2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

10 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Lol The three cone drill was a testament to his athleticism a trait that people are underestimating with him. 

You clearly have no idea how to evaluate talent at the QB position which is not surprising coming from a casual fan.    

JJ had a very good day showcasing his skills which will be reinforced on draft day. 

Will his good showing yesterday be a guarantee that he is a star on the next level, certainly not.  There is risk in drafting JJ, similar to every other player in the draft but when looking at skillset and intangibles JJ has the goods.  He is young and raw and the team that drafts him needs to be patient but if handled correctly he could be a very good NFL QB.  He poses good value at 13 if he makes it that far which I highly doubt will happen.  

Where do you think he goes in the draft and why do you think that will be?  You have clearly stated that you have a third round grade on him and you don't think he will be a good NFL QB. 

"Casual fan" - when you use terms like that, why continue? I stopped taking you seriously when you used a 3 cone drill as evidence he'd be a good QB. It's all clowning now. 

Also, I've "clearly" said where I feel he'll be drafted and the type of situation he needs and it's not what you've said above. Feel free to go back and find the posts bc of you're not understanding the words then, I'm not going to repeat myself..... again.  I can't help you beyond that. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Lol The three cone drill was a testament to his athleticism a trait that people are underestimating with him. 

JJ had a very good day showcasing his skills which will be reinforced on draft day. 

He's a good athlete but he's not a special athlete by NFL standards.

Can you honestly watch him throw yesterday and tell me that he had a very good day? He was over throwing guys deep, missed basically every throw to the left side of the field, and had some balls float on him. 

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

He is a lock in the top 15 from everything I've seen.  He is a quick processor with a good arm and extremely athletic. 

He'll go in the top 10 but man, extremely athletic? When I think of extremely athletic I think of Lamar, Allen, Richardson, etc. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

"Casual fan" - when you use terms like that, why continue? I stopped taking you seriously when you used a 3 cone drill as evidence he'd be a good QB. It's all clowning now. 

Also, I've "clearly" said where I feel he'll be drafted and the type of situation he needs and it's not what you've said above. Feel free to go back and find the posts bc of you're not understanding the words then, I'm not going to repeat myself..... again.  I can't help you beyond that. 

I still can't believe anyone watched him throw yesterday and thought that he had a really good day.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

😂😂😂 the 3 cone drill...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I still can't believe anyone watched him throw yesterday and thought that he had a really good day.

You're clearly an OSU fan if you don't think he did. At least that's what I've been told

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He's a good athlete but he's not a special athlete by NFL standards.

Can you honestly watch him throw yesterday and tell me that he had a very good day? He was over throwing guys deep, missed basically every throw to the left side of the field, and had some balls float on him. 

It wasn’t great, but he threw effortlessly where some of the other guys had to really step into their throws. Again people are comparing a 20 year old with a 24 year old.

it’s not fair to JJ, most of these other guys were sitting the bench at 20

12 hours ago, big_palooka said:

McCarthy did everything he needed to secure a top 5pick. 

With all of the reports about how enamored teams around the league are with him, you really might have to get ahead of NY at #6 if you want to take him.

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

meh it wasn't a bad day per say but it definitely didn't answer any questions about whether or not he was a game manager. nothing he did yesterday justifying him being picked on the top 10 which is exactly where I think he'll be picked

I didn’t watch JJ throw live just saw the cuts up. Didn’t think he did anything great tbh. Hand size is alarming to me. Same size as Goff. Not ideal

Did see Penix sling that ball around tho. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

It wasn’t great, but he threw effortlessly where some of the other guys had to really step into their throws. Again people are comparing a 20 year old with a 24 year old.

it’s not fair to JJ, most of these other guys were sitting the bench at 20

His ball placement on throws to the left side of the field was erratic and he looked like Derek Carr throwing the go routes. On three of them he put way too much on it and the one he completed floated and the receiver had to slow down for it. 

If you want to say he's young and can develop, I get that, but his performance yesterday left a lot to be desired. I'm interested to see if he can clean it up at his pro day. And if we ultimately do decide to take him I'll support him. I just view him as a project that has above average / good traits. 

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

I didn’t watch JJ throw live just saw the cuts up. Didn’t think he did anything great tbh. Hand size is alarming to me. Same size as Goff. Not ideal

Did see Penix sling that ball around tho. 

Penix was clearly the best throw of the football