2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I was generally curious if that was a narrative. I remember him running at Indiana and never really needing to at Washington in that offense where he was never pressured. Which is still my biggest question on him. 

Yea thats supposedly one of the knocks on him(besides the the injury and age thing). Supposedly he cant move(which was supposedly exposed against Michigan). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

His 8 rushing yards last season was the epitome of dual threat ability

On 3/23/2024 at 11:14 AM, Jeremy408 said:

After the really good point that @raidr4life I realize that having a quarterback conversation with you is pointless because you only want who theoretically won't be available. Therefore the conversation won't be rational. Everyone else sucks in that scenario. I have nothing else to say to you about concerning these matters lol. I don't do the pipe dream conversations. 

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I was generally curious if that was a narrative. I remember him running at Indiana and never really needing to at Washington in that offense where he was never pressured. Which is still my biggest question on him. 

I've seen a few people question his mobility. 

That said, I'm a huge Penix guy and even I can understand the concern as it undoubtedly stems from the injuries. 

That said, he clearly moves on the rebuilt ACLs just fine- only question is for how much longer and through how much more wear and...pun intended....tear?

33 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yea thats supposedly one of the knocks on him(besides the the injury and age thing). Supposedly he cant move(which was supposedly exposed against Michigan). 

Penix is the purest passer in this year's draft class. His game is reliant on structure, so his mobility is limited by his play style.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Some NFL offensive coordinator is thinking of ways to use Penix legs more at the next level

Dude is one injury away from a wheel chair he has zero interest in running or taking hits

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How is 8 rushing yards mobile again 

Ask Carr he's mobile doesn't use his legs. Which means just because he doesn't use his legs doesn't mean he's not mobile and like someone said earlier a coach will most likely try to get him to do that especially if it can surprise a defense.

5 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Ask Carr he's mobile doesn't use his legs. Which means just because he doesn't use his legs doesn't mean he's not mobile and like someone said earlier a coach will most likely try to get him to do that especially if it can surprise a defense.

With his injury history I don’t think you want him taking hella hits 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

With his injury history I don’t think you want him taking hella hits 

If there are running lanes you have to take it when plays break down, just have to be smart about sliding or getting out of bounds. Unlike AO4 who is just godawful slow he can hit those running lanes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

How is 8 rushing yards mobile again 

On 3/23/2024 at 11:14 AM, Jeremy408 said:

After the really good point that @raidr4life I realize that having a quarterback conversation with you is pointless because you only want who theoretically won't be available. Therefore the conversation won't be rational. Everyone else sucks in that scenario. I have nothing else to say to you about concerning these matters lol. I don't do the pipe dream conversations.