2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

For me 

1. Caleb - he has a ceiling to be in the top 3 QB in the league tier. He has potential to be great 

2- Drake Maye- I think he can be Justin Herbert or even better. Again, pairing him with a good coach would be key 

—————

Top 10 

Jayden Daniels- he’s a dual threat who can make all the throws, is accurate, and can see the field. Good height, could maybe bulk up 10-15 pounds. Special running ability. He could be in the Hurts/ Lamar Jackson tier or QBs. I’m high on this guy and I think we need to draft one of the top 3 

————-

Late 1st/ Early 2nd 

Michael Pennix- he has looked amazing and might be the Heisman. Can make all the throws, good feel for the game, accurate. I think his acls and age will drop him to lower 1st/early 2nd. I think he can be a good starter but his ceiling might be limited. Don’t overlook he has been playing with 2 all america wideouts too and looks amazing being older 

———- Day 2 / 3 

Joe Milton- heard he might test like a freak. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him drafted at QB5

Bo Nix- I think he will be a backup in the NFL. He can run, but doesn’t even come from an NFL offense. He’s old too.

Michael Pratt - had a down year due to injury. From a small school too. He has the size, arm, and is a good QB. Could be a sleeper 

Spencer Rattler- I think he is going test well. Probably will be seen more of a backup rather then a future starting QB 

I think Sanders, Beck, Riley Leonard, Ewers, Cam Ward go back to school to boost their stock 

Edited by Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

For me 

1. Caleb - he has a ceiling to be in the top 3 QB in the league tier. He has potential to be great 

2- Drake Maye- I think he can be Justin Herbert or even better. Again, pairing him with a good coach would be key 

—————

Top 10 

Jayden Daniels- he’s a dual threat who can make all the throws, is accurate, and can see the field. Good height, could maybe bulk up 10-15 pounds. Special running ability. He could be in the Hurts/ Lamar Jackson tier or QBs. I’m high on this guy and I think we need to draft one of the top 3 

————-

Late 1st/ Early 2nd 

Michael Pennix- he has looked amazing and might be the Heisman. Can make all the throws, good feel for the game, accurate. I think his acls and age will drop him to lower 1st/early 2nd. I think he can be a good starter but his ceiling might be limited. Don’t overlook he has been playing with 2 all america wideouts too and looks amazing being older 

———- Day 2 / 3 

Joe Milton- heard he might test like a freak. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him drafted at QB5

Bo Nix- I think he will be a backup in the NFL. He can run, but doesn’t even come from an NFL offense. He’s old too.

Michael Pratt - had a down year due to injury. From a small school too. He has the size, arm, and is a good QB. Could be a sleeper 

Spencer Rattler- I think he is going test well. Probably will be seen more of a backup rather then a future starting QB 

I think Sanders, Beck, Riley Leonard, Ewers, Cam Ward go back to school to boost their stock 

Pennix is the same age as Nix and plays in QB friendly offense that doesn't translate to the NFL. You like him, but Nix is a back up?

Daniels isn't adding 15 lbs to that frame. He is a one read QB playing with two first round WRs. Doesn't have the same speed as Lamar. And doesn't have the size of a Hurts to take punishment as a runner. He's a good college QB who will get exposed in the pros. 

43 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Pennix is the same age as Nix and plays in QB friendly offense that doesn't translate to the NFL. You like him, but Nix is a back up?

Daniels isn't adding 15 lbs to that frame. He is a one read QB playing with two first round WRs. Doesn't have the same speed as Lamar. And doesn't have the size of a Hurts to take punishment as a runner. He's a good college QB who will get exposed in the pros. 

I'm not high as Pennix as others, hence late 1st / 2nd round. I think he will go in 2nd, but I could see a team getting him at the end of the 1st

Right now for me it's:

Tier 1: Caleb Williams | Drake Maye

Tier 2: JJ McCarthy

-----------------------------------

Tier 3: Jayden Daniels

Tier 4: Michael Penix

Tier 5: Bo Nix

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

For me 

—————

Top 10 

————-

Late 1st/ Early 2nd 

———- Day 2 / 3 

JJ McCarthy is your QB10???

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Penix and Nix have obvious pros and cons. Penix throws a beautiful ball and will go in the 2nd. If we get a top CB/DT prospect in the first round (assuming we aren't able to get any of the QB's I want), he would be a great consolation prize. 

QBs almost always get pushed up the draft board, I think he'll end up going in the 1st round. Even if it's later in the first I could see a team like the Seahawks loving him. 

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

JJ McCarthy is your QB10???

Humble is emotional and his rankings are heavily influenced by recency bias (unless the player is from Fresno State). Wouldn’t be surprised to see huge shifts in his rankings after the College Football Playoff is wrapped and then shift yet again after the combine/pro day circuit. 

• Like 2

11. JJ McCarthy | QB | Michigan

43. T'Vondre Sweat | DL | Texas

75. Kris Abrams-Draine | CB | Missouri 

111. Donovan Jackson | OL | Ohio State

146. Danny Stutsman | LB | Oklahoma 

207. Justin Peal | OT | Illinois 

222. Dylan Laube | RB | New Hampshire 

227. Zy Alexander | DB | LSU

239. Ricky Pearsall | WR | Florida