Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

23 minutes ago, Cousin Eddie said:

"It's not evaluating the quarterback, but everything, all the players," said GM Brian Gutekunst on Wednesday. "When the group as a whole is not functioning the way that it should function it's hard to evaluate anybody. At the same time, it's on us to get that right so we move forward and evaluate the guys that we have in the room. When we are not clicking it'd tough to evaluate anything."

Exactly why we can't just say its a for gone conclusion Love is the guy or not. We all love to highlight the interceptions at the end of the games, but when he actually makes plays and makes really good throws and his receivers drop them, it's making him look worse and it makes people believe "it's gotta be the QBs fault we suck"

Edited by Gopackgonerd
  • Like 2

Just now, StatKing said:

Even I would rather have Love next year over Tannehill. He's already cooked.

I just don't see the point with a young team and coming out of a cap crunch why you would go with a mediocre vet just hoping not to suck. 

Either take a swing on another young guy or keep working on Love. Don't go with a retread vet cast off that at best won't embarrass you.

4 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I just don't see the point with a young team and coming out of a cap crunch why you would go with a mediocre vet just hoping not to suck. 

Either take a swing on another young guy or keep working on Love. Don't go with a retread vet cast off that at best won't embarrass you.

That's how you stay in QB purgatory. You gotta either trade for a franchise QB, or draft one high, getting a mid QB isn't doing you any good. 

2 hours ago, StatKing said:

Even I would rather have Love next year over Tannehill. He's already cooked.

I get it, now put yourself in Gute's position. Murphy is leaving in 2025.  You got one season only (2024) before the new boss comes in. 

Are you putting your job on the line by hoping Jordan Love develops in 2024????  Are you hanging your hat on him possibly for your job?

At this point, I'm not.

When Gute says the next 10 games are important, he's got a big stake in turning this around, it's not just at QB but other positions too.   

He can't afford another sh*tshow season like this year especially in 2024.

52 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I get it, now put yourself in Gute's position. Murphy is leaving in 2025.  You got one season only (2024) before the new boss comes in. 

Are you putting your job on the line by hoping Jordan Love develops in 2024????  Are you hanging your hat on him possibly for your job?

At this point, I'm not.

When Gute says the next 10 games are important, he's got a big stake in turning this around, it's not just at QB but other positions too.   

It's one thing being bad a year or two trying to transition to a new long term fix but being mediocre with a band aid won't save his job.

55 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

At this point, I'm not.

I think they'll draft another Qb based on how well they finish the year.  Gute is gonna want to do CYA in case Love doesn't progress as hoped.  Not sure he'll be able to get Williams or Maye, but I think he'll snag one in first couple rounds.  More than likely 2nd or 3rd Qb, LT in round one .. safety and DL or CB in round 2-3.  We might have a few bucks to spend in free agency this year.  Not a ton, but might be able to add a very useful piece or two.

19 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think they'll draft another Qb based on how well they finish the year.  Gute is gonna want to do CYA in case Love doesn't progress as hoped.  Not sure he'll be able to get Williams or Maye, but I think he'll snag one in first couple rounds.  More than likely 2nd or 3rd Qb, LT in round one .. safety and DL or CB in round 2-3.  We might have a few bucks to spend in free agency this year.  Not a ton, but might be able to add a very useful piece or two.

Yeah, unless Love balls out, he's gotta do something there.  

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

At this point, I'm not.

Your assuming the new boss isn't already in house, isn't part of the succession plan, and doesn't already like and believe in Gute.

• Like 1