Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

25 minutes ago, MacReady said:

If the Jets lose Williams, their chances of a Super Bowl win drop by 15%.

Win? They aren't going to no Super Bowl with Rodgers at QB. If they were to lose WIlliams they are a borderline playoff team with him. 

18 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

If you were half as smart as you think you are you'd be 10 times as smart as you actually are.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

20 hours ago, MacReady said:

If the Jets lose Williams, their chances of a Super Bowl win drop by 15%.

Let's be generous and say the Jets currently have a 3% to win the Super Bowl. 

A 15% drop from 3% is only a .45% drop. 

Is 2.55% meaningfully different than 3%?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What’s Rodgers count against their cap?

Jokes aside they have a legit shot. That defense won games for them last year with nobody at QB.

On 5/16/2023 at 8:24 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Ah.  So many jokes.  None are appropriate.

14 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

You find there is truth in jest and this article gets it perfectly 

https://www.theonion.com/jets-impressed-by-how-quickly-aaron-rodgers-complaining-1850439569

I'm just astounded still about how blind everyone was while Rodgers was our QB.

You could literally see him lose any drive or determination or will to win in 2018.

I'll never forget this play right here. This was the moment I went from 50% serious with my Rodgers criticisms to 100% serious that I didn't want a single ******* thing to do with him.

just couldn't find the play you did to say what you did, Rodgers played a great game, made some great passes, scrambled for first downs, that loss is on a defense that couldn't get off the field, couldn't tackle or cover, I think your blinded with hate for the QB

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

I'm just astounded still about how blind everyone was while Rodgers was our QB.

You could literally see him lose any drive or determination or will to win in 2018.

I'll never forget this play right here. This was the moment I went from 50% serious with my Rodgers criticisms to 100% serious that I didn't want a single ******* thing to do with him.

I couldn't find the play either....do you have a time stamp you can throw out there?  Because I am curious.

I forget which season it was...could have been 2018.  We were playing the Vikings...Jones ripped a 40+ yard TD (could have been longer) that won the game for us.  Rodgers didn't celebrate.  Just walked to the sidelines.  After that I noticed after every rushing TD, dude never celebrated or looked happy.  He only celebrated TD passes.  And that was when I knew he was in it for stats and we were never winning another SB with him.

Then he confirmed it on the McAfee show this off-season with his whole "I think I can be MVP again...." stuff.  

14 minutes ago, turf toe said:

just couldn't find the play you did to say what you did, Rodgers played a great game, made some great passes, scrambled for first downs, that loss is on a defense that couldn't get off the field, couldn't tackle or cover, I think your blinded with hate for the QB

I think his point was he was great until it mattered and then he folded, that happened a lot in his career. 

The shame of that game was that Fackrell played like Lawrence Taylor that night and they still lost the game. 

That game was a scheduling nightmare for any defense. Thursday night game against a team that is going to pound it all night and traveling across the country on a short week. Was their 3rd game in 11 days with road trips on both coasts involved and a trip to LA to play the Rams the week before that. Defense was in survival mode and just fighting to give the offense a chance. 

I don't know what play it was for you, but for me it was what RT said: late career, when he had to take risks to win, he wouldn't take the risk and would lose. Farva would take risks to win, but when he did, he lost with flair. 

Although the Macready's comment about one play reminded me of Farva in another way: there was one QB run (against the Bears?) where he was going to get hit as he crossed the goal line. He'd get the TD but get absolutely blasted (Urlacher perhaps). Instead, two yards past the line of scrimmage, he made an incomplete and illegal forward pass. That's when I knew 4 was done. 

Rodgers I had hope for until the (most recent) 9ers playoff game. That was the moment I knew it was completely over. Others were ahead of me, but the moment that game was over, the Packers needed to maximize value for 12 and trade him to the highest bidder. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Smidgeon said:

Although the Macready's comment about one play reminded me of Farva in another way: there was one QB run (against the Bears?) where he was going to get hit as he crossed the goal line. He'd get the TD but get absolutely blasted (Urlacher perhaps). Instead, two yards past the line of scrimmage, he made an incomplete and illegal forward pass. That's when I knew 4 was done.

At least in that situation Rodgers would have pump faked the defender out of his shoes and then smiled at him as he walked into the end zone while the dude was still in midair.