Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

not sure what to think of this team. theres so many question marks. Im usually optimistic but im taking a wait and see approach. Id feel a lot better if we had a healthy starting QB and our All Pro RB. Something tells me the JG and JJ situations are going to blow up in our faces. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Geezy said:

not sure what to think of this team. theres so many question marks. Im usually optimistic but im taking a wait and see approach. Id feel a lot better if we had a healthy starting QB and our All Pro RB. Something tells me the JG and JJ situations are going to blow up in our faces. 

I'm typically optimistic about our potential chances as well.  This offseason has been a completely different feel for me.  The good news is, I can't be disappointed by this season because my expectations are so low.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, true2form said:

I'm typically optimistic about our potential chances as well.  This offseason has been a completely different feel for me.  The good news is, I can't be disappointed by this season because my expectations are so low.

This is a 4ish win team which is exactly what I have been saying for months.  We have a HC who has proven his ceiling is an O coordinator who's success was hitched to riding the coat tails of BB and Brady. Outside of BB and Brady he has proven to be a massive failure. 

We have an injury prone, below average QB who's teams have won in spite of his below average ability which has been masked by playing with stellar D's every year of his career and a great KS scheme the last few years, surrounded by an all star supporting cast.  We have no running game without JJ, a below average Oline and a bottom 3 D.  If JJ holds out into the regular season and this team starts out as poorly as I predict, it's only a matter of time before Adams becomes unhappy and once that happens the wheels will fall off.   

The JM failed experiment is most likely about to end which should be a blessing for Raider fans. After 20+ years of being the worst ran organization in the NFL I hope we can land a young, stud QB and a HC who can lead this franchise for the next decade plus.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

This is a 4ish win team which is exactly what I have been saying for months.  We have a HC who has proven his ceiling is an O coordinator who's success was hitched to riding the coat tails of BB and Brady. Outside of BB and Brady he has proven to be a massive failure. 

We have an injury prone, below average QB who's teams have won in spite of his below average ability which has been masked by playing with stellar D's every year of his career and a great KS scheme the last few years, surrounded by an all star supporting cast.  We have no running game without JJ, a below average Oline and a bottom 3 D.  If JJ holds out into the regular season and this team starts out as poorly as I predict, it's only a matter of time before Adams becomes unhappy and once that happens the wheels will fall off.   

The JM failed experiment is most likely about to end which should be a blessing for Raider fans. After 20+ years of being the worst ran organization in the NFL I hope we can land a young, stud QB and a HC who can lead this franchise for the next decade plus.  

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e472tbwpht1l38csxfmfb

Truly, nobody does... you're a Negative Nancy who has flip flopped on the regime because you are a Carr homer who is deep in their feels.

Post after post of the same negative tropes for months on end. Either get some new content or give it a rest. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

This is a 4ish win team which is exactly what I have been saying for months. 

So, for the sake of argument the team wins only 4 games and McDaniels and Ziegler are fired. Why would that be such a blessing given what had gone before and after and what makes you think we could possibly land a young upcoming HC and rookie QB? Surely all evidence by that time should point to the contrary wouldn't it, that we simply make terrible FO decisions and employ average to terrible HC’s? We’d be stuck in yet another viscous circle of changing scheme, changing coordinators and coaches, signing and drafting more ‘scheme fits’, cutting players who don’t fit the new scheme, rinse and repeat………

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e472tbwpht1l38csxfmfb

Truly, nobody does... you're a Negative Nancy who has flip flopped on the regime because you are a Carr homer who is deep in their feels.

Post after post of the same negative tropes for months on end. Either get some new content or give it a rest. 

Is that all you got?  Another post rooted in lies and falsehoods and I am starting to think that you spend every minute of your day thinking of Carr which is quite pathetic.  Carr is gone, it's time to move on with your life.  Typically I don't comment on posts from posters who lack a basic understanding of the game they claim to be a fan of and have zero business acumen but it's Friday and I'm bored. 

