Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

So those accuracy numbers prove he struggles in accuracy behind the line of scrimmage and that he really struggles throwing deep. He’s tied for 11th in intermediate passing, and he’s really good at throwing short passes.

Why are we using that to somehow say he’s the 10th most accurate QB in the NFL?

It’s also PFF, which @Packerraymond has frequently discounted and bemoaned, except, clearly, when it suits the argument.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If Jordan Love would take 4/120 you do that all day every day. 

Anything more than that probably needs more time to decide, but that deal you can build a hell of a team around and would be a no brainer.

Lol, that is not a no brainer whatsoever. That extra five million is huge. A cent over 4/100 is not a no brainer.

4/100 is his worth right now and literally not a million more.

Every single year you can get a Baker Mayfield, and Love hasn’t shown much more than that level of play yet.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Anything more than that probably needs more time to decide, but that deal you can build a hell of a team around and would be a no brainer.

I'm not on board with Love as of yet.  Also?  Not against him.

But in this scenario?  We'd be laughed at for giving him that deal now.

In the end?  It would be a good deal, provided much is salary and not high in guaranteed dollars.

It would be a very easy contract to build a team around, for sure and if structured right, it can be extended if/when things go well.

So though I'm not sold on Love now, I can see the merits of that kind of deal.

3 minutes ago, MacReady said:

So those accuracy numbers prove he struggles in accuracy behind the line of scrimmage and that he really struggles throwing deep. He’s tied for 11th in intermediate passing, and he’s really good at throwing short passes.

Why are we using that to somehow say he’s the 10th most accurate QB in the NFL?

It’s also PFF, which @Packerraymond has frequently discounted and bemoaned, except, clearly, when it suits the argument.

Josh Myers is now the #29 ranked center in the league, according to PFF.

“I think in order to do that, I think everybody’s got to play better around him, quite frankly,” he said. “Are there some things he can do better? Absolutely. I think he’d be the first to tell you. Are there some things we can do as a staff to help our guys? Absolutely. And then, when there are plays there to be made, we’ve got to make the plays.”

Granted Love has the deck stacked against him but no way do I give him a long term contract until he proves it over several games on the field.  He has no worth right now more than a back up QB.  What do they get around 8 mil/yr.  Nah I wouldn't touch his contract until next year.  We might draft another QB to compete in the upcoming draft as well.  

How anyone can be sold on Love at this point is beyond me.  

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm not even thinking about any kind of extension for Love until I see him play the next 10 games and see where we end up in the draft (top 3-5 pick). 

Assuming he shows some improvement, then yea, it's at least a discussion worth having. 

29 minutes ago, Leader said:

He's got some fundamentals to clean up, but I think he's got far more arm talent than Mayfield ever had. 

So did Jamarcus Russell. Arm talent is basically irrelevant absent the other traits an NFL QB must possess. 

Hes a bridge QB, taking the Packers nowhere.  Keep him on the side if you like, but he isn't the answer by any stretch.  There isn't anything in his past to suggest he is a franchise NFL QB.  

We need a franchise QB.  4 years in,  this guy is a basket of questions.  There should be no doubt he's the future, and that just isn't the case here. 

4 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Hes a bridge QB, taking the Packers nowhere.  Keep him on the side if you like, but he isn't the answer by any stretch.  There isn't anything in his past to suggest he is a franchise NFL QB.  

We need a franchise QB.  4 years in,  this guy is a basket of questions.  There should be no doubt he's the future, and that just isn't the case here. 

I'm not here 7 games in but probably will be after 17 games unless I see something different. The primary thing holding me back is that I think Love is basically playing with junior varsity players on offense for the most part. Not really fair to him.

13 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

So did Jamarcus Russell. Arm talent is basically irrelevant absent the other traits an NFL QB must possess. 

JaMarcus Russell had Johnny Manziel's work ethic and Maurice Clarett's brain. 

He's the most extreme example

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

JaMarcus Russell had Johnny Manziel's work ethic and Maurice Clarett's brain. 

He's the most extreme example

I get that. Love isn't Russell, just pointing out that arm talent is a trait and several bust guys have it but never make it. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I get that. Love isn't Russell, just pointing out that arm talent is a trait and several bust guys have it but never make it. 

Love is Josh Allen as a passer. Anyone with patience will see it. I've said it from the get go and I'll continue to die on that hill. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Love is Josh Allen as a passer. Anyone with patience will see it. I've said it from the get go and I'll continue to die on that hill. 

I'm willing to give Love 17 games this year and possibly 17 more next year (if Gute gets him some help). Not that my opinion matters, but I'm not giving him any more time than that to show me he's worth any kind of extension. 

What I think will happen and I hope it doesn't is the Packers are just going to run back this exact same cast of characters, plus a first round OT and that will be "good enough." If so, I'll continue to be pessimistic and will expect a similar type of season honestly.