Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

The excuses in this thread are next level. You guys are right, it's all everyone else's fault. The Packers are the only team in the league who's had a WR run the wrong route. Jordan Love is obviously an elite QB what was I thinking?

Can you find me a team where all the WR's and TE's have 2 years or less of experience in the NFL?

It's one thing to have one guy running the wrong route, but we seem to have multiple guys running wrong routes on the same play.

And you should note this...I am not defending Love.  He's been pretty bad for quite a few games.  The guys around him have been pretty bad as well.  It's just a bad, horrible, offense right now.  And there are plenty of guys worthy of taking blame, including the coach.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StatKing said:

The excuses in this thread are next level. You guys are right, it's all everyone else's fault. The Packers are the only team in the league who's had a WR run the wrong route. Jordan Love is obviously an elite QB what was I thinking?

Love is the QB in Green Bay for the rest of the season.  There are no QB changes coming this season.  All the bitching in the world isn't going to change it.  Ride it out the rest of the way and see what happens in the offseason.

2 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Love is the QB in Green Bay for the rest of the season.  There are no QB changes coming this season.  All the bitching in the world isn't going to change it.  Ride it out the rest of the way and see what happens in the offseason.

Somebody needs to inject a modicum of reality into this forum. This season is turning out exactly how I said it would. I said months ago I didn't think we were doing the kid any favors with the amount of youth we have on offense and I got called a troll for saying that.

All I heard this off-season was front office propaganda and buzzwords like "Matt Lafleur's true offense" and "scheming guys open", well where the **** did that go?

We are in a very delicate position as a franchise right now, the decisions our front office makes over the next year could sink our franchise for half a decade if we aren't careful.

2 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Also, I've already said he's probably going to get two years. I don't think there's anyway Gute gives up on him after one year unless he's downright unplayable.

Edited by StatKing

13 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

The only stage we've reached is the Jordan Love isn't going to take the league by storm right out of the gate stage. In other words, we can't already tell that he's going to be a superstar 6 games in like Maholmes. The list is long on both sides of QBs who looked mediocre to bad at the 7 career starts mark who wound up being franchise QBs (ex. Aikman and Steve Young) and those who never caught on (Jamarcus Russell, Leaf, Mirer).

That leaves us with some people still having hope and some people who have already written Jordan Love off. Half will be right and half will be wrong. The half that winds up being right will think they're capable talent evaluators when in reality they won a coin toss.

If there's any QB Love would be comparable to, it's Brett Favre.  That's who I keep feeling he most closely resembles.

And I'm not saying Love is going to go on to win a SB or league MVP awards or set records like Favre did, but in terms of tendencies, arm strength, mechanics and all that, Love is definitely as much a gunslinger as Brett Favre is.

Also got to remember how much of a hot mess Favre was with his accuracy and completion % early on, and I'm willing to bet most fans in Green Bay figured his career was headed into the toilet just as Jordan Love's is.

What ultimately saved Favre was that Holmgren realized he was gonna have to be more than a HC boss to him, he was gonna have to be a partner working in tandem with him, and hence he mentions in that America's Game docu that he told him they were now joined at the hip, and they were either going to rise or fall together.  And we know the rest of the story.  The problem for Love is LaFleur has not taken that approach, and so far he's trying to micromanage the offense and subject it to slow torture.

The QB school breakdown wasn’t as bad as I thought it could be.  JT praised his arm talent, but said he’s making it too hard on himself.  The circumstances have been tough, but they gotta make sure Love gets in rhythm faster.  You can see him start to second guess things a bit more.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

The QB school breakdown wasn’t as bad as I thought it could be.  JT praised his arm talent, but said he’s making it too hard on himself.  The circumstances have been tough, but they gotta make sure Love gets in rhythm faster.  You can see him start to second guess things a bit more.  

Yep, it should be no surprise he is not playing as well himself while his OL and running game are struggling. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yep, it should be no surprise he is not playing as well himself while his OL, WRS, coach, and running game are struggling. 

I don't think there's a single part of the offense we can rely on right now.  

• Like 4

We desperately need a running game. If we can consistently run the ball it will take pressure of Love, we can use the play action to great effect etc. I just think Gute needs to trade for a RB now to save the season. I don't see Jones being back to 100% anytime soon, his year is washed. 

Trade for either Ekeler or Kelly from the Cahrgers, both FAs next season. Ekeler is the closest Jones clone in the League. 

Maybe a change of scence for Clyde Edwards Helaire, he is FA next season. Antonio Gibson is a good shout. We just need something that will complement Dillon and keep Dillon as the #2 RB.

16 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Can you find me a team where all the WR's and TE's have 2 years or less of experience in the NFL?

It's one thing to have one guy running the wrong route, but we seem to have multiple guys running wrong routes on the same play.

And you should note this...I am not defending Love.  He's been pretty bad for quite a few games.  The guys around him have been pretty bad as well.  It's just a bad, horrible, offense right now.  And there are plenty of guys worthy of taking blame, including the coach.

And their two tackles, as well as their two best players being out for most of the year.

People can call it ‘excuses’ all they want, but many QBs woukd struggle with the offense and the circumstances we’ve had this year 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Yep, it should be no surprise he is not playing as well himself while his OL and running game are struggling. 

so important for a young QB to forget the last play, the pass rush got to Love against the Bears, but we had Jones to slow the rush in that game, after that, no Jones to slow the rush and every defense since has used stunts, blitzes early to rattle Love, the results of that have Jordan bouncing and riding up the pocket even when the rush isn't in his face, as the QB school Warner said, Love is thinking to much and making it harder for himself, his throws and reads would be better if he just stayed put at times

5 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

We desperately need a running game. If we can consistently run the ball it will take pressure of Love, we can use the play action to great effect etc. I just think Gute needs to trade for a RB now to save the season. I don't see Jones being back to 100% anytime soon, his year is washed. 

Trade for either Ekeler or Kelly from the Cahrgers, both FAs next season. Ekeler is the closest Jones clone in the League. 

Maybe a change of scence for Clyde Edwards Helaire, he is FA next season. Antonio Gibson is a good shout. We just need something that will complement Dillon and keep Dillon as the #2 RB.

You would need to find a RB who has something left on his contract past this year.  No use giving up draft capital for a guy who can leave in 2 months.  

What if Dillon, who loves Green Bay, wants to come back on a great deal for GB?  Are we signing him or are we done?

• Like 1