2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

Posted (edited)

Say Caleb- Bears, Maye - Pats, Daniels- Washington, JJ - Vikings, Nix- Broncos

so who would be in the market for QB in 2025

• Jets- Rodgers could retire or not 
  • Dolphins- could skip on paying Tua- so he would be a free agent option
  • Browns- could pull the plug and eat that Watson contract with another horrible year 
  • Steelers- Russ might be a stop gap, Fields unknown. They Gave up on Pickett 
  • Raiders - 
  • Cowboys- could elect to let Dak walk in free agency which I doubt
  • Giants- I think this might be a make or break year for Jones 
  • Rams- Stafford getting older  

So that is 8 teams maybe in the market in 2025- with Pennix still going be draft by team and Fields, Tua, Dak hitting free agency. 

that 8 shrinks to 4 teams. We will be 5 years removed from COVID so next year class will be early 20s prospects and not all these mid 20 QBs. It's a promising QB class in 2025

• Sanders- has a chance to go Number 1- going be a face of a franchise. He has it all and a better prospect than Jayden 
  • Drew Allar - another face of the franchise type at 6'6 245- he is what people wish JJ had. Elite size, mobile, gun slinger, A rated arm, can process, accurate, mobile, leader, smart. he will be fighting for the number 1 spot. He reminds me of Josh Allen 

next tier ----

• Carson Beck- tore it up in the Sec. Ideal size, accurate, a riffle. I dont like how he is a pocket passer with little scrambling ability. Might have been a 1st rounder this year but decided to build off his JR year. Could rise 
  • Quinn Ewers- has A plus arm, hyped out of high school, has been a little inconsistent. Could sky rocket to 1 st pick if he puts it all together. 
  • Conor Weigman- can make all the throws, great at reading defense, accurate, good size. He just was hurt in 2023. Stock can sky rocket 

other guys with potential-----

• Cam Ward- could flourish in Miami. Has been good everywhere- flashy throws, athletic, accurate 
  • Riley Leonard- another transfer- has elite size and reminds me of Daniel Jones- but can he improve as a passer
  • KJ Jefferson- another transfer- elite size who can make all the throws and can scramble. All 3 of these guys can easily be in the 1st round mix with a strong year 
  • Jalen Milroe- he flashed in his first season as starter in Bama. Dual threat who can build on his strong finish. Has the traits and arm. Could be a top 10 pick with a monster season 

plus another guy could emerge this fall. 

We would be smart if we were in position to draft one of the big 3 in the 2024 class. We won down the stretch so that thought is out the window. I see too many flaws to draft the other QBS 4-6

• JJ - was a game manager in college. Doesn't have the elite traits either. He's a boom or bust prospect and not worth trading up to obtain, as I think he will go in the top 10
  • Pennix- I think he is a solid pocket passer but his age and injury history is concerning. 3 major injuries is nothing to overlook, I see him as a 2nd rounder 
  • Nix- he played in a very QB friendly offense where WRs were Wide out, and his depth of target was so low. He is also in his mid 20s. I just dont see him as a game changing QB. 

So we could wait until 2025 with less competition for a QB.  It might be a better and young QB class too. Give Gardner/AOC one shot I guess. Probably bring in one more potential QB via trade or mid rounds would be my call. 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

• Jets- could retire or not 
  • Browns- could pull the plug and eat that Watson contract with another horrible year 
  • Raiders - 

So that is 8 teams maybe in the market in 2025- with Pennix still going be draft by team and Fields, Tua, Dak hitting free agency. 

that 8 shrinks to 4 teams. We will be 5 years removed from COVID so next year class will be early 20s prospects and not all these mid 20 QBs. It's a promising QB class in 2025

