Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

On 12/22/2023 at 5:04 PM, StatKing said:

The absolute floor is 40 million a year. There is zero chance he is taking less than Daniel Jones. I don't know why you guys think he's going to take an uber team friendly deal at age 25. If he does then he's a complete moron, there is no guarantee he sees a third contract, he should be trying to get as much money as possible.

If you structure it as I laid out, he's guaranteed top 12-15 QB dollars.  Then with incentives, he can make more.  It would be similar to Rodgers first real deal that we gave him.  It is what we have done before and it worked well.

And...as I stated in my post that you ignored, I doubt that his agent would allow that to happen.

But, we shall see.

Interesting to see that you are on board with $40M for a QB that you labeled as a huge bust a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

If you structure it as I laid out, he's guaranteed top 12-15 QB dollars.  Then with incentives, he can make more.  It would be similar to Rodgers first real deal that we gave him.  It is what we have done before and it worked well.

And...as I stated in my post that you ignored, I doubt that his agent would allow that to happen.

But, we shall see.

Interesting to see that you are on board with $40M for a QB that you labeled as a huge bust a few weeks ago.

Where did I say I wanted to pay him? That's just the scenario we are in. I certainly wouldn't give him 40 million a year right now, make him play next year out.

As someone who was unsure about Love coming into this season....

I'm now sold.

We can nitpick about things he can do better, but here's the fact.  He's a year one starter and playing at a high level with rookies and first year players at the skill positions.  His best weapons going into the season haven't played much.  Bakh, Jones, Watson.  And the kid is putting up numbers.

I hope to see a continued progression of skills for the next few years.  We know his accuracy still needs help.  Processing still needs to get quicker.

But for me?  Physically I want to see more mass on those legs.  I want to see quicker feet.  When he has to move in the pocket, he looks slower than I thought he would.  And he will need those legs to step up in the pocket and extend plays more as he plays.

But, the Packer Way of developing a QB has paid off once again.  Kudos to Gute and MLF.  

Because I would not have drafted him.  Period, end of story for me.  They had the stones to do it and stick with it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Because that would be admitting you were wrong.

What has he done to show he deserves to get paid top dollar? His numbers are very similar to what Rodgers put up last year and you guys were saying he was washed. He hasn't exactly set the league on fire.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StatKing said:

What has he done to show he deserves to get paid top dollar? His numbers are very similar to what Rodgers put up last year and you guys were saying he was washed. He hasn't exactly set the league on fire.

Jordan Love has outperformed 2022 Rodgers even though he had a veteran group of pass catchers, an all pro LT and a healthy Aaron Jones

-Love already has more TDs than Rodgers 30 vs 29 with two games left remaining.

-Love Has a high QBR 91.8 vs 91.1

-Has nearly as many yards 3587 vs 3695 with 2 games left

And he's doing all this without his all pro LT, Aaron Jones missing a majority of the year, his #1 WR missing nearly half the year and our TE1 out for over a quarter of the season. All while throwing to a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Rodgers 2022 season.  17 games.  350 for 542. 64.6%.  3695 yards.  26 TD.  12 INT.

Love 2023 season.  15 games.  321 for 514.  62.5%.  3587 yards.  27 TD.  11 INT.

I think GB paid Rodgers $42M for his 2022 season.  Could be wrong on that, but that is what the internet is saying.

I think GB is paying Love about $9.8M (cash AAV) for his 2023 season so far.

So there are stats and cash.

Players are similar.  Rodgers had some vets.  Love is doing this with rookies.  And really, no #69.

20 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Rodgers 2022 season.  17 games.  350 for 542. 64.6%.  3695 yards.  26 TD.  12 INT.

Love 2023 season.  15 games.  321 for 514.  62.5%.  3587 yards.  27 TD.  11 INT.

I think GB paid Rodgers $42M for his 2022 season.  Could be wrong on that, but that is what the internet is saying.

I think GB is paying Love about $9.8M (cash AAV) for his 2023 season so far.

So there are stats and cash.

Players are similar.  Rodgers had some vets.  Love is doing this with rookies.  And really, no #69.

So you agree Love isn't worth 40 million a year. Glad we are on the same page.

Edited by StatKing