Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

51 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

He’s a guy I never understood the love. 

I just don’t trust Jey to be able to run with the ball after this feud. 

He's been running with the ball for about 3 years now.  He's held up his end of the bargain.

He went from one of the Uso's to Main Event Jey Uso!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

You know that **** is fake do you not? 

It isn't fake.  It is scripted. 

Guys still have to perform.  They still have to get "over" with fans as heels or babyfaces.  There are storylines.  

It is fun watching these amazing athletes wrestle a match.  They have to take care of each other.  It's called "going into business" with your opponent.  Wins and losses do not matter.  The storytelling in the match matters.  

And that is what being a good wrestler means.  Being a good business partner and telling the story.

The "Bloodline" story is the BEST story told by a wrestling company in a very, very long time.

I find it fun and facinating.

If you don't?  Fine by me.  It isn't for everyone.  But it is for me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

It isn't fake.  It is scripted. 

Guys still have to perform.  They still have to get "over" with fans as heels or babyfaces.  There are storylines.  

It is fun watching these amazing athletes wrestle a match.  They have to take care of each other.  It's called "going into business" with your opponent.  Wins and losses do not matter.  The storytelling in the match matters.  

And that is what being a good wrestler means.  Being a good business partner and telling the story.

The "Bloodline" story is the BEST story told by a wrestling company in a very, very long time.

I find it fun and facinating.

If you don't?  Fine by me.  It isn't for everyone.  But it is for me.

So, a long explanation to say it's fake. 

Full disclosure, I actually attended Wrestle Mania III. Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant was the main event. By 1990 I was done with it though. I know it is still very popular though. 

26 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

So, a long explanation to say it's fake. 

Full disclosure, I actually attended Wrestle Mania III. Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant was the main event. By 1990 I was done with it though. I know it is still very popular though. 

Scripted is not fake.  

Moves are moves, they are not fake.  But the ending, yes, scripted.  Pre-Determined.

It's how you get there that counts.

Which brings me to the match you saw.  Hogan vs. Andre.  

Andre was hurting at the time.  Bad back, couldn't move.  And Andre was not in a good mood around the event.  Hogan wrote down the match and gave it to Andre.  Andre didn't look at it.  Hogan knew that if Andre didn't want to lose, Hogan had no chance.  Andre did what Andre wanted to do.

So the match starts.  Main Event.  And to Hogan's surprise, Andre follows the first three moves, so Hogan knows that Andre has studied the match.

And if you watch that match?  When Hogan goes on offense, he did it in the corners, where Andre could lean against the ropes for support.  Hogan helped him through that entire match.

In the end, Hogan said that Andre comes at him hard and yells out "Slam!!!".  Which probably sounded more like SWASM!"  Andre jumped a bit, but Hogan still had to get him up and put him down.  Which he did and it wrecked his back.  But the spot worked.  Hogan dropped the leg for the W.

And that match was about a decade into the making of those two working with each other.  Andre didn't like Hulk when he was young.  But he worked with him.  Gave him plenty of receipts until Hulk learned how to wrestle a match with Andre correctly.

Hulk earned the respect and Andre put him over.

That isn't fake.  That is storytelling.  That's also why it is called and filed under entertainment.

21 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Scripted is not fake.  

Moves are moves, they are not fake.  But the ending, yes, scripted.  Pre-Determined.

Andre was hurting at the time.  Bad back, couldn't move.  And Andre was not in a good mood around the event.  Hogan wrote down the match and gave it to Andre.  Andre didn't look at it.  Hogan knew that if Andre didn't want to lose, Hogan had no chance.  Andre did what Andre wanted to do.

So the match starts.  Main Event.  And to Hogan's surprise, Andre follows the first three moves, so Hogan knows that Andre has studied the match.

And if you watch that match?  When Hogan goes on offense, he did it in the corners, where Andre could lean against the ropes for support.  Hogan helped him through that entire match.

In the end, Hogan said that Andre comes at him hard and yells out "Slam!!!".  Which probably sounded more like SWASM!"  Andre jumped a bit, but Hogan still had to get him up and put him down.  Which he did and it wrecked his back.  But the spot worked.  Hogan dropped the leg for the W.

