Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

49 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Could potentially be worse since they're likely going to give up a 2024 #1 overall and the Colts took the right guy at #1 overall in Manning while Leaf went 2nd where SD traded up to.

While the Bears may have a chance to hit with that Panthers pick in 2024, let's take a moment to take it in that they have now chosen Mitch Turbisky over Patrick Mahommes and Justin Feilds over CJ Stroud.

This is why I laugh at people worried about the Bears getting the first pick.

It’s the Bears. Even if they pick the right QB, they’re going to ruin him.

Bet you 20 bucks the Bears will take Williams or Maye, then pick Harrison Jr and due to complete and total incompetence, both of them will bust.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

No, that was @packfanfb. He wanted both the Bears linebacker who flashed for one season and Littleton.

PackfanFB loves his ILBs who are behind elite defensive lines and still doesn’t know it’s the DL that makes the ILB.

Yeah, that's the one.  Donald made a lot of money for Littleton.

"The last month, there's been a lot of good," said ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky, who spent 12 years as a quarterback in the NFL. "You hear the terms floors and ceilings, I would say his floor has been elevated the last month or so."

Orlovsky, who studies quarterback film closely, said he noticed two major differences in the Packers and Love over the past month: coach Matt LaFleur's use of play-action as a means to protect Love, and Love's ability to (despite some mechanical issues that Orlovsky said can be fixed) complete more of the basic throws.

"Do I think he is where he needs to be mechanically with his feet right now?" Orlovsky asked. "No. But I think that they've realized that if he's clean or protected, they can get to the mechanics and his feet in the offseason a little bit with his balance and base. They're really doing a good job trying to keep him clean in that regard."

• Like 2

I say Love will never be the one if he can’t get the basic throws down and everyone loses their mind and says I was wrong and blah context blah context.

Dan Orlovsky says he struggled with basic throws (like I said, which don’t need any CONTEXT because they’re BASIC, OPEN throws) and suddenly that’s all common sense and normal.

I’m so far ahead of all of you.

3 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I say Love will never be the one if he can’t get the basic throws down and everyone loses their mind and says I was wrong and blah context blah context.

Dan Orlovsky says he struggled with basic throws (like I said, which don’t need any CONTEXT because they’re BASIC, OPEN throws) and suddenly that’s all common sense and normal.

So you're ahead of like 5 people who have had a Jordan Love agenda for a while...

It's basic knowledge that Love won't be "the one" if he can't, consistently and routinely, not only hit the gimmes but perfect his ball placement on those throws as well, meaning the difference between a 5 yard gain and a 15 yard first down. The Detroit game included some of his best ball-placement passes to date. 

Orlovsky said it best (and I posted about this a few weeks ago), that Love is starting to have some "great" throws, but he needs to work on consistently having more "good" throws. Hopefully, working on his mechanics this off-season will be the difference.  

Lol everyone on this board said the same thing at the time...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The difference was we all knew it was part of a young quarterback's growing pains. He was predicting it to be a career ender. 

So, he was in fact, wrong again! Yet he comes here claiming to be right. 

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Wrong. A lot of people like you acted like it wasn’t happening.

I directly challenged you to tell me whether or not Love made bad plays or had bad games and you deflected the question.

There’s revisionist history going on right here. I was the only one acknowledging he was playing poorly. The rest of you were trying to blame his poor play on his young support when that wasn’t it. It was the basic passes I pointed out he was struggling with. The poor decisions. The missing open receivers deep.

I even said multiple times during his four game stretch that his interceptions didn’t bother me, it was just his % and YPA that bothered me.

Those two aspects are what you look for because they drown out those growing pain excuses. You’re not playing well if you’re completing less than 58% of your passes, and that doesn’t reflect bad help because, cumulatively, your dump off passes, your screens, your quick throws to the flat boost your completion percentage into something more like 60-62% in spite of the drops and struggling offense.

And the YPA is necessary because it incorporates a bad completion percentage and/or too many dump off passes/short passes.

People who were willing to give up on Love at any point during this season simply refused to  understand that there are growing pains involved in playing young QBs.  There's a reason that they gave themselves two years to make the eval, because both "what mistakes he's going to make" and "how he learns from them"  are super important to the eval.

• Like 1