2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

7 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

Isn't it more about teams being QB needy right now, as opposed to him being considered a "top" talent? 

If teams see him as QB3 ahead of Daniels, I'd say it's talent. 

3 hours ago, Dessie said:

I agree with this, lot of OL talent available. CJ Hanson had a good combine and so did Mason McCormick both guards likely late round picks that I like. Mahogany, Haynes, Beebe. I’d be happy trading down in the 2nd to get more mid round picks. 

And that's why you go DT, QB early, lots of OL and CB,s are going to be deep in 2nd top 3rd

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

OT maybe. They want to build inside out. 

I doubt it. There's a lot of good tackles, particularly right tackles that you can get at 13. It seems like the thinking is that it's either JJ or hopefully the rumors are true. That people would rather take him over Daniel's and then they could try to steal Daniels but that still doesn't deal with the problem of pick # 4 being up for grabs potentially.

5 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Odds are that if they trade up though it’s for Daniels who will most likely go top 3.

Lot of assumptions there.

I would assume if they go up to 6, it's for McCarthy.

1 hour ago, massraider said:

Lot of assumptions there.

I would assume if they go up to 6, it's for McCarthy.

I think Tafur said they might trade up again from 5 or 6. AP and Daniels are pretty close I mean he’s the only prospect to get into the locker room at the end of the season. Daniels was quoted as being really happy to play for AP and the Raiders. 

I agree that it’s possible for them to target someone else but it’s most likely that it’ll be the guy that the HC has an existing relationship with. 

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

OT maybe. They want to build inside out. 

There's no way you're trading up that high in a QB top heavy class where you'd have to pay a premium to take an OT in a super deep OT class.

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

If teams see him as QB3 ahead of Daniels, I'd say it's talent. 

Draft is all about preference and projection. I think the Daniels hype has gone a little off the rails, he’s a good prospect but I don’t think he’s on the same tier as Williams and Maye. And I could see why a lot of teams might project McCarthy’s upside as higher.

He’s three years younger, has a better NFL frame, played in a pro style system and doesn’t have a reckless playing style like Daniels. 

Thats probably my biggest concern with him, even if he does pan out, how long can he sustain it? Mobile QBs historically decline much faster than pocket passers. And he’s extremely reckless with his running style and is super thin. 

3 hours ago, Chali21 said:

I think Tafur said they might trade up again from 5 or 6. AP and Daniels are pretty close I mean he’s the only prospect to get into the locker room at the end of the season. Daniels was quoted as being really happy to play for AP and the Raiders. 

I agree that it’s possible for them to target someone else but it’s most likely that it’ll be the guy that the HC has an existing relationship with. 

I think it's pretty clear that Daniels is the QB we'd prefer. But it sounds like we like JJ as well and he's probably a more realistic target. 

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

There's no way you're trading up that high in a QB top heavy class where you'd have to pay a premium to take an OT in a super deep OT class.

Likely right. Trading up for anything other than QB wouldn't make sense.

• Like 1