Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

I mean, the fundamental nature of Rodgers is that he's not interested in reaching out to other people to expand his circle.  If you work your *** off, you can convince him to let you in, but he's not going to go to the mountain so you have to bring it to him.

At the same time though "only negative reinforcement" is also Bill Belichick's leadership style, so it's not like this can't work.  Good chance some of the younger Jets players think he's weird though.

2 hours ago, StatKing said:

It still sucks seeing him in that Jets gear. He should have retired a Packer.

After leaving the Packers he does something for the Jets, pay cut, he never did for the Packers. He was a cancer for the past 3-4 years. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

After leaving the Packers he does something for the Jets, pay cut, he never did for the Packers. He was a cancer for the past 3-4 years. 

Are you sure it wasn't another one of those "I got you by the [BLEEP]s" kick-the-can-down-the-road restructures?

8 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Show me on the doll where Rodgers touched you. You guys act like he's Henry Ruggs. He got paid a lot of money, big deal. Football is a business.

2 hours ago, StatKing said:

Show me on the doll where Rodgers touched you. You guys act like he's Henry Ruggs. He got paid a lot of money, big deal. Football is a business.

I agree.  Football is a business.

The real it becomes a bigger deal with Rodgers, speaking just for me, is when he takes those record setting GB contracts, then gives an interview ripping the front office for having to walk away from overpriced veteran players.

Then he gets traded and re-works his deal, to keep/add more talent to the Jets roster?

You gotta admit, that's cold blooded.  If you are a Packer fan.

It can also be this...Rodgers has learned a little something from his past "mistakes" concerning his contract and what that means to the roster.  And I don't know the nature of that re-structure, it could very well be that the dead money becomes pretty crippling when he's retired.

You know this as well as anyone, when talking about Rodgers, he's a complicated fella.  All the way around.

I know it's preseason, and I know I'm being petty but isn't it nice having a team where the QB ain't getting mad and losing his cool with his teammates??? It just feels like a lighter mood. And then we have Clifford who throws a couple of picks and goes 'f' it', I'm going out and ball anyway. It's just an intangible, different energy. That's what I loved about Favre and I missed that these years, that swagger. Rodgers, a bad throw, a fumble an interception and mentally he would go to pieces. For Rodgers to win he needed to play perfect and often he did but that's why he never was great in the postseason as it is so hard to play perfect ball. Anyway just had to say that.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

I know it's preseason, and I know I'm being petty but isn't it nice having a team where the QB ain't getting mad and losing his cool with his teammates??? It just feels like a lighter mood. And then we have Clifford who throws a couple of picks and goes 'f' it', I'm going out and ball anyway. It's just an intangible, different energy. That's what I loved about Favre and I missed that these years, that swagger. Rodgers, a bad throw, a fumble an interception and mentally he would go to pieces. For Rodgers to win he needed to play perfect and often he did but that's why he never was great in the postseason as it is so hard to play perfect ball. Anyway just had to say that.

I agree with every word. A while back I posited that MLF might indeed be a very good coach if the brand of football was noticeably different without Rodgers in a nine or ten win season good way. Not exactly a hot take, but MLF’s hot start was probably more on Aaron than it was on him.

I think it looks and it feels like the offense we hoped for when we hired Matt. For a pre-season game, there was such a nice feel to the offensive flow at times. I get the feeling that MLF was under great pressure to make nice with Aaron and make galling concessions to him that paid off until last year, when 12’s injuries and unhappiness finally took its toll. Now it is wholly his offense. Imagine how happy he must feel to go into the quarterback room and know that the young men are willing and bought in before he even says a word. No longer do feedback and proposals get met with regal obstinance from a Hall of Famer who had legitimately earned the right to overrule his own coach.

It’s a whole new world for Matt LeFleuer, and the positive energy is flowing. 

• Like 2

On 8/13/2023 at 1:59 AM, Brit Pack said:

The locker room and practice field has to feel a whole lot better this year than it did the last couple of years with Rodgers.

Rodgers cannot relate to these young players.  And it showed.  It must have been like having a strict Dad with them 24/7.

That team on the field the other night looked large, fast and loose.  Just so much different than in the past.

• Like 1