• Sanders- has a chance to go Number 1- going be a face of a franchise. He has it all and a better prospect than Jayden 
  • Drew Allar - another face of the franchise type at 6'6 245- he is what people wish JJ had. Elite size, mobile, gun slinger, A rated arm, can process, accurate, mobile, leader, smart. he will be fighting for the number 1 spot. He reminds me of Josh Allen 

next tier ----

• Carson Beck- tore it up in the Sec. Ideal size, accurate, a riffle. I dont like how he is a pocket passer with little scrambling ability. Might have been a 1st rounder this year but decided to build off his JR year. Could rise 
  • Quinn Ewers- has A plus arm, hyped out of high school, has been a little inconsistent. Could sky rocket to 1 st pick if he puts it all together. 
  • Conor Weigman- can make all the throws, great at reading defense, accurate, good size. He just was hurt in 2023. Stock can sky rocket 

• Cam Ward- could flourish in Miami. Has been good everywhere- flashy throws, athletic, accurate 
  • Riley Leonard- another transfer- has elite size and reminds me of Daniel Jones- but can he improve as a passer
  • KJ Jefferson- another transfer- elite size who can make all the throws and can scramble. All 3 of these guys can easily be in the 1st round mix with a strong year 
  • Jalen Milroe- he flashed in his first season as starter in Bama. Dual threat who can build on his strong finish. Has the traits and arm. Could be a top 10 pick with a monster season 

We would be smart if we were in position to draft one of the big 3 in the 2024 class. We won down the stretch so that thought is out the window. I see too many flaws to draft the other QBS 4-6

• JJ - was a game manager in college. Doesn't have the elite traits either. He's a boom or bust prospect and not worth trading up to obtain, as I think he will go in the top 10
  • Pennix- I think he is a solid pocket passer but his age and injury history is concerning. 3 major injuries is nothing to overlook, I see him as a 2nd rounder 
  • Nix- he played in a very QB friendly offense where WRs were Wide out, and his depth of target was so low. He is also in his mid 20s. I just dont see him as a game changing QB. 

So we could wait until 2025 with less competition for a QB.  It might be a better and young QB class too. Give Gardner/AOC one shot I guess. Probably bring in one more potential QB via trade or mid rounds would be my call. 

Giants, Jets, Rams are for sure in the QB market. Rookie QB gives Daboll and GM more time. If they fail with Jones/Lock this year. Year 4 is win or fired year

Jets/Rams old starting QBs. Falcons gonna draft a QB too

Edited by bucksavage1

4 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Giants, Jets, Rams are for sure in the QB market. Rookie QB gives Daboll and GM more time. If they fail with Jones/Lock this year. Year 4 is win or fired year

Jets/Rams old starting QBs. Falcons gonna draft a QB too

I don't see Falcons using a 1st on a QB in 24/25 after giving Cousins that deal. 

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I don't see Falcons using a 1st on a QB in 24/25 after giving Cousins that deal. 

Not rd1. The only team I see spending it first round pick on a quarterback is the Giants and possibly the Rams

17 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

• Jets- Rodgers could retire or not 
  • Raiders - 

next tier ----

This is the way I see it but I would draft a quarterback on day just to take a flyer on someone. 

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He was killing it against Nabers and the fast guys in the SEC. Game speed is clearly not an issue.

He’s definitely my #1 corner if we go that route and would be my preferred non QB pick outside of someone dropping we never thought would be there. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Preparing myself mentally to not freak out when they say Penix at 13. 

Talk about put a team on your mf back wonder if Mike put up more passes vs Penn st than jj

49 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In the FF. GM Mock Draft we have:

12. Quinyon Mitchell | CB | Toledo

44. Kiran Amegadjie | OT | Yale

77. Jonathon Brooks | RB | Texas

Really like brooks. Unsure about the yale OT at 44

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

In the FF. GM Mock Draft we have:

12. Quinyon Mitchell | CB | Toledo

44. Kiran Amegadjie | OT | Yale

77. Jonathon Brooks | RB | Texas

Which IOL were available at #77? 

I like Irving as a good fit for our outside zone scheme and would prefer we look at IOL before RB. Thought Amegadjie might be a 3rd rounder so interesting to see who we passed on at #44 as well.