Who you got for our 53 as of now?

ST (3): P, K, LS are obvious 

Offense (25)

QB: Watson, Dobbs, DTR

RB: Chubb, Ford, Hall

WR: Cooper, DPJ, Moore, Tillman, Goodwin, Bell

OL: Wills, Bitonio, Pocic, Teller, Conklin, Jones, Wypler, Hudson, Harris (could see him traded tbh)

TE: Njoku, Akins, Bryant

Defense (25)

DE: Garrett, Obo, Wright, McGuire, Thomas

DT: Tomlinson, Ika, Hurst, Winfrey (I feel confident with the first 2 only lol)

LB: JOK, Walker, Fields, Adams, Kunaszyk, Phillips (and eventually Takitaki, starts on IR)

CB: Ward, Newsome, Emerson, Green, Mitchell, Ford

S: Delpit, Thornhill, Bell, Hickman?

I think we’re likely to see some different names at RB, LB, S and even DT after cuts and perhaps just from FAs still available.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES

We’ve actually got more OL depth and talent than most teams.  I wouldn’t be mad at all if they flip Harris for a conditional pick or something like that to a team who’s in need of a capable C.  

He’s absolutely an NFL quality player, he’s just been Wally Pipp’d by Pocic and his rookie deal is ending.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I think Togiai makes it over Hurst due to being a Berry pick, but Winfrey is in deep trouble.

Problem here is Hurst is actually good when he plays.  He just can’t stay healthy.

Felton gets moved to practice squad.

Maybe, but man he hasn’t shown much of ish.  I’d personally cut bait with that one and see if someone else can offer something unless he comes out guns blazing this summer.

Nick Harris gets placed on IR along with Taki.

Yeah, he very well may.  Martin prolly makes the roster in that case.

Schwartz better ball out in camp.

Yeah for sure.  I think he gets any and all benefits of the doubt because of his speed and ST play.

40 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Maybe, but man he hasn’t shown much of ish.  I’d personally cut bait with that one and see if someone else can offer something unless he comes out guns blazing this summer.

Practice squads are weird though. It’s not about developing, it’s about “can you do a specific thing(s) we are paying you to do.” 

Also, I’m still 100% convinced Dobbs will be a member of our coaching staff when he decides to retire. There’s a reason we want him to stick around.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Practice squads are weird though. It’s not about developing, it’s about “can you do a specific thing(s) we are paying you to do.” 

For sure, and there’s his supposed versatility.  Imo versatility implies doing multiple things WELL, but that’s another conversation.

Also, I’m still 100% convinced Dobbs will be a member of our coaching staff when he decides to retire. There’s a reason we want him to stick around.

In part I’d imagine it’s because he and Watson have known each other/worked out together since high school.  They seem to be very focused on surrounding Watson with guys who he’s comfortable with.

Just looked at our roster again-

Our WRs are pretty big. Goodwin / Schwartz and Moore are the only small guys I think make the roster. Our offensive line is pretty massive.

Other than LBs, we are HUGE on defense. Our defensive line is now massive. Other than Denzel we’ve got some big CBs.

Keep an eye on Lonnie Phelps possibly making it. The last strength will give him a great shot.

Pass rush blends both athleticism and force.

Explosive take-off and bend to attack the rush arc.

Uses long, powerful strides to trim the edge.

Tough and unflinching through contact.

Attacks blockers with alpha aggression.

Plays with bend and efficient movement around blocks.

Keeps eyes on runner when working off blocks to tackle.

A menace on special teams coverage units.

• Like 1

Keep an eye on Lonnie Phelps possibly making it. The last strength will give him a great shot.

Pass rush blends both athleticism and force.

Explosive take-off and bend to attack the rush arc.

Uses long, powerful strides to trim the edge.

Tough and unflinching through contact.

Attacks blockers with alpha aggression.

Plays with bend and efficient movement around blocks.

Keeps eyes on runner when working off blocks to tackle.

A menace on special teams coverage units.

We also don’t really have anyone else with his burst/skill set/“type” on the roster.

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Just looked at our roster again-

Our WRs are pretty big. Goodwin / Schwartz and Moore are the only small guys I think make the roster. Our offensive line is pretty massive.

Other than LBs, we are HUGE on defense. Our defensive line is now massive. Other than Denzel we’ve got some big CBs.

But I still think we are athletic enough for the modern NFL