Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

The interceptions really aren’t a big deal for me. Jared Goff and Alex Smith and Peyton Manning and Brett Favre and like 17 other GREAT quarterbacks led the league in interceptions their rookie year.

It’s the interceptions + completion percentage + YPA that worry me. His YOA has been ticking upwards lately, which is really promising.

I will stand by my assessment. If he’s under 6.5 YPA and 60%, I will believe he is a bust. If he’s over on one under on the other, he will have earned a second year as a starter. If he gets over both those hurdles, I’ll believe he could be the one.

• Like 1

Just now, sgtcheezwiz said:

I mean, if it werent for a blocked PAT, then you saw him drive down the field for a game tying field goal and again for the go ahead. 

The red zone offense definitely has to improve, that was a huge issue last year as well even with 12. 

Maybe.  Maybe the Steelers could have scored more points against Barry's defense to keep it in the same position anyway.  We don't know how it would have played out in a different circumstance.   It seems just as likely that we would have done nothing on the drive for the tying FG if a FG mattered.  Maybe he throws an INT anyway?

What Deguara was doing on that PAT is baffling. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Imagine hating Love and stanning for Barry. 😂🤣😂🤣😬😬😔😔

Dude.  I'm living in a world with Joe Biden and without Jimmy Buffet.  I'm already sad.

And...if this goes against any political stuff on this board, I'll re-phrase.  I'm living in a world with Joe Biden and Donald Trump while being without Jimmy Buffet.  I'm already sad.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Eternal said:

It was time to move on from Rodgers. Their Super Bowl window had closed with Rodgers. Why keep trying to do the same thing over and over when you know the results? We also had to see what we have in Love. It was simply time to move on, regardless of how good Love turns out to be.

I think this is the definition of insanity.  😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

As I said 6 months ago, it's going to get to a point where the Packer lose by 14 points and everyone is talking about a throw Love had in the second quarter.

Well, here we are.

Do you believe Love is better, worse or the same since week 3?  

11 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Do you believe Love is better, worse or the same since week 3?  

I think he's gotten better in some areas, not so in others.  Looking at his past, I just dont see him being the QB you need to win consistently in the NFL.  I think he'll get next year, but the question will be who is he competing against in TC?   

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I think he's gotten better in some areas, not so in others.  Looking at his past, I just dont see him being the QB you need to win consistently in the NFL.  I think he'll get next year, but the question will be who is he competing against in TC?   

I saw improvement the last two games.  More or less in every area.  Love and MLF.

Granted, one game was against a jayvee team.

But on the road against Pittsburgh?  That one has me feeling better about them both.

Course we have some tougher games coming up now.  I don't expect us to win them all, but I do want to see improvement on offense.  Starting with getting more than 60 yards through the air in the first half.

• Like 2