Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

14 minutes ago, cconocool said:

After watching the Packers-Vikings game as a Vikings fan, Love seems like he lacks the leadership/mentality/charisma? for the position. He possesses enough talent to be a quality starting QB, but lacks the attitude for the position. But I am used to old school guys. That aspect, in general, has been deteriorating for the last couple decades in NFL QBs. 

If anything, he's probably too calm.

• Like 1

Love doesn't deserve an appreciation thread, or at least not yet.

That accuracy of his is an awful thing to see, and while I'm not sure it'll ever get fixed this season, about all you can do for the timebeing is keep looking to maximize the opportunities he has to get it to his guys and hope over time he'll start hitting some of those.

But on the other hand, LaFleur is still rotting this offense up with malaise and incompetence on another level.  This 1st half TD drought is all his fault and if he can't figure out what's causing it, then he's too stupid to be a HC.

1 minute ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Love doesn't deserve an appreciation thread, or at least not yet.

That accuracy of his is an awful thing to see, and while I'm not sure it'll ever get fixed this season, about all you can do for the timebeing is keep looking to maximize the opportunities he has to get it to his guys and hope over time he'll start hitting some of those.

But on the other hand, LaFleur is still rotting this offense up with malaise and incompetence on another level.  This 1st half TD drought is all his fault and if he can't figure out what's causing it, then he's too stupid to be a HC.

Should we have an "Amazingly Sucky Jordan Love Thread?"

Edited by FAH1223

He's not being set up to succeed with the issues all over the place but the one thing we can evaluate is that the accuracy and decision making, which were 2 things that stood out as red flags during his college tape and it's yr4 and things look the same in that regard. Offense can't get anything going because you either got the QB making a poorly thrown ball one play, a WR dropping a perfect pass the next, a dumb playcall/penalty to put them in 2nd/3rd and 15+ so damn much.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Much better deep ball today. Stepped into his throws, drove the ball in the desired launch trajectory range, tight spirals. 

Difference between hitting finger tips and hitting hands at 50 yards is unmeasurably minute.

Even at that he overthrew two wide open receivers in the 4th quarter.  His deep ball is still a major work in progress.  I think he needs Lasik surgery or something.  Maybe he's just not at all good.  I really don't know where things go from here for him.

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Much better deep ball today. Stepped into his throws, drove the ball in the desired launch trajectory range, tight spirals. 

Difference between hitting finger tips and hitting hands at 50 yards is unmeasurably minute.

He looked okay in garbage time.

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Even at that he overthrew two wide open receivers in the 4th quarter.  His deep ball is still a major work in progress.  I think he needs Lasik surgery or something.  Maybe he's just not at all good.  I really don't know where things go from here for him.

As I said, those passes went from being ugly INTs to being put in spots where only the WR could make the play. 

When you throw deep balls like he did to Watson to end the LV game or Toure to end the Denver game, those passes are never going to be successful in the league. When you drop a dime in the bucket of a guy and we all lose our minds over it, the balls going to look exactly like it did today in the air.