Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

On 11/3/2023 at 10:37 AM, Packerraymond said:

The issue with being a QB who's picking up a lot of tendency from Aaron Rodgers who picked up a lot of tendency from Brett Favre.

Those are two QB's who's footwork was not what you'd want taught in the room. Both were still first ballot HOF's

I believe it was Matt Hasselbeck who said that one when he got to Green Bay his QB coach told him to look at and do the best he could to emulate Favre's, toughness, competitiveness and leadership but under no circumstance was he to try to emulate his mechanics or decision making

Edited by Mr Bad Example

It's entirely possible that I'm making a connection that doesnt in fact exists....but I believe I read somewhere that the knee injuries to Carson Palmer and Tom Brady influenced Farve and Rodgers's predilection to shuffle their feet a good deal.

Both Palmer and Brady suffered knee injuries when their planted foot/leg was rolled up on.

Edited by Leader

So Love once again has a first half under 5.6 YPA.

Theres a lot you can argue against with what I say, but what nobody can really argue with is Love and LaFleur cannot have another year together.

We’re not all-time bad at WR/Skill/OL/RB.

That’s all-time bad at the QB position for first half performance.

26 minutes ago, MacReady said:

So Love once again has a first half under 5.6 YPA.

Theres a lot you can argue against with what I say, but what nobody can really argue with is Love and LaFleur cannot have another year together.

We’re not all-time bad at WR/Skill/OL/RB.

That’s all-time bad at the QB position for first half performance.

No, we're legitimately all time bad at supporting cast and refs affecting offense right now. 

• Like 2

On 11/4/2023 at 9:01 AM, Leader said:

It's entirely possible that I'm making a connection that doesnt in fact exists....but I believe I read somewhere that the knee injuries to Carson Palmer and Tom Brady influenced Farve and Rodgers's predilection to shuffle their feet a good deal.

Both Palmer and Brady suffered knee injuries when their planted foot/leg was rolled up on.

Idk about palmer brady being the cause but i remember a segment at one point where rodgers jump off the ground while passing was covered in the context of how being airborne prevents injury

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

No, we're legitimately all time bad at supporting cast and refs affecting offense right now. 

No we’re not. We are nowhere close to the worst even as a franchise in the past 20 years. 2004 or 2005 (the Gado year), the Fat Lacy and Jordy’s ACL year (2012 I believe).

Altogether, we aren’t even worse than the Patriots, Cardinals, Panthers or Texans RIGHT NOW.

I wouldn’t even take the Titans offense over ours right now from a talent perspective (if health wasn’t a factor).

Quit. There’s enough talent on this team for a first round QB to not look as stale as Love has looked.

1 minute ago, MacReady said:

No we’re not. We are nowhere close to the worst even as a franchise in the past 20 years. 2004 or 2005 (the Gado year), the Fat Lacy and Jordy’s ACL year (2012 I believe).

Altogether, we aren’t even worse than the Patriots, Cardinals, Panthers or Texans RIGHT NOW.

I wouldn’t even take the Titans offense over ours right now from a talent perspective (if health wasn’t a factor).

Quit. There’s enough talent on this team for a first round QB to not look as stale as Love has looked.

Maybe in paper. 

On the field is legitimately all time bad execution 

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

I saw more positives than negatives in Love's play today.  I'll bet he's gonna see Aaron Donald in his nightmares this week.

This game does nothing for me. I'm glad Love can look good against an inferior, seriously injured opponent, but that doesn't cut it in this league. Love is going to be fine as a starting QB if your expectations are to compete for playoff spots.

Don't think he's got what it takes to win Super Bowls.

Then again, he's a different player after the half. Could be the type of QB who goes Ninja Assassin mode in the postseason. And those quarterbacks absolutely exist. Joe Flacco, Eli Manning, Nick Foles.

Some quarterbacks are different when it comes to postseason play. Maybe that's Love.

All the crap I talk against him and one thing I have to give him absolute credit for is his body language and his competitiveness. Night and day difference between him and Rodgers. He acts like he can win in any scenario whereas Rodgers picked moments the Packers lost in games the Packers hadn't lost and weren't close to losing.