2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Edge is unnecessary. CB isn't either depending on what we do in FA. I think right tackle is necessary at some point this off-season QB must happen in the draft now.

CB is still definitely a need, we only have 2 starters. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

CB is still definitely a need, we only have 2 starters. 

The way I look at it is that if you re-sign a Meek Robertson or you get Adoree Jackson, I see that as a good enough CB room to go with the D line that we now have.

In theory, resigning a Meek Robertson for a cheap deal is the type of signing that allows you to pay a Malcolm Koons, or a Nate Hobbs next year. It's these really good teams. Keep their defenses together. I personally believe that's why they let Josh Jacobs go. It's a long-term play.

When you have a great D line, your corners don't have to be great they just have to be good

10 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The way I look at it is that if you re-sign a Meek Robertson or you get Adoree Jackson, I see that as a good enough CB room to go with the D line that we now have.

So if we sign a top FA CB then it won't be a need, lol.

21 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I wouldn't force with one. Sure they are in play, but so are WR/CB/EDGE

I don't think anyone on planet earth outside of you thinks WR is in play at #13

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Honestly I would try to get the top 4 qb's. Next year's class is not great and we need to start growing with a young QB now. I've never been one to advocate for trading future picks but genuinely this might be a situation where you seriously consider it if you can get into the top 3.

I think it’s fairly early to judge if 2025 QB class is weak or not. 

There could be several QBs who improve and emerge next season like JJ , Nix and Daniels did this year.

Early on:

Ewers, Sanders, Weigman, Allar, Dart, Beck , DJ Uiagalelei , Leonard and Ward could all emerge next year

13 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

In theory, resigning a Meek Robertson for a cheap deal is the type of signing that allows you to pay a Malcolm Koons, or a Nate Hobbs next year. It's these really good teams. Keep their defenses together. I personally believe that's why they let Josh Jacobs go. It's a long-term play.

When you have a great D line, your corners don't have to be great they just have to be good

I'm still drafting Quinon Mitchell 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

Giants are in an interesting spot. Diminished draft capital now with the Burns trade and a huge QB contract on the books. 

They certainly won't be trading up a couple spots now to try to beat out the teams behind them from jumping them

They traded Leonard Williams for a 2nd/5th and then traded a 2nd/5th for Brian Burns.

They're not committed to Daniel Jones after this season.

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think anyone on planet earth outside of you thinks WR is in play at #13

Tae is over 30 years old. Meyers is a patriots guy and can be gone in one season. It’s an all time great WR class. There’s been plenty of times I have been right when other people shot down my ideas. 

26 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

We should be able to get a good WR prospect in the middle of the draft 

If we can draft a solid WR#1 that is worth a mid round pick. I’m not trying to reach on need, I want us to go BPA

9 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Tae is over 30 years old. Meyers is a patriots guy and can be gone in one season. It’s an all time great WR class. There’s been plenty of times I have been right when other people shot down my ideas. 

You ain't never right lol. You just throw out 100 different ideas. 

Here is a dud from last year.

https://stripehype.com/posts/myles-murphy-considered-worst-first-round-rookie-2023

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 2