2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

An even bigger issue is that we've only had a GM in place to hire a coach twice in franchise history and that was Reggie McKenzie who hired Dennis Allen and Jack Del Rio. When you really think about it he is really the only GM we've ever had that had control over personnel decisions and hiring decisions. It's just lame that we're going to be hiring a head coach and a GM at the same time again, because ideally you have a GM in place that can pick the guy he wants to work with.

Making the playoffs before our last coaching search also delayed things for us by a couple of weeks too. I wonder what the plan will be this time around, ideally we go after Smith or Johnson though.

One actually. Davis hired Del Rio too. 

25 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

All indications are he's going back. He'll be in the conversation for the #1 pick next year. He's a stud. 

Next years QB class is shaping up to be pretty solid with Sanders, Ewers, Beck, and Ward all likely returning to school.

• Like 1

Dl Guys on my first looks mid to late sleeper list

jackson ark

robinson mizzo

eboigbe bama

Burch oreg 

what happened to Tui the de from Ohio st last year he was balling then he disappeared this year

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 1:33 PM, big_palooka said:

I don't recall that being the case. Stroud was better in 2021 than his draft year, 2022. He came in as a potential #1 overall pick. He was mechanically sound with great footwork. His biggest knock was he didn't create a lot out of structure. 

He had a lot of talent around him, but still displayed to be an excellent pocket passer.

yea, i remember thinking stroud as a sfe pick, high floor low ceiling type guy... 
I wanted him for the raiders as i thought possible at 7, and we needed a guy with a high floor who could start early... 

but boy oh boy was i wrong, his ceiling is high!

• Like 2

27.6% of Nix’s passing attempts were thrown behind the line of scrimmage with a completion rate of 95.5%. 39.4% of his passing attempts were between 0-9 yards downfield with a completion rate of 82.8%.

7.0 ADOT is pretty low (193rd in D1) and the only notable QB with a lower figure is Cade Klubnik at 6.9. UAB’s Jacob Zeno had CFB’s lowest ADOT at 5.5 yards. Highest in the P5 was Jalen Milroe at 13.9.

Other QB’s ADOT for reference:

Michael Penix: 11.3

Jayden Daniels: 10.5

Caleb Williams: 9.2

Quinn Ewers: 8.4

Carson Beck: 8.5

Shedeur Sanders: 8.5

JJ McCarthy: 10.3

Drake Maye: 11.0

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If we lose out and end up at like 6 what would it cost to get up to #2?

Waaaaay more than I'd ever give, especially with us having a new GM at the helm (and if it's Champ Kelly's bum ***, I certainly wouldn't allow him to swing any massive trade like that). 

• Like 1