2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I just hope Telesco makes the decision independent of AP. I want to know he analyzed, did the work on and felt good about the QB and made a trade. Not just do it for Daniels because he's APs guy.

I know you’re down on Daniels, but also preach taking the risk to try and get that franchise QB.

Are you convinced enough in your evaluation of him that you would be 100% against the idea if they went up to 3 to grab him, or while he may not be your top guy, would you praise the FO for taking the bold move?

I have to say I am a little intrigued by the possible vision of slightly more tooled up AP/PG defense (the recent coaching hires look interesting), coupled with a run heavy, Kingsbury offense led by Daniels.

There is a world where we spend most, if not all of the cap on one or two high end defensive pieces and then use most of our draft capital to go get Daniels. 

I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but paired with Jacobs/White with the run, and with Kingsbury using some of his Cards with Murray playbook with the weapons we already have - I can see the potential appeal to go in that direction. 

12 minutes ago, reddevil said:

I know you’re down on Daniels, but also preach taking the risk to try and get that franchise QB.

Are you convinced enough in your evaluation of him that you would be 100% against the idea if they went up to 3 to grab him, or while he may not be your top guy, would you praise the FO for taking the bold move?

I would be against moving to 3 to take Daniels based on what I saw. In my opinion, you can get a better QB at 10-15 than trading to 3 for Daniels. 

That said, I'm just a fan. I don't sit with these prospects in meetings and understand their makeup. I don't do this for a living and these guys jobs depend on getting it right. I'll trust their evaluation until they prove me otherwise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhillyRaider said:

What if the ask is X number of picks AND MAXX CROSBY? You still want to do the deal, then?

I'll be honest, if a crystal ball said that was the starting point of us winning a SB, then yes, I would.  But without knowing anything I wouldn't trade Crosby for any player in this draft.  But obviously I have no say in the matter.  It's not up to us.  It's in AP's and Telesco's hands, and I'm pretty sure they're about to sell the farm (excluding Crosby) for a QB.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Show me non caleb/maye qb's making this throw in this class

QB3 all the way. If someone shows you he can do certain things, you don't need to see it over and over with lots of reps. You know he has the tool, now you need to sharpen it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

TBF if we are willing to run a gun heavy pass heavy offense under Kingsbury, I actually think Penix is one of the best fits in this class and will absolutely EAT in this offense. More than JJ

Him or Nix for sure would thrive there. 

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

I'll be honest, if a crystal ball said that was the starting point of us winning a SB, then yes, I would.  But without knowing anything I wouldn't trade Crosby for any player in this draft.  But obviously I have no say in the matter.  It's not up to us.  It's in AP's and Telesco's hands, and I'm pretty sure they're about to sell the farm (excluding Crosby) for a QB.

I really hope you're wrong, bro. If Telesco's first move as GM is trade Crosby he'll have the fanbase in an uproar calling for his removal before he really begins. If it's really his intentions to trade Maxx to move up into the draft, at that point, I would hope AP steps in and stops that immediately.

I'm gonna say it until I turn blue. Build around O'Connell thus season and draft for all other needs. We can live with O'Connell for another season if we improve everywhere else. Can't we?

13 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

I really hope you're wrong, bro. If Telesco's first move as GM is trade Crosby he'll have the fanbase in an uproar calling for his removal before he really begins. If it's really his intentions to trade Maxx to move up into the draft, at that point, I would hope AP steps in and stops that immediately.

I'm gonna say it until I turn blue. Build around O'Connell thus season and draft for all other needs. We can live with O'Connell for another season if we improve everywhere else. Can't we?

I'm not against this but what I would do is I would get Russell Wilson (provided that Kingsbury is the OC) and then it doesn't really matter if you draft a quarterback like McCarthy because he doesn't have to play right away. Or it doesn't matter if you draft a quarterback in the first or second round. Would allow us to have options because it's not like we're clamoring to compete in the AFC West with a rookie quarterback that we don't know whether or not that person is ready to play

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

I'm not against this but what I would do is I would get Russell Wilson (provided that Kingsbury is the OC) and then it doesn't really matter if you draft a quarterback like McCarthy because he doesn't have to play right away. Or it doesn't matter if you draft a quarterback in the first or second round. Would allow us to have options because it's not like we're clamoring to compete in the AFC West with a rookie quarterback that we don't know whether or not that person is ready to play

What are the assets we have to give up in order to get Wilson?

9 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

none. He's gonna get cut(He has a no trade clause)

In that case, I wouldn't be against it. The only potential problem i could see is that if O'Connell beats him out in camp as the starter, then we've got an unhappy Wilson to deal with on the bench and who knows what that would lead to.

2 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

In that case, I wouldn't be against it. The only potential problem i could see is that if O'Connell beats him out in camp as the starter, then we've got an unhappy Wilson to deal with on the bench and who knows what that would lead to.

that's actually the thing that I like about Russell is that I know Aiden O'Connell's not gonna beat him out. Which also gives whoever the quarterback we draft a chance to develop. Because if you bring whoever we draft in and Aiden is better than him that's going to raise questions and can be a confidence killer

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

that's actually the thing that I like about Russell is that I know Aiden O'Connell's not gonna beat him out. Which also gives whoever the quarterback we draft a chance to develop. Because if you bring whoever we draft in and Aiden is better than him that's going to raise questions and can be a confidence killer

I'm glad you're confident of that because I'm not. Wilson had a rough middle to end this season and the Broncos were horribad for a big stretch of the season. O'Connell got better as the season went on. 

Plus Wilson will be 36 when the season begins. I'm not so sure, bro.