Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

1 hour ago, turf toe said:

Mahomes didn't make do with less, he still had 3 skill position players the Eagles had to contend with, and a great defense, and we havn't for eons, and KC has had that for half a decade, while we are the worst in the league stopping the run, never had a top 10 defense and one quality receiver, and RB and a bunch of mid round raw 3 years to develop jag receivers.

No one else wanted Ju-Ju.  MVS was an afterthought.  Their rookie played like a rookie.  Hardman is meh at best.

He had Kelce.

Rodgers had all those weapons throughout the years at WR.

At RB, Mahomes has never had a Prime Lacy let alone Aaron Jones.

Then we drafted our aged QB with limited mobility another RB in Dillon.  All so he could run the offense from under center and get easy throws.

And?  He went into the gun instead, tried extending plays without having the legs underneath him to do so.

And still had Adams, MVS, a healthy Tonyan and Aaron Jones.

Rodgers had plenty to work with.  Last year he didn't, I wonder why??  

But I get it, you loved yourself some Rodgers.  So did I.  Most talented QB I can remember seeing...though Mahomes may even be better, now.  

2 hours ago, turf toe said:

Mahomes didn't make do with less, he still had 3 skill position players the Eagles had to contend with, and a great defense, and we havn't for eons, and KC has had that for half a decade, while we are the worst in the league stopping the run, never had a top 10 defense and one quality receiver, and RB and a bunch of mid round raw 3 years to develop jag receivers.

Chiefs gave up 21.7 points per game. 12th in total yardage given up, 5579.

Packers gave up 21.8 points per game. 16th in total yardage given up, 5721. 

Explain to me how they had a such a great defense again? 

In 2021 the Chiefs were 27th in yards given up on defense. Do you just make **** up and post it and hope nobody calls you out for it? 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

No one else wanted Ju-Ju.  MVS was an afterthought.  Their rookie played like a rookie.  Hardman is meh at best.

He had Kelce.

Rodgers had all those weapons throughout the years at WR.

At RB, Mahomes has never had a Prime Lacy let alone Aaron Jones.

Then we drafted our aged QB with limited mobility another RB in Dillon.  All so he could run the offense from under center and get easy throws.

And?  He went into the gun instead, tried extending plays without having the legs underneath him to do so.

And still had Adams, MVS, a healthy Tonyan and Aaron Jones.

Rodgers had plenty to work with.  Last year he didn't, I wonder why??  

But I get it, you loved yourself some Rodgers.  So did I.  Most talented QB I can remember seeing...though Mahomes may even be better, now.  

Mahomes has had 3 skill position players every season for the last 5 or 6 years or since he was drafted, even though a player here or there wasn't a stellar #2, DC had to scheme to stop them do to reputation, half the time teams didn't even bother with over the top support for MVS because it was 50/50 that he wouldn't even catch a perfect pass, and Lafleur schemed Tonyan open, once defenses caught on to his routes that abruptly ended, the only players DC had to burn the mid night oil to deal with for us these last 5 or 6 years are Adams and Jones, the rest where easily defended with one DB, heck a TE like Kelce demands doubles on every play, same with Hill, even Shuster when healthy, or Sky Moore, both have the skills to burn ya bad without very good coverage.

I support Rodgers not so much because I like him personally, but we asked him in later years to do the impossible, carry a team with very minimal skill set talent, and people over look the actual reasons why we lost and just blame him

35 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

In 2021 the Chiefs were 27th in yards given up on defense. Do you just make **** up and post it and hope nobody calls you out for it? 

35 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

no, just go look at points for and against, other then 2020 they did much better, points is what matters.

look at years we did well and years we didn't have better point differentials 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/index.htm

Edited by turf toe

34 minutes ago, turf toe said:

Mahomes has had 3 skill position players every season for the last 5 or 6 years or since he was drafted, even though a player here or there wasn't a stellar #2, DC had to scheme to stop them do to reputation, half the time teams didn't even bother with over the top support for MVS because it was 50/50 that he wouldn't even catch a perfect pass, and Lafleur schemed Tonyan open, once defenses caught on to his routes that abruptly ended, the only players DC had to burn the mid night oil to deal with for us these last 5 or 6 years are Adams and Jones, the rest where easily defended with one DB, heck a TE like Kelce demands doubles on every play, same with Hill, even Shuster when healthy, or Sky Moore, both have the skills to burn ya bad without very good coverage.

I support Rodgers not so much because I like him personally, but we asked him in later years to do the impossible, carry a team with very minimal skill set talent, and people over look the actual reasons why we lost and just blame him

Your like for him personally has clouded your view of him.  And that is fine.  You can't have the bad without the good, nor the good without the bad.

But for all the good that he did, and there was PLENTY, in the end, it was his failures that cost us playoff games.

I'm not saying the front office doesn't share blame.  Or the defense....etc.

But when you pay someone that much, so many times, he needs to do more with less.

As Mahomes did last year.

If you want to nitpick, Mahomes has never had a RB to rely on.  He's had Kelce and Hill for his career.  He had an aged Watkins.  A Ju-Ju that no one else wanted.  And MVS, whatever that really is.  And yet Patrick gets it done.  BTW...Sky Moore was a rookie and played like a rookie.  

And let's talk offensive lines.  For the lions share of his career, the Packers put a great line in front of Rodgers.  

This last season was the first time I can say we had minimal skill players for him to use.  And that was because Adams chose to NOT play with Rodgers.  