And that match was about a decade into the making of those two working with each other.  Andre didn't like Hulk when he was young.  But he worked with him.  Gave him plenty of receipts until Hulk learned how to wrestle a match with Andre correctly.

That isn't fake.  That is storytelling.  That's also why it is called and filed under entertainment.

Is the winner predetermined? Yes! Does that deceive kids who may be watching? Yes

When they are getting ***** slapped and pretending like it is a massive blow that rocks them back is that real or fake? FAKE! 

When they are 'jumping' on a guy from the top row is the impact full force? No, it's fake! 

Therefore, survey says, FAKE! 

Edited by Old Guy

Wrestling is fake?!?!  Oh my god, you don't say!  Thank god you've enlightened me!

This comment and people that use it are the worst.  Everyone knows its fake/scripted.  No **** Sherlock.  We are enjoying a show.  Its entertainment.  Why is that such a problem for some people.  Go enjoy what you enjoy and piss off.

Hate to break it to you, but Star Wars is fake.  I know, I know, how will you ever be able to watch it again...

Predictions:  Cody beats Roman next WM.  But it should be Jey, best story.  Hell it should have been Sami.

Edited by Spidey

11 minutes ago, Norm said:

ITS STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next thing you know someone will be trying to tell us that Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy are fake. They're all lying bastards I tell ya. Just hating, lying bastards all of them.

Got to go feed my unicorns now. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Scripted is not fake.  

Did you watch that doc on Andre? Great stuff. 

My interest in wrestling is pretty nil these days but there are some great stories from way back when. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

Wrestling is fake?!?!  Oh my god, you don't say!  Thank god you've enlightened me!

This comment and people that use it are the worst.  Everyone knows its fake/scripted.  No **** Sherlock.  We are enjoying a show.  Its entertainment.  Why is that such a problem for some people.  Go enjoy what you enjoy and piss off.

My true heartbreaking disappointment with wrestling came when I found out The Russian Bear, Ivan Koloff, was from Quebec. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2023 at 1:45 PM, Mr Bad Example said:

Did you watch that doc on Andre? Great stuff. 

My interest in wrestling is pretty nil these days but there are some great stories from way back when. 

Even if you don't enjoy wrestling, old school wrestling documentaries like Dark Side of the Ring and such are awesome.  The profession was such a carny **** show and riddled with drugs and hits and the mob.  Its wild.  Its like watching a train wreck.  Hard to look away from.

I watched the one about Doink the Clown this past weekend on a whim.  Good times.

Edited by Spidey
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2023 at 1:46 PM, Mr Bad Example said:

My true heartbreaking disappointment with wrestling came when I found out The Russian Bear, Ivan Koloff, was from Quebec. 

I've had a number of these moments.  Yokozuna and The Sultan both being Samoans from the Anoai (The Rock's family).  Learning the Sultan was Rikishi years later blew my adolescent mind.  Muhammad Hassan being an Italian from Syracuse (that one was short lived at least).

On 7/3/2023 at 11:16 AM, Old Guy said:

Is the winner predetermined? Yes! Does that deceive kids who may be watching? Yes

When they are getting ***** slapped and pretending like it is a massive blow that rocks them back is that real or fake? FAKE! 

When they are 'jumping' on a guy from the top row is the impact full force? No, it's fake! 

Therefore, survey says, FAKE! 

You are entitled to your opinion.  It's wrong, but that's nothing too new for you.

Have you ever seen a chest well up after a chop?  Not fake.

Have you ever seen a suplex, stage dive or any move at all?  Not fake.

It takes years for these athletes to be able to work with each other so that they do not kill one another in the ring.  

Is it a show?  Absolutely.  But let's not take away the artistry that it is.

330 pounds jumping down onto an opponent so hard that the whole ring shakes.  It takes timing to make sure that move doesn't break ribs.  And a nice springy ring.  

Again, I get that it isn't your thing.   

Bronson Reed Tsunami GIF - Bronson Reed Tsunami Wwe GIFs