Bills Sign DT Poona Ford

Kmart128

29 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

They probably won't be playing Ford & Oliver together. If they do, 3rd & 13 becomes a running down for teams.

Ed Oliver is actually a pretty good run defender but I get what you're saying. But I would welcome any team to run the ball on 3rd and 13 lol. 

The signing is interesting because a popular trade scenario this offseason has been centered around Ed Oliver for Deandre Hopkins with the Bills signing Poona Ford. It would have a net 0 effect on the salary cap but with the draft already over I don't see that happening. 

58 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Ed Oliver is actually a pretty good run defender but I get what you're saying. But I would welcome any team to run the ball on 3rd and 13 lol. 

The signing is interesting because a popular trade scenario this offseason has been centered around Ed Oliver for Deandre Hopkins with the Bills signing Poona Ford. It would have a net 0 effect on the salary cap but with the draft already over I don't see that happening. 

Al Woods was a pretty good run defender, too, but having Poona on the field made any situation a free 10+ yard run play.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Al Woods was a pretty good run defender, too, but having Poona on the field made any situation a free 10+ yard run play.

Yeah everything I'm reading is that the Seahawks switched to a 3-4 last year (from a 4-3) and Ford struggled in the 3-4. PFF had him pretty highly rated when playing in a 4-3 base D the last 3 years prior so we'll see. 

Edited by The BILLievers
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Yeah everything I'm reading is that the Seahawks switched to a 3-4 last year (from a 4-3) and Ford struggled in the 3-4. PFF had him pretty highly rated when playing in a 4-3 base D the last 3 years prior so we'll see. 

At minimum he should add some good depth to Daquan Jones, Oliver and Phillips 

Why did Seattle get rid of him?  I guess they must have high expectations for Cameron Young on the DL.  Jarran Reed coming back will help, he is a solid play and Mike Morris could be a stud 3/4 DE with how good of an athlete he is for being such a huge dude, could even play edge if need be.  

Bringing back Wagner at ILB that is going to be a very solid D, but Poona was a good pickup for Buffalo no question.