Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

6 hours ago, Laces Out said:

So you subscribe to the teacher model of what you casually learned in April/May is somehow kept in the back of your head waiting to be unlocked upon further review come September/October when classes start back up?

And it's somehow equally as important as spending all week in actual practice day in and day out during the actual season. Sitting through those walk throughs, sitting through position meetings, team meetings, lunches, dinners and everything else that goes into the real bread and butter of an NFL season. But hey, Aaron didn't throw to his new guys for a few days in shorts back 4 and a half months ago... that's why they were a split second off on a few routs the following January. Answer me this, can you recall from memory, anything specific not related to your kids or wife's lives, on a moment's notice from 4-5 months ago? 

Gimme a ****ing break. THAT's what we care – as fans – to harp on? THREE decades of first ballot HoF play at the most important position and people are pissed at those two people? Hilarious.

...Not the continual failure of the front office and coaches of this org's inability to improve as a complete team for over a decade now? (looking at you defense & special teams). If it was actually that important, vitally important, a competent GM would write into his QB in questions' contract a workout bonus in the tens of millions of dollars to do all OTA's with his WR's every spring. Since apparently that's why to a certain few games were not won in the winter.

Ya'll should focus your attention elsewhere, just like the vets who've been through it for a number of years have done this time of year. There's a poison in this organizations foundation. It happens to most businesses without outside competition, complacency and old ****s who are out of touch. GB is ripe with both.

On January 3rd an Asian lady in a white Odyssey made a left turn from a stop sign right in front of me and I yelled, “Way to perpetuate stereotypes!”

But this might not be fair to your point since I possess a capacity for eidetic memory that seems to be limited to annoying traffic interactions. (Yeah, I mean you, the white dude with the Afro driving a black Dodge Charger!)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Laces Out said:

So you subscribe to the teacher model of what you casually learned in April/May is somehow kept in the back of your head waiting to be unlocked upon further review come September/October when classes start back up?

And it's somehow equally as important as spending all week in actual practice day in and day out during the actual season. Sitting through those walk throughs, sitting through position meetings, team meetings, lunches, dinners and everything else that goes into the real bread and butter of an NFL season. But hey, Aaron didn't throw to his new guys for a few days in shorts back 4 and a half months ago... that's why they were a split second off on a few routs the following January. Answer me this, can you recall from memory, anything specific not related to your kids or wife's lives, on a moment's notice from 4-5 months ago? 

Gimme a ****ing break. THAT's what we care – as fans – to harp on? THREE decades of first ballot HoF play at the most important position and people are pissed at those two people? Hilarious.

...Not the continual failure of the front office and coaches of this org's inability to improve as a complete team for over a decade now? (looking at you defense & special teams). If it was actually that important, vitally important, a competent GM would write into his QB in questions' contract a workout bonus in the tens of millions of dollars to do all OTA's with his WR's every spring. Since apparently that's why to a certain few games were not won in the winter.

Ya'll should focus your attention elsewhere, just like the vets who've been through it for a number of years have done this time of year. There's a poison in this organizations foundation. It happens to most businesses without outside competition, complacency and old ****s who are out of touch. GB is ripe with both.

Starting a post with the word "So" basically translates to "Prepare yourself, I have created an absolutely wild strawman."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

While I absolutely understand the bolded sentiment, I'm ok with the Jets doing well with Rodgers and the Packers getting a later first round pick. I don't wish for them to lose. I'm just in the mindset of "What will be, will be" and will enjoy whatever pick we get next draft. I will follow how the Jets do in a casual manner though, just like I will glance at how the Raiders do this season, with Adams.

Yeah, I want Rodgers to play 66% of the snaps and the Jets to lose as often as possible. I do think they will have to win five games in the first 12 for Rodgers to be left in at QB though. What they do in 2024, I could care less. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Yeah, I want Rodgers to play 66% of the snaps and the Jets to lose as often as possible. I do think they will have to win five games in the first 12 for Rodgers to be left in at QB though. What they do in 2024, I could care less. 

"Safety in Numbers when you learn to divide. How can you be in, when there's no-one outside". Peter Gabriel (Not One of Us)

13 hours ago, Laces Out said:

Tldr

1 hour ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Tldr

It's actually pretty funny. 

Basically boils down to "What, you guys just remember things???" and "Don't be an idiot, repetitions matter a ton . . . but only if they occur after this date on the calendar."

15 hours ago, Laces Out said:

Condescending Wonka GIF

18 hours ago, Laces Out said:

It's an Optional Forum Activity to read this post.

• Like 10

On 5/14/2023 at 12:44 AM, Laces Out said:

If you were half as smart as you think you are you'd be 10 times as smart as you actually are.

• Like 4