2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yea but what do you consider overpaying for him. Do you think he can be a long term starter on the outside(because one thing we know for sure is he can't play the slot)

Quality depth, if he’s starting he’s someone you want to upgrade imo 

8 hours ago, FloydFan said:

I swear there’s a groupthink out there where if you don’t think Caleb is QB1 then you think he is garbage. I don’t understand it. 

I think it’s more the Maye crowds insecurities trying to dump on CW. 

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

Valid, but have you seen SCs defense? I feel like CW has to be Superman for them to win 

I don’t want to hear that crap. I’m tired of excuses. I don’t blame Caleb for not winning every game, I was pointing out an inconsistency in the argument that was presented. This is the problem with the Caleb crowd. Someone can say they still like him as a prospect but if you don’t think he’s generational the excuse parade starts. The Caleb crowd can’t handle that some people think he’s not generational and it’s comical at this point. 

• Like 1

I get the CW criticism and he does play too much hero ball. But that’s what it takes for USC to win. He doesn’t have to comfort of attempting 9 passes and beating a top 6 team. 

but if he can be reigned in, and play within structure and pick his spots to be magical like Mahomes, he can be special. Not many QBs have his playmaking ability. It will come down to if he is disciplined enough to take what defenses give him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I get the CW criticism and he does play too much hero ball. But that’s what it takes for USC to win. He doesn’t have to comfort of attempting 9 passes and beating a top 6 team. 

but if he can be reigned in, and play within structure and pick his spots to be magical like Mahomes, he can be special. Not many QBs have his playmaking ability. It will come down to if he is disciplined enough to take what defenses give him. 

Like I’ve said the whole time. I think he’s a great prospect. The hero ball stuff is fun but can be worrisome. I think at the end of the day he will be a good one. I just as a prospect like Maye more. 

32 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Thank you Geezy, I couldn't have said it better myself. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Right now my QB rankings:

First Round Grades

1. Caleb Williams

2. Drake Maye

3. JJ McCarthy 

Second Round Grades

4. Bo Nix

5. Michael Penix

6. Jayden Daniels 

I’d throw Quinn Ewers in the 2nd round and say Penix is more likely to be a 1st rounder IMO but could go Round 2.

I think round 2 is where we find our QBotF

• Like 1