Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

27 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Steno moving to OC made us weaker at OLine coach and nothing special at OC. Hope he proves me wrong but it’s a trend at this point. 

Yeah .. we got weaker at OC and OLine with that move.   You can't help it when guys like Hackett gets a head coaching gig, but you could try to acquire a quality OC.  I get it though .. there aren't many top OCs that want a job without play calling included.  If we are to upgrade there MLF will have to give up play calling duties to entice a really sharp OC to come to GB.  I'm not sure that Steno is the problem though.  He might be a great teacher for all I know. 

Thanks Gute.

You traded up for a project, to sit a bunch of years and half *** the end of a HoF career.... To be a project again once he plays. What's this supposed to be, a half decade plus change to be succession plan?

Sorry, the league works faster than the Packers do. Go watch the 9ers you fat ****.

Thanks Gute. I hate you.

• Like 1

I genuinely get letting players develop. It's part of the game. But man good players tend to flash early. LT should be a first round priority.

I think we have something in Doubs and Jayden.

Watson... I always wanted Pickens but Watson's upside is pretty insane. I think we  need to get him going horizontally and just make people try to handle him with the ball in his hands. 

It's sad we only have one RB on the roster worth a damn. I was super high on Wilson.

What about Goodson? Can we bring him back?

Defense is a coaching problem. The distance we have between our defenders and WRs is disgusting. P.Smith on Adams is laughable. 

• Like 1

For the first time in over 30 years I'm wondering if we have a quarterback problem. Jordan Love played like ****. His offensive line did him no favors, I'll grant you that, but those INT's were brutal and so was he. 

IF we don't fix the offensive line, they will ruin him. 

Love definitely played like hot garbage last night, and he's certainly part of the overall problem.  That being said, this was always going to be an up/down year for him.  Last night was a pretty big downer, but that doesn't mean he can't figure things out.  I expected the offense to be a work in progress this season, but sure wasn't expecting the OL to look this bad.  Nothing is going to come together on offense until the OL plays better.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Laces Out said:

Thanks Gute.

You traded up for a project, to sit a bunch of years and half *** the end of a HoF career.... To be a project again once he plays. What's this supposed to be, a half decade plus change to be succession plan?

Sorry, the league works faster than the Packers do. Go watch the 9ers you fat ****.

Thanks Gute. I hate you.

Dude just take a year off and root for the niners, it'll be better for your health

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It’s an extremely young team that suffered injuries to its two best offensive players , as well as having others injured too. 

Relax everyone. This is what it’s like having a young team/QB

I get this and you are correct. The problem for me last night was Jordan Love didn't look the part at all. The final drive, at no point did I think he could come through. His facial expressions and overall body language were of a person lacking in confidence. He was nervous as hell, and it showed. I'm not sure that is something you can coach a guy into. He had no business making that last throw. 

The first and second INT's were 100% on him. The second one Watson looked like he ran a terrible route. Speaking of Watson, he's been terrible the two games he's played. 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I get this and you are correct. The problem for me last night was Jordan Love didn't look the part at all. The final drive, at no point did I think he could come through. His facial expressions and overall body language were of a person lacking in confidence. He was nervous as hell, and it showed. I'm not sure that is something you can coach a guy into. He had no business making that last throw. 

The first and second INT's were 100% on him. The second one Watson looked like he ran a terrible route. Speaking of Watson, he's been terrible the two games he's played. 

He played like crap, no bones about it . 

From what we’re heard and seen previously, this guy doesn’t get scared/rattled. 

It’s gonna be a bumpy season . Im not putting much stock in the early part of the year as I will the late.

8 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

The stats really means nothing other than the jury is still out but:

Love probably had a better game or two but Rodgers didn’t have he level of crap game Love had tonight through 5 games.

The same flaw that existed with this last week still exists now. 

Passer rating of 95 when the league average was 83.

Passer rating of 78 when the league average is 90.

These things are not the same.

Edited by Mox

3 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Rasheed Walker - 23 

Zach Tom- 24

The youth at TE was particularly glaring. Blocking Crosby with those rookies turned out exactly the way you should expect. Those guys might become decent pass catchers, but the blocking aspect in their game will take time. It might be ugly while we watch things develop. 

6 minutes ago, Refugee said:

The youth at TE was particularly glaring. Blocking Crosby with those rookies turned out exactly the way you should expect. Those guys might become decent pass catchers, but the blocking aspect in their game will take time. It might be ugly while we watch things develop. 

That’s more of a coaching thing. They’re probably not going to be plus blockers to ever block DEs