Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

23 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Experience and a healthy Christian Watson will fix the WR room. I do agree Musgrave needs more targets. 

Christian Watson, at the very least, should draw more attention deep, which should lead to more passing areas, and 1:1 coverage for Doubs, Reed, Wicks and Musgrave.

He could be a great weapon if only to stretch the defense and hopefully lead to fewer heavy box looks against the run.

If he can ever get out of the training room.

52 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Heath/Toure Suck. Like actually Suck

Reed is wildly inconsistent.  Only 3 catches on 7 targets.  flat drop, his 2nd of the year.

Doubs is being asked to win against better players than he, and he can't.  Only 5 catches on 12 targets is bad

Wicks is the only player consistently helping out the QB, and he's drawing the easiest matchups.

There's no WR1.

Musgrave is getting open and should be the focus of the passing game until they fix the WR room.

Right. So we agree that saying the WRs suck is a "bottom line" is dumb

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Right. So we agree that saying the WRs suck is a "bottom line" is dumb

if you read what I wrote the / means either/or

bottom line either they suck, or they are playing out of their depth/experience.  In this case, the slash also means either/or.

I can also use depth and/or experience.  This would be an inclusive set which allows for both to be true.  Yes, let's revise that to:

The WRs suck/are playing out of their depth and/or experience

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

if you read what I wrote the / means either/or

bottom line either they suck, or they are playing out of their depth/experience.  In this case, the slash also means either/or.

I can also use depth and/or experience.  This would be an inclusive set which allows for both to be true.  Yes, let's revise that to:

The WRs suck/are playing out of their depth and/or experience

Ok

Just like the Dolphins suck/don't suck so far this year. 

Slashes can help cover all possible outcomes, I agree. 

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

He's also pushing the football harder/more aggressively than anyone in the league. Whether that's by design or because we're committing procedural mistakes, who knows, but the fact is he's facing long downs a lot. Again, the absolute last thing to be worried about right now is his completion percentage for a multitude of reasons. 

• Like 1

Just now, Brat&Beer said:

I'm not sure Love was at fault on the deep miss to Musgrave. At the time Love releases the ball, Musgrave is near the left hash mark. But Musgrave drifts to his right and then has to try to adjust at the last second. I think Love put it exactly where he wanted to. 

I similarly question Musgrave's route because this wouldn't be the first time he'd have been a bit lost in a route.

I think those two have been stacking their miscues out of phase a few times which makes it look real ugly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brat&Beer said:

I'm not sure Love was at fault on the deep miss to Musgrave. At the time Love releases the ball, Musgrave is near the left hash mark. But Musgrave drifts to his right and then has to try to adjust at the last second. I think Love put it exactly where he wanted to. 

Watched it a ton. I think he put the ball 100% where he wanted to. Musgrave started drifting towards the safety. If anything, the knock there would be that Love had too much on it, not that it was wildly inaccurate. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

He's also pushing the football harder/more aggressively than anyone in the league. Whether that's by design or because we're committing procedural mistakes, who knows, but the fact is he's facing long downs a lot. Again, the absolute last thing to be worried about right now is his completion percentage for a multitude of reasons. 

Which is one of the reasons why I'd like for the starting offense to actually get on the field with him. Frankly, I think our OL - with all the personnel in/out - has done a good job of keeping him clean - which makes assessing his passing easier.