2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

7 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

So we're not taking a LT now round 1? I've seen enough of Walker to feel comfortable with him as our starting LT moving forward

Problem is even if you wanted, as we move later in the first the value changes.

You don't NEED to upgrade Walker, but if you were picking around 15 instead of 25, you easily could.

15 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

So we're not taking a LT now round 1? I've seen enough of Walker to feel comfortable with him as our starting LT moving forward

It seems like we've played our way into Jordan Morgan, Troy Fautanu, or Graham Barton, who all played LT in college but allegedly project better inside. So that's kind of a yes and no to your question.

19 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Take Sweat or an EDGE with 25/1st and then an OL (maybe Nubin) with the Jets pick. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Trading back from 32 to early RD2 probably won't net much.

I think we could be in that range where teams feel comfortable coming up for Nix or Penix. Gotta take advantage (if we're not 32 😉).

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I think we could be in that range where teams feel comfortable coming up for Nix or Penix. Gotta take advantage (if we're not 32 😉).

In all seriousness, I think so too.  GB is currently sitting around the sweet spot for teams trading into late RD1 for a QB.  More or less where Love and Rodgers were both drafted.

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

In all seriousness, I think so too.  GB is currently sitting around the sweet spot for teams trading into late RD1 for a QB.  More or less where Love and Rodgers were both drafted.

Forgot about JJ McCarthy too. Teams are dumb so let's take advantage lol.