Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

19 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

There are some 80's comedies that have aged well.  Revenge of the Nerds, Vacation, Uncle Buck, Coming to America, Ghostbusters and Caddyshack, just to name a few off the top of my head. 

Ah, I caught Coming to America recently…….Sexual Chocolate and the barber shop guys arguing about the boxing……..classic!

Planes Trains and Automobiles I liked too, that was on recently.

Probably my all time favourite is Life of Brian though, not sure if you’ve seen that?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Ah, I caught Coming to America recently…….Sexual Chocolate and the barber shop guys arguing about the boxing……..classic!

Planes Trains and Automobiles I liked too, that was on recently.

Probably my all time favourite is Life of Brian though, not sure if you’ve seen that?

I haven't seen that but I have heard it's a classic.  I never really got into Monty Python but I also have seen one of their movies in 30 years and the last one being A fish Called Wanda which I thought was funny but not a "traditional" Monty Python flick.  Perhaps I should watch Life of Brian.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

I haven't seen that but I have heard it's a classic.  I never really got into Monty Python but I also have seen one of their movies in 30 years and the last one being A fish Called Wanda which I thought was funny.  Perhaps I should watch Life of Brian.  

Ah man, you have to watch that one, it’s a genuine classic, You won’t be disappointed!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I haven't seen any proof that the D wasn't allowed to go after the ball in previous years.  We all know they couldn't get after the ball once the season started because they suck but I haven't seen any proof that the D was not allowed to go after the ball, in TC with Carr on the field.  Do you have any proof of this?  I wonder if the Saints D is not, "going after the ball" because Carr is in camp and how the D would feel about that after actually getting after the ball for the last decade. I wonder if there are any reports out of Saints camp regarding this?

I'm not sure what the trusted media sources mean by "shook".  Was he pissed or disappointed in himself?  Who knows without being there to know what ones opinion of shook means.   

This season will be very telling for JM, Jimmy G and Carr as there won't be any more excuses by any of them.  

What will be your metrics for both Carr and Jimmy G to have a successful first year with their new franchise? 

I have a direct legitimate source at practice everyday that said DC would get shook.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I have a direct legitimate source at practice everyday that said DC would get shook.

If your source is claiming this is the first time in 10 years our D has been able to go after the ball in TC, which also insinuates that now the Saints D also isn't able to go after the ball when Carr practicing since this has occurred every year of his career across multiple staffs including ours with Allen. I wonder if there are reports out of Saints camp stating this?

If your source is accurate then this is something that has transcended multiple staffs and players on both sides of the ball, so this must be known league wide and by the media.  I'm shocked that something that is so "widely known" to former staff members, players and media is not plastered all over the internet but I couldn't find one thing mentioning a word of this.  

I would also be interested in what your sources definition of "shook" means.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2023/08/06/2023-raiders-training-camp-aidan-oconnell-tyree-wilson-jimmy-garoppolo

Training camp report from NFL Network , Albert Breer. Sounds like the team gave him more information than the beat reporters get

- Lots of good things here

Albert Breer is a patriot guy though. He's never going to say anything bad about any patriot people. Same with Michael Lombardi.

11 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I will be fascinated to see what the narrative is if Jimmy G sucks/ gets injured like I fully expect him to, our D is still bottom of the league with no pass rush and hemorrhages points. 

if this team wins 4ish games and Carr has a pretty good season that leads the Saints to the playoffs how will these talking heads spin it? 

I also am fascinated as to what the Jimmy G homers will use as a metric for his success this year.  W/L, stats, a combo of the two?  Elaborate if you're a Jimmy G homer and what are the metrics for a "successful" season by him. 

I'll be fascinated if the exact opposite happens how will you spin it.

5 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If your source is claiming this is the first time in 10 years our D has been able to go after the ball in TC, which also insinuates that now the Saints D also isn't able to go after the ball when Carr practicing since this has occurred every year of his career across multiple staffs including ours with Allen. I wonder if there are reports out of Saints camp stating this?

If your source is accurate then this is something that has transcended multiple staffs and players on both sides of the ball, so this must be known league wide and by the media.  I'm shocked that something that is so "widely known" to former staff members, players and media is not plastered all over the internet but I couldn't find one thing mentioning a word of this.  

I would also be interested in what your sources definition of "shook" means.  

My source is good, trust me. 

6 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2023/08/06/2023-raiders-training-camp-aidan-oconnell-tyree-wilson-jimmy-garoppolo

Training camp report from NFL Network , Albert Breer. Sounds like the team gave him more information than the beat reporters get

- Lots of good things here

Nice report and some interesting titbits. I’m not quite so optimistic about the middle of the D as our DTs still look very weak to me but CB should be very solid and excited to see who starts. 

I’m starting to come around and be more reassured that we actually have a plan 😀

• Like 1