Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

Just now, LacyIsGood said:

I think I can recall a classic pick 6 on an out route from Rodgers in that game.  It happens.

The Packers need to ditch the play he’s thrown that pick in the last two weeks.  Terrible play

They already have a limited playbook because he sucks and now they are supposed to limit it more? At what point does he just not suck at start throwing it to our guys instead of the other team? The excuses are getting insane for this guy.

2 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

I think I can recall a classic pick 6 on an out route from Rodgers in that game.  It happens.

The Packers need to ditch the play he’s thrown that pick in the last two weeks.  Terrible play

I remember Rodgers threw that terrible pick to Urlacher in the NFCCG across the middle like that. 

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

There's just not enough easy stuff .. every single play seems like it's a major ordeal to gain yardage.  At least there were a few rollouts in the second half this week.  That looked like it was going to be a big part of the offense this preseason and then the real season hits and it's not there.  Were there more than one or two throws to the backs tonight.  Remember one to Taylor that he botched or Love missed him on.  Dillon hasn't had a target in weeks it seems.  Missing Jones for sure, but they should be able to manufacture easy throws and easy catches on a regular basis.  

He short armed atleast 3 passes that were BEHIND the line of scrimmage in this game. It doesn't get any easier than that.

1 minute ago, StatKing said:

They already have a limited playbook because he sucks and now they are supposed to limit it more? At what point does he just not suck at start throwing it to our guys instead of the other team? The excuses are getting insane for this guy.

Who is saying they have a limited playbook?  It looks pretty full to me of just about everything and anything.  

Just now, LacyIsGood said:

Who is saying they have a limited playbook?  It looks pretty full to me of just about everything and anything.  

It's clear they don't want him passing the ball 35+ times a game. There's a reason we don't let him just go out in a spread formation and throw it 3 straight times to start a drive.

Just now, StatKing said:

It's clear they don't want him passing the ball 35+ times a game. There's a reason we don't let him just go out in a spread formation and throw it 3 straight times to start a drive.

That’s exactly what they did last week.  I think they over corrected this week

3 minutes ago, Mox said:

Too early to make any calls. The concerning part is he seems to be trending down each week, and we really haven't played a tough schedule. MLF has also been an issue.

I'm concerned that somehow he's getting worse. But hopefully we see improvement.

That being said, people would much rather be the first rats off the ship which is why you see the usual subjects chicken littling during a season we all knew would be rough and a roller coaster. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I don't think many people are saying he's played well at all.  You do have to admit the playbook is also limited due to the o-line and no speed at RB right now though (maybe you have, can't read everything).  There's no position group in the offense that's above average right now

10 minutes ago, StatKing said:

He short armed atleast 3 passes that were BEHIND the line of scrimmage in this game. It doesn't get any easier than that.

Yeah .. it's not good.  I can't stick up for the guy when he can't hit the broad side of a barn.  We're kind of stuck though for the time being, so the hope is that it gets better.  If it doesn't it's a dark road ahead.

8 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

I don't think many people are saying he's played well at all.  You do have to admit the playbook is also limited due to the o-line and no speed at RB right now though (maybe you have, can't read everything).  There's no position group in the offense that's above average right now

Yeah .. in preseason it looked like we had one of the best lines in football.  The Bak thing is a pretty massive setback.  Gute probably wasn't very wise to pass up Oline at the draft.  I really thought we were going Oline in round one, but he went for more defense like usual, and went thru the entire draft without selecting a single Olineman.  I'm pretty sure they were all convinced that Bak's knee issues were behind him.  Big mistake.  The loss of Jones is a killer too.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

I don’t know why I was the only one.

If Love was a rookie, you absolutely expect this type of performance over the first five games.

Dude’s had how many NFL training camps, practices, years of watching a top 10 all-time QB prepare and this is what he does?

Each and every week it becomes more clear he’s not the answer.

He’s a high end backup/journeyman QB.

Great option on a complete team, will NEVER win anything on a starting QB contract.

Agree and have stated most of this the past couple of years.  You gotta let it play out though.  Give him the season and go from there.

Edited by NFLGURU

Plays I was at mad at Love for:

1) 1st int. It's not even necessarily about the bad read, it's about the timing of the play. Can't have that. Did the same thing against the Lions, at this point hasn't responded well to adversity other than being down going into the second half.

2) Dillon underthrow on second and 11 on the second to last drive. Have to make that throw, even if you over throw it, it's gotta be there.

3) Final int. Just run it dude. 

This offense is a couple of assignments short on every play, that's a lot in the NFL. Watson needs to catch or draw DPI on one of the two deep balls not mentioned above. Kraft needs to get a block in on more than 5 occasions. Musgrave is consistently not where he is supposed to be, Doubs dropped the one pass we needed. Dillon has 0 vision for this offense. MLF called a complete crap-show of a game. Also there were at least 3 third down and long attempts where WRs clearly, and I mean clearly ran the wrong option/route/whatever thing you wanna say - we had one where both sets of 4 ran outs 5 yards apart, and one where all three ran crossers where they ended up about a total of 7 square yards apart - either MLF is clinically r-worded or those were bad mistakes. 

Edited by oldmansmell

30 minutes ago, Striker said:

I'm concerned that somehow he's getting worse. But hopefully we see improvement.

That being said, people would much rather be the first rats off the ship which is why you see the usual subjects chicken littling during a season we all knew would be rough and a roller coaster. 

He's definitely getting worse, but now it's up to him and LaFleur to come up with some stuff they can have some success with.  It would be great if the entire offense could get on the same page.  It kind of looks like 11 guys doing their own thing at times.  I was amazed watching our lineman stand around while Maxx Crosby ran right by or around them.  The Oline is a disaster.

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He's definitely getting worse, but now it's up to him and LaFleur to come up with some stuff they can have some success with.  It would be great if the entire offense could get on the same page.  It kind of looks like 11 guys doing their own thing at times.  I was amazed watching our lineman stand around while Maxx Crosby ran right by or around them.  The Oline is a disaster.

Steno moving to OC made us weaker at OLine coach and nothing special at OC. Hope he proves me wrong but it’s a trend at this point.