2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

I was joking about moving up for MHJ but we are getting in the territory where number of picks already make moving up attractive.

Isn't the projection for the Lazars contract a 4th comp? If I remember correctly the projection was 4, 6, 6 for comp picks? That would give them 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 6, 6, 6, 7.

Could a 3+4 get you from 25 to 15? Maybe a 2+4 inside the top 10? I don't know who the name would be but based on ammo and where this team is in development, taking a shot on a guy you love is worth it, assuming you hit.

Edited by spilltray

24 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I was joking about moving up for MHJ but we are getting in the territory where number of picks already make moving up attractive.

Isn't the projection for the Lazars contract a 4th comp? If I remember correctly the projection was 4, 6, 6 for comp picks? That would give them 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 6, 6, 6, 7.

Could a 3+4 get you from 25 to 15? Maybe a 2+4 inside the top 10? I don't know who the name would be but based on ammo and where this team is in development, taking a shot on a guy you love is worth it, assuming you hit.

Using the revised Rich Hill trade chart: 

#25+#41 = #10
#25+#57 = #14
#25+#41+#57 = #5
#41+#57 = #24

MHJ is probably the only player I'd be interested in using all that draft capital on. Ideally you'd be able to use Watson in the trade package in lieu of a draft pick. 

Don't think there's any package that gets Arizona to pass on him, though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm a Rome guy and I'm saying no. Watson opens up so much for this offense. 

I would think it could only happen if GB has genuine concerns on the recurring hammy issues.  Cut bait before Watson is the new Fuller.

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

I would think it could only happen if GB has genuine concerns on the recurring hammy issues.  Cut bait before Watson is the new Fuller.

Too soon for that. Always going to be WRs with the way the game is going. Would rather have Watson+25 (32) than just Odunze.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Too soon for that. Always going to be WRs with the way the game is going. Would rather have Watson+25 (32) than just Odunze.

I agree it's too soon.  I really don't want to mess with that group right now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

I agree it's too soon.  I really don't want to mess with that group right now.

I'll add to it if the value is right but I'm not subtracting from the room. They're so cohesive right now. Reed and Watson had 1 catch for 9 yards and they were out there celebrating like both popped off for 100 each. 

• Like 2

Just now, Old Guy said:

Any chance DeJean last until pick 32 for us? Not sure what his injury was to end his season. Will he be good to go at combine? 

Broke his leg.  Be surprised if he does the combine.  I think we might go safety in round one .. Nubin or Kinchens.  Maybe an OT like Patrick Paul.  

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

Broke his leg.  Be surprised if he does the combine.  I think we might go safety in round one .. Nubin or Kinchens.  Maybe an OT like Patrick Paul.  

So, you see no chance he's there at 32? 

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

I like PR's idea better of taking Sweat or Jenkins. Impact IDL are harder to find than safeties. You don't find many IDL that are Sweat's size that move like he does. Nubin might be around at the Jets pick and there's a chance he doesn't test well too. Plus, the random pop up DB prospect that tests through the roof too.