Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

17 minutes ago, squire12 said:

he didn't say those players sucked 

Yes he did. Why is it so hard for people to acknowledge his word choice sucked lol.

He said the words, he kinda walked them back. But words have meaning. 

Those players don't suck. They are inconsistent. Let's stop dead in its tracks the propensity to prop up a QB by ****ting on his WRs. It's game 3 of Love's career and it's already happening. This is how hero worship starts. 

His teammates do not suck. They are inexperienced and inconsistent. Just like Love himself is.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Yes.  Yes they are.  They can also add a ton to the offense.

I look at Hurts.  He needed AJ Brown to go to the next level.  It worked so well that Chicago tried it.  We are seeing how that is working out.

Rodgers would have absolutely loved him some Moore.  (See what I did there??)

I'd like a good AJ Brown type vet to pair with Love, however, I don't think he needs it like Hurts did.  He's got 3 bonafide WR's already...and a TE who looks to be a beast.  I think that the best course of action is to let them all develop.  

I think our biggest need besides OL on offense is RB, and RB is pushing hard for the top spot, Jones is still great, but may not be as dependable, Dillon brings almost nothing any more, and the room is near empty with Wilson and Taylor, so imo we need to bring in another Aaron Jones, thats where my UFA money would go, if I couldn't work out a trade for one sooner.

On 9/25/2023 at 12:09 PM, skibrett15 said:

bottom line is that these receivers kind of suck/are playing out of their depth and it's definitely affecting Love.

Doubs can't really separate - not sure if that's a hammy thing or what.  He's a contested catch artist ill-suited to a No. 1 WR role.  At least he knows where to go in zone.

Reed is wildly inconsistent but he shows promise for sure.  Still not an every down guy, only playing 2/3 snaps.

Wicks had the WR play of the game on the 12 yard out - won against lattimore by getting him to turn then broke open towards the sideline.

Heath was a joke when targeted - not playing the position correctly.

Toure- kind of the invisible man

On 9/25/2023 at 12:48 PM, skibrett15 said:

Heath/Toure Suck. Like actually Suck

Reed is wildly inconsistent.  Only 3 catches on 7 targets.  flat drop, his 2nd of the year.

Doubs is being asked to win against better players than he, and he can't.  Only 5 catches on 12 targets is bad

Wicks is the only player consistently helping out the QB, and he's drawing the easiest matchups.

There's no WR1.

Musgrave is getting open and should be the focus of the passing game until they fix the WR room.

Impossible obfuscated unintelligible rantings and ravings.  Please help me understand what he means!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Is this the flea flicker play where Love slipped on the turf, or is he getting a little crazy at times with his throwing platform?

USATSI_21495298.jpg?resize=1024,718

I think he could have gotten up and got a better throw off, watch the play again.  He had some time, it would have had to be quick and he would have gotten hit but it probably would have been caught. JMO.

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Yes he did. Why is it so hard for people to acknowledge his word choice sucked lol.

He said the words, he kinda walked them back. But words have meaning. 

Those players don't suck. They are inconsistent. Let's stop dead in its tracks the propensity to prop up a QB by ****ting on his WRs. It's game 3 of Love's career and it's already happening. This is how hero worship starts. 

His teammates do not suck. They are inexperienced and inconsistent. Just like Love himself is.

Read carefully what he stated about the particular players.

On 9/25/2023 at 11:48 AM, skibrett15 said:

Heath/Toure Suck. Like actually Suck

Reed is wildly inconsistent.  Only 3 catches on 7 targets.  flat drop, his 2nd of the year.

Doubs is being asked to win against better players than he, and he can't.  Only 5 catches on 12 targets is bad

Wicks is the only player consistently helping out the QB, and he's drawing the easiest matchups.

There's no WR1.

Musgrave is getting open and should be the focus of the passing game until they fix the WR room.

Now read the players you listed ...

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

He's not right when he said they "suck".

The young WRs do not "suck". Romeo Doubs does not suck. Jayden Reed does not suck. Wicks and Musgrave do not suck. 

They make more mistakes than veterans, but they definitely do not suck.

• Like 2

What I like about Love is he's using all his receivers although he's missing a lot too

Reed made a great diving catch late in the game in a key spot.  If Rodgers was there, Reed never sees that ball based on the drops he had earlier in the game.  I like Love hitting the open guy regardless of who it is.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I think he could have gotten up and got a better throw off, watch the play again.  He had some time, it would have had to be quick and he would have gotten hit but it probably would have been caught. JMO.

Granted he’s not a QB but Wilson is the one who flubbed the play and put Love in a bad spot.