2024 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

3 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

@LORK88do you know from your source if the organization is high on Ladd McConkey?  I'm doing some studying on WR's who will be picked in the 1st and 2nd round range. 

Zerlien had Ladd going to KC in his mock draft he dropped today

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Now that we got Diggs, we can hope teams needing a WR before our pick at 42 take them and allow players in other positions fall to us.   DT, LB, CB, and S should be in play rounds 2 and 3. 

I agree with you 100% about going all in on defense in this draft. 

I suspect we might not do that though for 2 reasons

1. Ryans is a defensive minded coach, and he is going to believe that he can make the defense work with some studs, and then throwing in later round picks and cheap free agents

2. We are going to be on the belief that our OC is going to be taking a HC job at some point and we will always have a flux of OCs coming and going. Because of this, we know we have to keep the offense loaded, but also knowing that we are going to have to spend big bucks on the extensions for WRs and Stroud, I fully expect us to recognize the need for young cheaper offensive lineman. We pay a TON  of money on the o-line and that will have to stop in a few years. I could see us drafting offensive line with one of our first 3 picks. Same thing with TE. 

IF I am calling the shots, I am drafting the best DT and CB that we can get in round 2. With the exception of taking one of the few linebackers in this draft that are worth a 2nd round pick. 

I don't understand why ppl are suggesting we need to draft a LB early. Harris is a stud, Al-Shaair is also a stud, and I think we only play 2 LBs in our base defense. I also feel like Henry T showed some good things last season. We're set at LB imo, and should only take one if it's just like, incredible over the top value. 

46 minutes ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

I don't understand why ppl are suggesting we need to draft a LB early. Harris is a stud, Al-Shaair is also a stud, and I think we only play 2 LBs in our base defense. I also feel like Henry T showed some good things last season. We're set at LB imo, and should only take one if it's just like, incredible over the top value. 

We still need help at the position depth wise with Cashman and Perryman gone.  They need a LB who can spy the QB in the worst way.  We dont have that on the roster as currently constructed.  Cooper from A&M would be a perfect fit.  

Edited by Texansfan713

27 minutes ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

I think To'o To'o is still a year or two away - think he was leading the NFL in missed tackles by a pretty big margin prior to Denzel Perryman returning from injury.

I don't expect MLB to be a pressing need, because I do think our 4-2-5 is our base set. But if you can find an off ball LB who can rotate in and out with Harris and Al-Shaair, you'll be better.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think To'o To'o is still a year or two away - think he was leading the NFL in missed tackles by a pretty big margin prior to Denzel Perryman returning from injury.

I don't expect MLB to be a pressing need, because I do think our 4-2-5 is our base set. But if you can find an off ball LB who can rotate in and out with Harris and Al-Shaair, you'll be better.

If you have quality defensive line play, especially at DT, To'o To'o is serviceable as your 3rd LB. Texans will be going BPA after they get their DT so it's very much conceivable they find a better LB to be their 3rd on the field when it's warranted. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Isaiah Simmons on a cheap, 1 year deal.  He can improve his value for next year.

His AZ LB coach got hired this off-season & the AZ DL coach is our DC.

17 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Isaiah Simmons on a cheap, 1 year deal.  He can improve his value for next year.

His AZ LB coach got hired this off-season & the AZ DL coach is our DC.

Wouldn't be against this. Position versatility and talent if coached right.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 9:53 AM, Texansfan713 said:

In what way?  

Runs great routes, is fast but knows how and when to vary speed running routes. Wilson and McConkey are very close in H/W/Speed. Very comparable games. IMHO

12 hours ago, Kirby Drive said:

Runs great routes, is fast but knows how and when to vary speed running routes. Wilson and McConkey are very close in H/W/Speed. Very comparable games. IMHO

McConkey is fast but Wilson is in another realm athletically. Wilson can go over the top and pluck the ball from a DB’s head.