First, I have posted for years that I would be in favor of moving on from Carr with a legit plan and upgrade in place but to move on with no plan and to downgrade the position is foolish.   You advocate downgrading the position with no plan in place which is not surprising due to you lack of education and business sense.   You advocate moving an asset and not only receiving nothing in compensation but having that asset become a liability with a 6M cap hit in the books for the upcoming season.  You make excuses for these types of business moves which is all I need to know about your ability to understand even the most basic principals of football or business.  

My optimism during the first offseason was contingent on bolstering the Oline and improving the D, two things JM neglected to do.  He showed glimpses of being a good play caller during the first half of games but could not adjust at halftime as he became too conservative and thought his D was better than they were.  That is all on him as a HC.

Your posts have not only been incorrect for years, they lack a basic understanding for football.  You are a staunch supporter of JM and DZ and I can't wait until I am proven right once again when Jimmy G shows the world that he is a bum that has been propped up by playing behind stellar D’s.  The poor play of Jimmy G will be one of many reasons your boy JM gets canned.  Your excuses will be hilarious....  

I can't wait for the upcoming season as a lot of questions will be answered in regards to Jimmy G, Carr and JM.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

So, for the sake of argument the team wins only 4 games and McDaniels and Ziegler are fired. Why would that be such a blessing given what had gone before and after and what makes you think we could possibly land a young upcoming HC and rookie QB? Surely all evidence by that time should point to the contrary wouldn't it, that we simply make terrible FO decisions and employ average to terrible HC’s? We’d be stuck in yet another viscous circle of changing scheme, changing coordinators and coaches, signing and drafting more ‘scheme fits’, cutting players who don’t fit the new scheme, rinse and repeat………

I totally agree it's a vicious cycle and I have very little faith that we would land a solid HC.  What I do know is JM is not the answer and is a below average HC who was propped up by BB and Brady.  Even though the chances are slim that we can land a good, young HC, there is nearly zero chance that JM all of a sudden becomes a good HC.  I would take my chances any day on someone else other than a proven loser, who is an egomaniac....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I totally agree it's a vicious cycle and I have very little faith that we would land a solid HC.  What I do know is JM is not the answer and is a below average HC who was propped up by BB and Brady.  Even though the chances are slim that we can land a good, young HC, there is nearly zero chance that JM all of a sudden becomes a good HC.  I would take my chances any day on someone else other than a proven loser, who is an egomaniac....

I’m not a fan of some moves whilst others I think have been quite interesting to say the least. I don’t really expect us to be better than 7 or 8 wins this year but I think we need to at least give them a chance this year. If it backfires then so be it, but I think even a middling record should give them a shot at a third year with the proviso that playoffs or strongly competing for them is requisite, even if they draft a rookie QB.

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I’m not a fan of some moves whilst others I think have been quite interesting to say the least. I don’t really expect us to be better than 7 or 8 wins this year but I think we need to at least give them a chance this year. If it backfires then so be it, but I think even a middling record should give them a shot at a third year with the proviso that playoffs or strongly competing for them is requisite, even if they draft a rookie QB.

In your opinion how many wins does he need to keep his job? Obviously there will need to be context behind how the season goes but for the sake of this conversation how many wins will it take? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

In your opinion how many wins does he need to keep his job? Obviously there will need to be context behind how the season goes but for the sake of this conversation how many wins will it take? 

With jm love child jimmy…gotta be 9 wins or even 8 to be nice. Gotta do better than 6 wins and I dgaf about context. Also gotta sweep the donkeys again. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

With jm love child jimmy…gotta be 9 wins or even 8 to be nice. Gotta do better than 6 wins and I dgaf about context. Also gotta sweep the donkeys again. 

8 wins with this roster would be a miracle and that is with the lovechild Jimmy G miraculously playing a full season. Let's say that 8 wins is the barometer for JM keeping his job, if that is the case then I would place a 95+ percent chance on him getting canned.  

Oh yeah and **** the Donkeys 😂

Edited by Frankie2Gunz