2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

20 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think you can go wrong at OT but #13 feels like a pretty hefty price to pay when you're taking a LT to hope he can be dominant at RT. 

I get that, I'd just hate to miss out on a premium talent. I would trust the scouts and coaches to make sure the prospect can switch sides. Don't want another Leatherwood. 

7 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

I get that, I'd just hate to miss out on a premium talent. I would trust the scouts and coaches to make sure the prospect can switch sides. Don't want another Leatherwood. 

Why did Leatherwood flop so hard. Had good RAS score, had work ethic, Ap all American, length, could even kick inside. Crazy how fast he flamed out 

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

Why did Leatherwood flop so hard. Had good RAS score, had work ethic, Ap all American, length, could even kick inside. Crazy how fast he flamed out 

He lacked speed. He was pretty sluggish in his movements. 

41 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

He was not a good tackle prospect. Leatherwood was a case of the athletic scores not matching the tape.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Premier pass rush?  Where are you getting this from?  We have one proven stud in Maxx...  I would hardly call our Dline "premier" lol   What "premier" players do we have along the Dline outside of Maxx? 

I meant pass rusher, Debbie. You would have got that if you read the whole post.

Premier pass rusher and some nice pieces around him. Nothing outlandish about that. 

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

FA will decide where we go in the draft. 

I expect Koonce to get an extension. I don’t see us taking another DE early in RD1. I think we will take a DE in the draft however 

I think Wilson will continue his hybrid role DE/DT

DT, CB, OL, QB are the positions we target. I’m leading towards the OL is what they decide. 

I’d add LB since Spillane and Deablo are FAs after the season. Need depth regardless 

Nix and McCarthy both look like they don't have deep ball accuracy. That's important because it translates to what we saw on the Games as well.

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Nix and McCarthy both look like they don't have deep ball accuracy. That's important because it translates to what we saw on the Games as well.

Pierce has mentioned multiple times he was wants to go deep 

• Like 1

That’s not what it looks like from where I’m sitting. McCarthy looks smooth to me. Ball popping out of his hand. Footwork looks neat and he’s had a few flat, fast, pretty balls. 

• Like 1

Just now, reddevil said:

That’s not what it looks like from where I’m sitting. McCarthy looks smooth to me. Ball popping out of his hand. Footwork looks neat and he’s had a few flat, fast, pretty balls. 

He had some good intermediate throws for sure but I never knocked him for that. I just didn't really see him throw the ball down the field in college. He's pretty inconsistent down the field