Pre-injury, Bobby T was looking the part of a legit tight end.  Moreso than the corpse of Jimmy Graham that Rodgers lobbied to get here, then never threw him the ball.

This non-sense that Rodgers didn't have talent needs to stop.  He didn't have established talent this past season.  Prior to that, he had plenty to get it done.

Like at home against the 49ers when he couldn't muster any more than 10 points, at home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

You, me, the numbers, we all know that their defense isn't very good.  We all know that ours wasn't either.

But theirs comes up big in big moments.  Spags is going to be Spags.

11 hours ago, turf toe said:

and there is the same type of film showing other great QB's not seeing open receivers to, and in PO games as well.

the best way to stop a QB from developing tunnel vision with one very good receiver is to add another very good receiver.

when a QB avoids looking at another receivers it has to do with trust of that receiver.

look at Rodgers history, he spreads the ball around a lot when he has a room of quality talent.

Or . . . What if we just expected our $45M/year QB to play beyond the level of a JV kid and read past his first option? 

+

A QB refusing to throw to an open NFL receiver is ridiculous. Every single player in the NFL is absurdly talented, talented enough that there should be a standard level of trust when it comes to completing basic, unimpeded tasks. 

At no other position would "a lack of trust in teammates" be a viable excuse. If Bakhtiari kept getting beat on stunts because he didn't trust Jenkins to open up and pick up the inside man such that DTs kept getting sacks, we wouldn't blame Jenkins. If any of the receivers pulled up and didn't finish a vertical route leading to an "overthrow" we wouldn't accept him saying "I don't trust that old man Rodgers still has the arm to throw that deep". 

A lack of trust has always been a RIDICULOUS excuse, especially when he didn't show up at OTAs to start building that trust, because he wanted to go to Peru to go get high off his *** on magic mushrooms. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Or . . . What if we just expected our $45M/year QB to play beyond the level of a JV kid and read past his first option? 

+

A QB refusing to throw to an open NFL receiver is ridiculous. Every single player in the NFL is absurdly talented, talented enough that there should be a standard level of trust when it comes to completing basic, unimpeded tasks. 

At no other position would "a lack of trust in teammates" be a viable excuse. If Bakhtiari kept getting beat on stunts because he didn't trust Jenkins to open up and pick up the inside man such that DTs kept getting sacks, we wouldn't blame Jenkins. If any of the receivers pulled up and didn't finish a vertical route leading to an "overthrow" we wouldn't accept him saying "I don't trust that old man Rodgers still has the arm to throw that deep". 

A lack of trust has always been a RIDICULOUS excuse, especially when he didn't show up at OTAs to start building that trust, because he wanted to go to Peru to go get high off his *** on magic mushrooms. 

whats ridiculous is thinking it doesn't happen, as to Lazard being open in that PO game Rodgers let go of the ball before Lazard even broke inside, now you can blame Rodgers for not sliding to his right and bidding more time, but obviously the #1 read was Adams on that play, Lafleur draws up the plays, and as he said Adams is the #1 read on 85% of the pass plays, but I don't hear you blaming him.

Booo Ho, that dang Rodgers was so upset with FO he wouldn't come to OTA's when the GM finally brought in receiver talent, Finally is the key word in that sentence.

24 minutes ago, turf toe said:

whats ridiculous is thinking it doesn't happen, as to Lazard being open in that PO game Rodgers let go of the ball before Lazard even broke inside, now you can blame Rodgers for not sliding to his right and bidding more time, but obviously the #1 read was Adams on that play, Lafleur draws up the plays, and as he said Adams is the #1 read on 85% of the pass plays, but I don't hear you blaming him.

Booo Ho, that dang Rodgers was so upset with FO he wouldn't come to OTA's when the GM finally brought in receiver talent, Finally is the key word in that sentence.

Ridiculous to think that a reigning MVP would see the double coverage and know that his short crosser would be wide open.

It isn't a difficult read, at all.  That is a natural progression, deep to shallow.

It is a fundamental read.  One QB's make all the time.

The tougher read was ESB on the other side.  Much tougher.  It would be easy to determine single coverage, but not as easy to see.

And that was a microcosm of Rodgers in that entire game.  Locked into Adams and Jones.  You expect more out of your paid and reigning MVP than that.

And this narrative that he didn't have offensive skill talent is utterly absurd.

Until last year.  So we drafted it for him and he decided to pursue psychedelics instead of coming to OTA's.

And if he did have a perceived lack of skill talent in the past, he more than made up for it with an upper tier offensive line.

• Like 2

I'm rooting for Rodgers to fail so hard that he won't finish the season as the starter, instead the Jets would trade for Cooper Rush in order to turn things around.

3 hours ago, turf toe said:

Well, since his eyes never left Adams from the time the ball was snapped, it's obvious where he was going. 

You need to stop while you are way behind on this one. Your blind defense of Rodgers is shameless. Also, you seem to be new around here and @StatKingand his other screen name seems to have disappeared. Coincidence? I think not. 

30 minutes ago, pf9 said:

I'm rooting for Rodgers to fail so hard that he won't finish the season as the starter, instead the Jets would trade for Cooper Rush in order to turn things around.

Slow your roll here a minute. He needs to play enough for us to get that FRP. Otherwise, I enjoy the sentiment with one caveat. I'd rather they trade for Mitch Trubisky to replace him.