barely found him on the PFF draft simulator, 28th ranked TE, 500 overall? 

Never heard of him. 🤷‍♂️

I mean he was primarily a run blocker in college. Only caught 41 passes during his Illinois career (19 receptions the past 2 seasons). 

Edit: He also just dropped a pass near the sideline on a post route and didn't get both feet in on a drill doing like a fade near the sideline.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

14 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean he was primarily a run blocker in college. Only caught 41 passes during his Illinois career (19 receptions the past 2 seasons). 

Edit: He also just dropped a pass near the sideline on a post route and didn't get both feet in on a drill doing like a fade near the sideline.

Numbers like that, someone's taking a flier and hoping he doesn't have hands of stone. 

At worst draft him as a run blocking TE with upside. Ala , he'll be a 49er or Raven come spring. 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

Several years ago Georgia Tech had a little used receiver who was mostly used in blocking schemes in their run based offense.
He had 51 catches in three years.
I mocked him to the Eagles in the 7th as a 4th receiver.
He was taken in the 6th and converted to TE.
Don't underestimate players who were not used to the best of their ability like Darren Waller.