2023 Rookie Minicamp / OTAs / Training Camp

Leader

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

This is my nightmare scenario Week 1 against the Bears except we are down 1 at the time. After the game, when LaFleur is asked about Carlson, he responds with "it takes all 11." 

LaFleur isn't going to throw a player under the bus to the press.  That would be counterproductive.  

1 hour ago, craig said:

Thanks!  That makes sense.  Glad it's intentional and reasoned, rather than a reflection of arm strength. 

Dumb thought, but I think Brees and Brady were sometimes good at being both accurate but also throwing it with enough air that guys could adjust.  Sometimes Rodgers and Favre threw such rockets that guys didn't have time.  Not just deep throws.  Sometimes guys had to work so hard to just catch imperfect-but-catchable throws that adjusting their feet and catching in stride for YAC was hard.  

I think Rodgers improved on some of that in recent years.  Got a lot better on screen passes, for example, that were softer-and-more-catchable than back in the Starks era. 

He sucked last year, but Russell Wilson in Seattle is the first guy who comes to mind for me. Throw it up there and let your guy go get it. I wonder if it's being emphasized this year because we have so much more speed at WR and TE.

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

This is my nightmare scenario Week 1 against the Bears except we are down 1 at the time. After the game, when LaFleur is asked about Carlson, he responds with "it takes all 11." 

You're nightmare scenario is our kicker week 1? I'm too concerned with Love week 1 to care that much about him. If Love looks good and the defense improved Gb would smoke Chicago.

36 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Me if Carringron works out as a 7th round CB steal .

giphy.gif

Me if Carrington and Anthony Johnson Jr work out

as 7th round SODs

DeterminedGiantAfricanhornbill-size_rest

I just read some of Carrington's scouting reports.  Seems like some had him in the top 75-90 of the draft.  Anyone know why he dropped so far?

Cuz he's looking like the steal of our draft class right now.

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I just read some of Carrington's scouting reports.  Seems like some had him in the top 75-90 of the draft.  Anyone know why he dropped so far?

Cuz he's looking like the steal of our draft class right now.

I read some reports he was a press corner who was a liability in zone. Also that he had a tendency to bite on double moves. https://www.nfl.com/prospects/carrington-valentine/32005641-4c32-6982-299a-6d8af31b45ab

Edited by Brat&Beer

4 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

I read some reports he was a press corner who was a liability in zone. Also that he had a tendency to bite on double moves. 

If there is one thing we know Joe Barry can do, is coach the aggression out of him.

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

If there is one thing we know Joe Barry can do, is coach the aggression out of him.

I'm starting to think there were issues between Barry and Jerry Gray that affected what happened on the football field. There seems to be no lack of aggression by the secondary with Greg Williams at PGC. 

• Like 1