Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

No surprise here .. Aaron will get to run the show with Hackett in charge.  Hopefully he can repeat his 2022 season again, and the Jets wind up 8-9, or worse.  Got to figure they will win 10-12 though.  It's a pretty good team. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/06/22/nathaniel-hackett-jets-will-give-aaron-rodgers-freedom-to-run-the-offense/#comments

Edited by {Family Ghost}

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

No surprise here .. Aaron will get to run the show with Hackett in charge.  Hopefully he can repeat his 2022 season again, and the Jets wind up 8-9, or worse.  Got to figure they will win 10-12 though.  It's a pretty good team. 

The schedule is pretty mediocre, too....not as soft as GB's but aside from the AFC East, they face the AFC West (sure, KC is a world beater, but you never know what you're going to get with SD and LV, and we'll see if Payton's magic holds with Russ in Den), NFC East (Phi is fantastic, not sold on any of the other 3 teams), Houston, Cleveland, and Atlanta. 

I'd definitely say they lose at least one to Buf and Mia, and tattoo losses to KC and Phi in there, but the rest of the games are VERY winnable. 

2 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

The schedule is pretty mediocre, too....not as soft as GB's but aside from the AFC East, they face the AFC West (sure, KC is a world beater, but you never know what you're going to get with SD and LV, and we'll see if Payton's magic holds with Russ in Den), NFC East (Phi is fantastic, not sold on any of the other 3 teams), Houston, Cleveland, and Atlanta. 

I'd definitely say they lose at least one to Buf and Mia, and tattoo losses to KC and Phi in there, but the rest of the games are VERY winnable. 

Pretty mediocre schedule? I think they’ll be a good team but their schedule could be anywhere from middle of the road to wildly tough. Even the “gimme” games have challenging aspects

week 9 Monday night vs Chargers then week 10 Sunday night @Las Vegas 

after their Black Friday game they have basically a second bye week 10 days between games and when they play again they have Atlanta and Houston, and Rodgers has had some real post bye duds….

A lot of negativity around here, after our QB for so many years is gone. Is it an American trait to trash a guy after he has gone to another team in the twilight of his career ?  Maybe the detractors can look fondly at him after a decade or so has passed. It's not like this guy is Favre mk2. I guess being a sure-fire first ballot hall of famer isn't enough, if it doesn't come with a fistful of SBs.

Don't get me wrong, I don't love the guy. I never was into hero-worship, as we usually don't know much about a star players private and personal life............but all this good riddance stuff seems OTT.  I do appreciate the talent that we have had for many years. Rodgers is not Favre and he is not Sheldon Cooper. Saying he is enjoying a new place after a change is not in the same sphere as giving information to another team in our division to help them beat us, or sending dik pics.

Break-ups are usually painful and this is no exception. Rodgers has his warts, but many high achievers are not the most comfortable people to coexist with. I just appreciate him during his time here........and I mean all of that time, not just the last three or four years.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

5 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

A lot of negativity around here, after our QB for so many years is gone. Is it an American trait to trash a guy after he has gone to another team in the twilight of his career ?  Maybe the detractors can look fondly at him after a decade or so has passed. It's not like this guy is Favre mk2. I guess being a sure-fire first ballot hall of famer isn't enough, if it doesn't come with a fistful of SBs.

Don't get me wrong, I don't love the guy. I never was into hero-worship, as we usually don't know much about a star players private and personal life............but all this good riddance stuff seems OTT.  I do appreciate the talent that we have had for many years. Rodgers is not Favre and he is not Sheldon Cooper. Saying he is enjoying a new place after a change is not in the same sphere as giving information to another team in our division to help them beat us, or sending dik pics.

Break-ups are usually painful and this is no exception. Rodgers has his warts, but many high achievers are not the most comfortable people to coexist with. I just appreciate him during his time here........and I mean all of that time, not just the last three or four years.

Ehhh, if we were all logical and level-headed we'd have probably apathied the Packers to death by now.

7 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I don't know quite how what I said was seen as apathetic.............but nevermind, you do you.

Wasn't intending it to be an insult. Just a reflection about the illogical perspective of sports fanaticism, perfectly demonstrated by the sheer years-long bender we've gone through concerning Rodgers, and how that level of fanaticism is really the only reason such extravagances like sports franchises can exist.

9 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Yah know?  I don't bash Rodgers.  I love what he did for us.  He was a great spokesperson for GB for most of his time here.

But I also totally get where some people are coming from.  The psychodelic stuff, the Darkness Retreat, the weird last GF....etc.  Then there was the attack on the front office.  All his record setting contracts here while complaining about talent leaving GB.  He's an odd dude.  Add that with his propensity for choking in big games, and you get the "good riddance" folks.  Can't argue against that.

But I'll just sit here and be happy because of this....we have an unknown at QB now.  He could be great, we just don't know.  We knew Rodgers.  We knew we'd win regular season games and then blow playoff games, even at home.  He wasn't winning a title here again.

So I'm looking forward to what this new team is going to look like.  But that's just me.  No need to bag on him, but I am excited for change.

It's all good. The more you trash him now that he has left means you loved him that much while he was here. Love and hate different sides of the same coin. This is all part of a healthy end to a great relationship.

Him blanking me in London, I will never forgive. What a total wanker!

to hear people trash a player who basically carried this team most seasons as our starting QB because of some of his personality quirks and disagreements with a FO who actually neglected skill positions on offense is mind boggling, Favre steals from the poor and give to the privileged gets so over looked, besides his ending being just as drama filled or more baffles me.

with improvements the last couple drafts Rodgers could produce 13 wins right here, and will probably do so with the Jets.

It was time to move on, but no reason for fans to hate on him like this.

Why do so many people say he carried this team? He REALLY didn't.

He played 9 games in 2013 regular season. We still made the playoffs with him missing 7 games, and he had a terrible game in the postseason. The roster was still very talented. Matt Flynn had that epic Falcons comeback game.

2011 he didn't carry. Possibly a top 50 skill position roster all time.
2012 he carried.
2013 did not carry.
2014 was a very strong roster.
2015 he carried.
2016 the team underperformed, Rodgers included.
2017  he missed most of. Packers won 3/7 games without him, and then he played terribly when he came back for one game.
2018 he literally got McCarthy fired. Threw 2 interceptions, and to people saying that was good... Lol. He literally threw games away protecting his statistics. He did not come close to carrying that team.
2019 he wasn't even the MVP. Aaron Jones was.