2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

i legit dont know the question being asked by either side 😂

I feel like both of you are typically pretty open for conversation about different ideas, not sure how this got so out of hand lol

A recap..... she said Champ Kelly can't draft. Then attacked with sophomoric name calling when I said Kelly has never been in a position to draft, so how do we know. Then argued that being a part of a front office means you drafted before I guess?  

So I asked her a yes or no.... did Champ Kelly ever draft a player? (answer is no). She won't answer, instead fixating on some mysterious question about the old regime I am to answer from a year ago. I said I would answer, but she can't be bothered to ask again, insisting I should search thousands of posts to find it. 

That's my simple question, I have no idea what hers is still.... she doesn't either, hence the big emotions she can't seem to control.

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

i legit dont know the question being asked by either side 😂

I feel like both of you are typically pretty open for conversation about different ideas, not sure how this got so out of hand lol

BP is the consummate homer trying desperately to be right about his preferences that are solely and admittedly based not on fact, but a desire for as little change as possible along with being a massive hypocrite. 

Dude doesn't understand basic fundamentals of...well....anything. He spent over a year defending Josh McDaniels ad nauseum, using arguments for an OC- when Josh wasn't hired to be an OC, but a HC. Now, he has his new in-house daddy dearest and is yet again refusing to understand the basic concepts behind job functions.

Basically, I made the assertion that Champ Kelly couldn't draft and based it on Champ Kelly's job history and close association to some horrendous drafts. BP now wants to equate draft picks ONLY to GMs, which simply isn't how it works. And now he's dressing up his "question" purposefully to evade any nuance. I never asserted Champ Kelly was a GM or himself walked to the podium. 

This, I'm just not engaging. He's playing the "it's a yes or no" question game solely to play the gotcha card, when the issue at hand isn't a simple yes/no in the first place. 

Example:

Dec 2021: "Dave Zeigler sucks as a GM and has no idea what he's doing."

BP's version of a "question": "Well he's never been the Raiders GM. Yes or no."

Obviously, the answer is no. It's insulting to even answer such a moronic question. But Dave Zeigler never having been the Raiders GM isn't really the issue, the issue is nothing about his past performance at anything signaled he was going to be good at it. If anything, his time with McDaniels elsewhere was a giant blinking red indicator that he wouldn't. 

Classic example of someone attempting to devalue an opposing opinion with bs logic. He's had it out for me since I called him out for being a Pats fanboy because he would try to pick a debate and come armed with easy to disprove subjective nonsense. His ego got bruised and just being a sis about it. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

BP is the consummate homer trying desperately to be right about his preferences that are solely and admittedly based not on fact, but a desire for as little change as possible along with being a massive hypocrite. 

Except BP has no issue admitting when wrong and will change his mind given more evidence to the fact. It's documented and respected. I have no desire to be right to a group of strangers like yourself. 

Dude doesn't understand basic fundamentals of...well....anything. He spent over a year defending Josh McDaniels ad nauseum, using arguments for an OC- when Josh wasn't hired to be an OC, but a HC. Now, he has his new in-house daddy dearest and is yet again refusing to understand the basic concepts behind job functions.

No, BP didn't want McDaniels to be hired. When he was on a 6 year contract, said well he's here now so should get at least 3 years to instal his way of doing things with his players. Davis committed to the philosophy, has to see it through. It was all level headed, but people like you love to spin things and bend the narrative. 

asically, I made the assertion that Champ Kelly couldn't draft and based it on Champ Kelly's job history and close association to some horrendous drafts. BP now wants to equate draft picks ONLY to GMs, which simply isn't how it works. And now he's dressing up his "question" purposefully to evade any nuance. I never asserted Champ Kelly was a GM or himself walked to the podium. 

Does the GM/coach depending on set up not have final say in the draft? Once again.... yes or no? Simple question. 

You can't just assoicate every bad draft pick with everyone in the organization. Kelly's philosophy could be entirely different for all you know. 

Thanks for admitting you don't want to answer the questions, because you don't want a "gotcha" moment. Hence the deflection though.... we're getting to the root of your insecurity. 

Dec 2021: "Dave Zeigler sucks as a GM and has no idea what he's doing."

BP's version of a "question": "Well he's never been the Raiders GM. Yes or no."

Great example of your nonsense. You say someone sucks before they've done the job because of association. There is nuance and they should be judged on the job the eventually do. 

Example, Ryan Poles.... by your logic, he should be a terrific GM in Chicago. He came from KC under a top FO ran by Brett Veach. But he's failing miserably in Chicago with bad trade and FA signings. 

You can't judge someone's ability before they've done the job simply because you hate who they are associated with. 

• Like 1

I've been messing with Chatgpt for work related things, here is a summary of the argument and I asked Chatgpt who was right and it won't answer due to the subjectivity and lack of facts it has available. Seems like an agree to disagree, but lets make sure to use the next 20 pages going in circles. cc @BackinBlack who asked what the argument was

The argument between BigPalooka (BP) and RonJon centers around several points:

Champ Kelly's Drafting Ability:

RonJon asserts that Champ Kelly couldn't draft, based on Kelly's job history and association with some bad drafts.

BP argues that RonJon is equating draft picks only to GMs, which is not how it works. BP suggests that GMs and coaches often have the final say in the draft.

BP's Defense of Josh McDaniels:

RonJon accuses BP of defending Josh McDaniels, who was hired as a head coach, not an offensive coordinator. RonJon suggests that BP is refusing to understand basic job functions.

BP counters by stating that he didn't want McDaniels to be hired initially but advocated for giving him time to implement his philosophy after the hiring decision was made.

