Around the NFC East

turtle28

4 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Adam Schefter 

Another big assistant move in Philadelphia: Eagles are hiring former Chargers and Cowboys offensive coordinator Kellen Moore as their offensive coordinator, per sources.

Eagles coordinators now will be Moore and Vic Fangio.

Almost like Sirianni's power just got hollowed out.  Maybe setting up Moore for next HC.

20 hours ago, offbyone said:

Almost like Sirianni's power just got hollowed out.  Maybe setting up Moore for next HC.

I don’t totally blame Sirianni for the Eagles’ collapse. Their OC was too pass happy this year just like Bieniemy was for us. When the Eagles were more balanced running the ball w/ Swift, Gainwell & Hurts they were more effective like in years previous.

Also, it’s not Sirianni’s fault that Rosen failed to improve their LB & S’s after they lost guys to FA off last year’s team. That was a GM failure.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t totally blame Sirianni for the Eagles’ collapse. Their OC was too pass happy this year just like Bieniemy was for us. When the Eagles were more balanced running the ball w/ Swift, Gainwell & Hurts they were more effective like in years previous.

Also, it’s not Sirianni’s fault that Rosen failed to improve their LB & S’s after they lost guys to FA off last year’s team. That was a GM failure.

I honestly don't know the details of the eagles, but it just seemed like a lot of in season coaching changes and now offseason coaching changes.  None of which are a good look for a HC.  Also, the team showed they could be great, they just couldn't do so consistently. 

I think you are right on the personnel.  They may now be moving past their peak.  The window is tight.  Some players getting older and contracts expiring.  

PFN-Draft-result-1706506631365.png%22

In a perfext world, this would be my ideal draft. Trade down, land significant draft capital for next year and land an elite talent at a position of need. Then fill in the gaps at all other positions. Sign Patrick Queen and Brian Burns, look out. 

Edited by Slappy Mc

• 2 weeks later...

Tom Pelissero 

The #Cowboys are expected to hire Mike Zimmer as their defensive coordinator, per sources.

Zimmer, 67, is the third-winningest head coach in #Vikings history and long respected for his defensive prowess. A big hire for Dallas, where Zimmer previously coached from 1994-2006.

A little surprised this hasn’t been more of a story. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/02/14/49ers-jon-feliciano-says-eagles-jalen-carter-harassed-family-online-amid-nasty-feud

To sum up, Niners C Jon Feliciano basically called out Spencer Burford (who replaced him when he got hurt in the SB, although at RG) for screwing up the protection on the Niners’ last offensive play. Burford was rightfully offended, and Feliciano apologized for being an asshat. 

Then Jalen Carter comes wading into the fray. 

He reposts the Feliciano/Burford stuff with a caption saying that it’s the same guy who spoke on his dead friend (Devin Willock, who died in the alleged drag racing incident with Carter back at UGA). Everyone is outraged on Carter’s behalf. 

Feliciano then responds that what he actually did was laugh at Carter for getting a flag, at which time Carter repeatedly threatened his life and his family. Then Feliciano retorted “I believe you, you do got a body” (implying that Carter was responsible for his friend’s death). At which time Carter was apparently crying on the field…and then basically started stalking and harassing Feliciano’s real life friends and family over social media. To the point that Feliciano indicated he had to take all the social media postings and messages to the NFL to get them to intervene and make Carter stop. 

There’s a lot there, but for me the primary takeaway is that Feliciano comes off as a bully/jerk in the whole sequence — but Jalen Carter comes off as sort of a psycho. Trash talk on the field is, I assume, part of the game. But to then spend weeks tracking down and harassing a guy’s friends and family over some stuff he said on the field? That’s just weird and disturbing.

33 minutes ago, e16bball said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/02/14/49ers-jon-feliciano-says-eagles-jalen-carter-harassed-family-online-amid-nasty-feud

To sum up, Niners C Jon Feliciano basically called out Spencer Burford (who replaced him when he got hurt in the SB, although at RG) for screwing up the protection on the Niners’ last offensive play. Burford was rightfully offended, and Feliciano apologized for being an asshat. 

He reposts the Feliciano/Burford stuff with a caption saying that it’s the same guy who spoke on his dead friend (Devin Willock, who died in the alleged drag racing incident with Carter back at UGA). Everyone is outraged on Carter’s behalf. 

Feliciano then responds that what he actually did was laugh at Carter for getting a flag, at which time Carter repeatedly threatened his life and his family. Then Feliciano retorted “I believe you, you do got a body” (implying that Carter was responsible for his friend’s death). At which time Carter was apparently crying on the field…and then basically started stalking and harassing Feliciano’s real life friends and family over social media. To the point that Feliciano indicated he had to take all the social media postings and messages to the NFL to get them to intervene and make Carter stop. 

There’s a lot there, but for me the primary takeaway is that Feliciano comes off as a bully/jerk in the whole sequence — but Jalen Carter comes off as sort of a psycho. Trash talk on the field is, I assume, part of the game. But to then spend weeks tracking down and harassing a guy’s friends and family over some stuff he said on the field? That’s just weird and disturbing.

Jalen Carter had pre-draft character concerns about that crash, seems like they were warranted. 

11 hours ago, e16bball said:

I think Carter went too far but so did Feliciano. How would anyone feel if someone accused them of killing their friend in a car accident on purpose? Like Carter didn’t want to have his friend die. Just awful by both guys but Carter doesn’t do what he did if Feliciano didn’t say what he said first.

• 1 month later...