Around the NFC East

turtle28

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Me too. I think McCarthy is a good hire for them. 

I think Lewis would have been too. Anyone who could take the Bengals and make them a playoff contender and playoff team for most of the last two decades is a damn good coach, I don’t care what anyone says. Marvin Lewis is a good coach.

On 6/7/2019 at 11:24 AM, Matts4313 said:

Unpopular opinion incoming: Their roster is too old to "win now". Their OL is the oldest in the NFL, their QB and Secondary are both injury prone and their starting WRs are on the wrong side of 30.

My prediction is they come out gangbusters, probably lead leading record at the half way point, only to fizzle out when 1/2 their team is suffering nagging injuries. 

Just bumping my prediction on the Eagles from June now that the season is over. I remembered I posted it in here. 

Pretty much nailed the premise of their season, even though the wins happened a little different. 

Edited by Matts4313

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Just bumping my prediction on the Eagles from June now that the season is over. I remembered I posted it in here. 

Pretty much nailed the premise of their season, even though the wins happened a little different. 

I’d rather be them than any other team in the division. They have a super bowl winning coach and have the best QB in the division. The fact that Wentz got that team a division championship despite all their injuries is a testament to how good of a QB he is. 

Cowboys were mostly healthy and fell flat on their face!

Edited by turtle28

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’d rather be them than any other team in the division. They have a super bowl winning coach and have the best QB in the division. The fact that Wentz got that team a division championship despite all their injuries is a testament to how good of a QB he is. 

Cowboys were mostly healthy and fell flat on their face!

..... Cowboys were only slightly less injured than the Eagles according to that redskins fans post in NFL gen. You also have to remember that our 1-5 WRs, LT, LG, RT all missed time, along with 5/7 of our front 7 on defense and 2/4 of our DBs. Our QB also played with a broken finger on each hand and a sprained AC joint.

That said we fell flat on our face. Props to the Eagles for taking advantage, but winning this division wasnt an accomplishment. It was a default that one of us had to suck the least and win it. 

PS: Wentz is not the best QB in the division. Even the final rankings from an Eagles fan had Dak over him. Check down Carson once again led the NFL in passes under 5 yards. IIRC he has been near tops in the league for that 3/4 years in the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

..... Cowboys were only slightly less injured than the Eagles according to that redskins fans post in NFL gen. You also have to remember that our 1-5 WRs, LT, LG, RT all missed time, along with 5/7 of our front 7 on defense and 2/4 of our DBs. Our QB also played with a broken finger on each hand and a sprained AC joint.

That said we fell flat on our face. Props to the Eagles for taking advantage, but winning this division wasnt an accomplishment. It was a default that one of us had to suck the least and win it. 

PS: Wentz is not the best QB in the division. Even the final rankings from an Eagles fan had Dak over him. Check down Carson once again led the NFL in passes under 5 yards. IIRC he has been near tops in the league for that 3/4 years in the NFL. 

Missing time and missing the season or almost the entire season are two separate things. Anyways, the Redskins had again the worst season bc Trent refused to play and bc of the most injuries for the 3rd year in a row.

Sorry, I'd take Wentz. He didn't have Djsx but for the first few games, Jeffery & Agolor were also lost for the season, Ertz battled injuries and they still kicked the Cowboys butts as they won the division!

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Missing time and missing the season or almost the entire season are two separate things. Anyways, the Redskins had again the worst season bc Trent refused to play and bc of the most injuries for the 3rd year in a row.

Sorry, I'd take Wentz. He didn't have Djsx but for the first few games, Jeffery & Agolor were also lost for the season, Ertz battled injuries and they still kicked the Cowboys butts as they won the division!

Alshon got hurt like week 14? Ertz Week 15 and missed 1 game? Agholor missed like 1-2 games? 

They beat us by 1 score in a game where Dak played truly awful and the WRs had 10 drops. 

Props to them, but again, they were the tallest midget in this division. We all sucked. 

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

He was definitely hurt before that.  I think he came back then got hurt again.  Also Desean was hurt pretty much all year.

He also wasnt very good. Djax could potentially be a major injury. Hard to know, really. But for sure he would be better than some of the trash they put up at the end of the season.