Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

Just now, Packerraymond said:

What Rodgers said is no different than an opening monologue for a evening show. There's nothing direct or being used as a statement of fact in what he said. Aaron didn't get himself into anything, what he said was a clever response to what Kimmel mocked him for prior. 

Omg

I don't know how many different ways to say this. You can't grasp it. 

"It's no different"

My god.

YES IT IS DIFFERENT.

One is based on truth. One is not.

Just now, incognito_man said:

If that was his intent, he doesn't appear very intelligent. 

Acting on pettiness is a detractor of intelligence in the moment yes. Rage, jealousy all of those raw emotions will detract from you thinking clearly. Luckily what he said can't get him in any trouble. 

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

1. You take things Jimmy Kimmel says at face value, I don't so this may or may not have happened. 

2. Jimmy Kimmel has said plenty of nasty things about people who he doesn't agree with that may have had similar consequences. I do believe that is called Karma! 

And you know what, if those things happened to Kimmel and people he's trashed, sometimes wrongly. they are both wrong for doing it. 

What did Jimmy Kimmel say about Rodgers that was false?

Just now, incognito_man said:

Again.

Jimmy Kimmel makes jokes about TRUE things. He has to. He and his network(s) would be sued if he didn't. He has a team of fact checkers to avoid exactly what Aaron got himself into.

Why can't you get this this ocean sized distinction? It's literally the most important part of this...

Jimmy Kimmel says things about people that he's legally allowed to say which causes folks a ton of agony and grief. Often times, he's not accurate but knows he's in a, 'protected class,' a Hollywood A Lister. He absolutely walks that fine line like Rodgers did. 

He's dirtbag and I make no distinction between him and what he's said about Rodgers and what Rodgers said about him. 

Both wrong, and it was *** for tat. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Omg

I don't know how many different ways to say this. You can't grasp it. 

"It's no different"

My god.

YES IT IS DIFFERENT.

One is based on truth. One is not.

So Aaron Rodgers is a CTE-having tinfoil hat wearer? I know you'll say yes, but he's clearly not. 

• Like 1

Just now, Old Guy said:

Jimmy Kimmel says things about people that he's legally allowed to say which causes folks a ton of agony and grief. Often times, he's not accurate but knows he's in a, 'protected class,' a Hollywood A Lister. He absolutely walks that fine line like Rodgers did. 

He's dirtbag and I make no distinction between him and what he's said about Rodgers and what Rodgers said about him. 

Both wrong, and it was *** for tat. 

You are just making up stupid random **** like every other rightwinger.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

we at least have to be somewhat reasonable as onlookers and admit none of us know for sure what Rodgers was implying...just like none of us really know whether Kimmel wants/doesn't want the list to be released

Every reasonable onlooker understands what he was implying and what would happen because he said it. Reasonable onlookers can also see that Kimmel makes fun of people on the "list" and can reasonably conclude he doesn't give a crap about it except using it as material for his job.

Just now, Old Guy said:

What did Aaron Rodgers say about Jimmy Kimmel that is false? 

He said that Kimmel didn't want the list released, which is the entire point of everything we've been arguing about. Can you follow along?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Acting on pettiness is a detractor of intelligence in the moment yes. Rage, jealousy all of those raw emotions will detract from you thinking clearly. Luckily what he said can't get him in any trouble. 

That's not lucky. It's unfortunate he won't get in trouble for his serious lack of judgment.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Kimmel opened up that door for mocking him on the subject in the first place. Sorry I don't feel bad for him. 

I'll reiterate, how did he mock him on that subject? I'm guessing you'll never answer this since it didn't happen.

Edited by ayt

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Right, but at that point, we at least have to be somewhat reasonable as onlookers and admit none of us know for sure what Rodgers was implying...just like none of us really know whether Kimmel wants/doesn't want the list to be released. It's all speculation beyond whatever inferences people want to come up with, and at that point, those inferences (and resulting conclusions) are almost always going to be tainted with some kind of internal bias. 

More than anything...it was a completely idiotic and stupid thing for Rodgers to bring up, especially on a "sports" show. Substance aside, what I took most from this was Rodgers being the attention-seeking guy that he is. 

I’ll take you at your word that you’re a lawyer. I’m not arguing that it was illegal . It’s just incredibly wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Kimmel opened up that door for mocking him on the subject in the first place. Sorry I don't feel bad for him. 

Accusations/insinuations like that can ruin people’s lives , even get people killed.  Not really an appropriate response for a joke that hurt his feelings 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

So Aaron Rodgers is a CTE-having tinfoil hat wearer? I know you'll say yes, but he's clearly not. 

For suggesting aliens were in the news to be a distraction? Yeah that's pretty deserving of a tinfoil hat. Suggesting it's because of CTE is definitely crass and low brow but the basis was earned.

• Like 2