Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

I think this season you can't get into wins and losses. If the Saints had scored that field goal and they go on to win that game my feelings towards Love would have been no different.

I feel confident in the fact that the guy can play and the franchise is in safe hands. It might take months, it might take years for him to perfect it further and grow more but I'm sure he will.

He is entertaining to watch, he is not doing what we saw of Rodgers last season where the ball was being thrown 3 yards beyond the line of scrimmage (if we were lucky). I don't find myself being frustrated watching him play and I also think we are a much more creative and fun offence now that MLF can call up the stuff that he wants to and he is. 

When I watch Love play I'm seeing a guy who looks like he belongs, with a real potential to become great.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Heath/Toure Suck. Like actually Suck

Reed is wildly inconsistent.  Only 3 catches on 7 targets.  flat drop, his 2nd of the year.

Doubs is being asked to win against better players than he, and he can't.  Only 5 catches on 12 targets is bad

Wicks is the only player consistently helping out the QB, and he's drawing the easiest matchups.

There's no WR1.

Musgrave is getting open and should be the focus of the passing game until they fix the WR room.

Sooooo ... what do you suggest?!  There was no money to go get one, there isn't anybody worth a crap to sign now,  trading for experience is costly in $$ and draft pick(s).  Can't help that Watson is hurt more often than not but is a field stretcher when healthy.  Yup, they're young but will grow nicely with Love and Musgrave.  Me thinks you doth protest to much.  

s

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Sooooo ... what do you suggest?!  There was no money to go get one, there isn't anybody worth a crap to sign now,  trading for experience is costly in $$ and draft pick(s).  Can't help that Watson is hurt more often than not but is a field stretcher when healthy.  Yup, they're young but will grow nicely with Love and Musgrave.  Me thinks you doth protest to much.  

s

why do I have to suggest anything

I'm simply pointing out that the receivers are dulling the shine on Love right now.

Both the receiving group and Love should continue to grow together.

Now, I believe I did suggest that they need to feature Musgrave in a similar capacity to other TEs like Hock/Kelce and build him as the featured pass catcher in the offense.  So that's what I suggest - more Musgrave targets.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

why do I have to suggest anything

I'm simply pointing out that the receivers are dulling the shine on Love right now.

Both the receiving group and Love should continue to grow together.

Now, I believe I did suggest that they need to feature Musgrave in a similar capacity to other TEs like Hock/Kelce and build him as the featured pass catcher in the offense.  So that's what I suggest - more Musgrave targets.

Think you’re too hard on the young guys. They have shown flashes and their futures look pretty good. 

Watson is a very solid #2 if he can stay healthy. 

Doubs looks like an ok #2 who IMO ciuld become a nice #2

Reed has some wow plays for a young guy. If he can be more consistent, he could be a great slot. 

I agree, a true #1 world be great but not every team has or can have one. Also agree on Musgrave. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MantyWrestler said:

Think you’re too hard on the young guys. They have shown flashes and their futures look pretty good. 

Watson is a very solid #2 if he can stay healthy. 

Doubs looks like an ok #2 who IMO ciuld become a nice #2

Reed has some wow plays for a young guy. If he can be more consistent, he could be a great slot. 

I agree, a true #1 world be great but not every team has or can have one. Also agree on Musgrave. 

I mean, sure but there's a difference between what they are now and what they could be.  As a talent evaluator you gotta be excited about the WR room.

As a self-scout right now though, they aren't up to par.

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I mean, sure but there's a difference between what they are now and what they could be.  As a talent evaluator you gotta be excited about the WR room.

As a self-scout right now though, they aren't up to par.

Oh, I agree there too but I guess I kind of expected it. Reed to some point and especially Musgrave are really encouraging. 

I guess I was thinking you were down on where they are now AND their potential too. My bad if not. 

2 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Oh, I agree there too but I guess I kind of expected it. Reed to some point and especially Musgrave are really encouraging. 

I guess I was thinking you were down on where they are now AND their potential too. My bad if not. 

My only point is that they are not making love look better, if anything, he's playing well despite the WRs

This is the J Love thread right?!

Edited by skibrett15
  • Like 1

I’m much more comforted by some of the tough throws he’s made, how he’s able to navigate the pocket, go through his progressions than I am worried by him missing some lay ups. The misses seem to be more a matter of needing to add touch to certain balls than a lack of accuracy. Some of those fades and back shoulder throws he’s made show he can be plenty accurate.

• Like 1