Dave Zeigler's Evaluation:

RonJon gives the example of BP saying Dave Zeigler sucks as a GM and questions BP's tendency to judge someone before they've actually done the job based on associations.

BP argues that individuals should be judged on the job they eventually do, citing the example of Ryan Poles, who, according to BP, is not doing well in Chicago despite coming from a successful FO in Kansas City.

Overall, the argument involves disagreements on evaluating individuals based on their job history, associations, and the nuanced understanding of drafting responsibilities. There isn't a clear-cut answer as to who is right, as it largely depends on individual perspectives and interpretations of the events and individuals mentioned in the discussion.

But who is right though? 

Determining who is "right" in this argument is subjective and depends on individual perspectives. Both BigPalooka (BP) and RonJon present their viewpoints, and the "rightness" of their arguments may depend on personal opinions and interpretations of the events and individuals discussed.

In discussions like these, it's not uncommon for both parties to have valid points, and the "rightness" may lie in a middle ground or depend on specific details not fully disclosed in the conversation. Without additional context or specific facts about Champ Kelly's drafting history, Josh McDaniels' performance, or Dave Zeigler's tenure, it's challenging to definitively say who is right in this particular argument.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

I've been messing with Chatgpt for work related things, here is a summary of the argument and I asked Chatgpt who was right and it won't answer due to the subjectivity and lack of facts it has available. Seems like an agree to disagree, but lets make sure to use the next 20 pages going in circles. cc @BackinBlack who asked what the argument was

The argument between BigPalooka (BP) and RonJon centers around several points:

Champ Kelly's Drafting Ability:

RonJon asserts that Champ Kelly couldn't draft, based on Kelly's job history and association with some bad drafts.

BP argues that RonJon is equating draft picks only to GMs, which is not how it works. BP suggests that GMs and coaches often have the final say in the draft.

BP's Defense of Josh McDaniels:

RonJon accuses BP of defending Josh McDaniels, who was hired as a head coach, not an offensive coordinator. RonJon suggests that BP is refusing to understand basic job functions.

BP counters by stating that he didn't want McDaniels to be hired initially but advocated for giving him time to implement his philosophy after the hiring decision was made.

Dave Zeigler's Evaluation:

RonJon gives the example of BP saying Dave Zeigler sucks as a GM and questions BP's tendency to judge someone before they've actually done the job based on associations.

BP argues that individuals should be judged on the job they eventually do, citing the example of Ryan Poles, who, according to BP, is not doing well in Chicago despite coming from a successful FO in Kansas City.

Overall, the argument involves disagreements on evaluating individuals based on their job history, associations, and the nuanced understanding of drafting responsibilities. There isn't a clear-cut answer as to who is right, as it largely depends on individual perspectives and interpretations of the events and individuals mentioned in the discussion.

But who is right though? 

Determining who is "right" in this argument is subjective and depends on individual perspectives. Both BigPalooka (BP) and RonJon present their viewpoints, and the "rightness" of their arguments may depend on personal opinions and interpretations of the events and individuals discussed.

In discussions like these, it's not uncommon for both parties to have valid points, and the "rightness" may lie in a middle ground or depend on specific details not fully disclosed in the conversation. Without additional context or specific facts about Champ Kelly's drafting history, Josh McDaniels' performance, or Dave Zeigler's tenure, it's challenging to definitively say who is right in this particular argument.

Lmao love this. Thanks for the tag. Love me some chatgpt. 

To speculate on how the Raiders could beat the Dolphins, I can provide some general strategies that teams often consider in football games. However, keep in mind that actual game outcomes are influenced by numerous factors and can be unpredictable. Here are some strategies the Raiders might consider:

1. Effective Offense:

• Establish a balanced offensive attack with a mix of running and passing plays.
    • Exploit weaknesses in the Dolphins' defense through strategic play-calling.
    • Protect the quarterback to allow for successful passing plays.
  2. Solid Defense:

• Analyze the Dolphins' offensive tendencies and develop a game plan to counteract them.
    • Apply pressure on the opposing quarterback to disrupt their passing game.
    • Limit big plays and force turnovers to give the Raiders' offense advantageous field position.
  3. Special Teams Performance:

• Win the battle in special teams, including field position on kickoffs and punts.
    • Make accurate field goals and extra points to capitalize on scoring opportunities.
  4. Minimize Mistakes:

• Reduce penalties and turnovers to avoid giving the Dolphins additional opportunities.
    • Execute well on third downs to sustain offensive drives.
  5. Adjustments and Flexibility:

• Be prepared to make in-game adjustments based on how the Dolphins are playing.
    • Adapt to changing circumstances and exploit any weaknesses that become apparent during the game.

beating the dolphins will be easy if we just stick to these guidlines laid out by chatgpt. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

To be honest, I don't even know why there's a Drake Maye versus Caleb Williams argument when we're not gonna be able to draft either of them

To he honest, I don't even know why there's so much hype around either one at this point other than that we were conditioned over the last year or so to accept them as the top 2 QBs expected to be drafted in 2024. 

Neither one looks like someone I'd draft and say "I genuinely believe we're going to be abke to build around this guy for the next 10 or so years." and not have to convince myself of that belief. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

To he honest, I don't even know why there's so much hype around either one at this point other than that we were conditioned over the last year or so to accept them as the top 2 QBs expected to be drafted in 2024. 

Neither one looks like someone I'd draft and say "I genuinely believe we're going to be abke to build around this guy for the next 10 or so years." and not have to convince myself of that belief. 

Do you like to just go against the narrative?