2023 WC Finals: (1) Denver Nuggets vs (7) Los Angeles Lakers

11sanchez11

I don't see the Lakers winning at all. Devner has too many options and Jokic will limit ADs defensive impact because he can do so much with the ball. LAL needs Dlo to be great all series to even have a chance.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Denver has the smallest rotation of every team left by a mile, and LA's up near the top. NBA players get fatigued in the postseason. If you want to argue the quality of Beasley vs. Jackson that's fine but it's not relevant. One has played and the other has not. Denver has placed a larger burden on their top 6 than anyone else has. 

LAL rotation total playoff minutes

Lebron 448, AD 443, Reeves 421, Russell 379, Schroder 292, Rui 254, JV, 206, Lonnie 124.

Nuggets rotation total playoff minutes 

Murray 423, Jokic 416, Gordon 386, KCP 365, MPJ 362, Brown 285, Green 213, Braun 145

Sorry - who is cumulatively fatiguing for the Nuggets, but not for the Lakers?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Lebron 448, AD 443, Reeves 421, Russell 379, Schroder 292, Rui 254, JV, 206, Lonnie 124.

Murray 423, Jokic 416, Gordon 386, KCP 365, MPJ 362, Brown 285, Green 213, Braun 145

I mean they've played one less game and still take half those spots. By mpg they would take all of them. If you wanted to bring up that extra game as part of your point, that's valid, but you haven't.

Here is the rest of the rotation by the way. Here are the rest of the players who have played at least half the games in the postseason.

Lakers

Troy Brown Jr. 124, Malik Beasley 90, Wenyen Gabriel 37, Max Christie 32, Shaq Harrison 27.

Nuggets

No one.

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Oop! 

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

The actually nuggets need to worry about wear and tear and stamina. Not the lakers with notoriously healthy Anthony Davis and 38 year old lebron James 

Statement applies to this round and hopefully next.

Surely as a Denver fan you realize they have the least depth of everyone left, yes?

Why would I take MPG over total minutes? Total minutes is what causes the fatigue, no?

And why would I quote the minutes of other (failed) Laker bench members who aren't in the rotation? 

The total minutes of the current rotation of each team are identical. Your point is just not a concern whatsoever.

7 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Why would I take MPG over total minutes? Total minutes is what causes the fatigue, no?

And why would I quote the minutes of other (failed) Laker bench members who aren't in the rotation? 

The total minutes of the current rotation of each team are identical. Your point is just not a concern whatsoever.

Well, I mean you did get the minutes wrong and left out LA's actual #8 in minutes played for one. LA is a team that shifts their rotation based on who they play.

It's cool if you don't think depth matters. It's cool if you don't see why fouls might be a concern playing the #1 FTA team in the NBA.  Weird takes, but whatever. I still want Denver to win.

3 hours ago, Mox said:

Statement applies to this round and hopefully next.

Surely as a Denver fan you realize they have the least depth of everyone left, yes?

The Nuggets staggered bench has been mostly a positive in these playoffs. Trying to spin having an 8 man rotation that is locked into their roles and rotation spot as a bad thing is interesting. I don't think the Nuggets are particularly deep, but playing 8 guys in a playoff run is not weird or a weakness. They have a couple solid players not in the rotation that they have not needed to use. The Nuggets have managed the minute load of their starters completely adequately as already discussed. Don't see this as a significant piece of this series at all 

2 hours ago, champ11 said:

The Nuggets staggered bench has been mostly a positive in these playoffs. Trying to spin having an 8 man rotation that is locked into their roles and rotation spot as a bad thing is interesting. I don't think the Nuggets are particularly deep, but playing 8 guys in a playoff run is not weird or a weakness. They have a couple solid players not in the rotation that they have not needed to use. The Nuggets have managed the minute load of their starters completely adequately as already discussed. Don't see this as a significant piece of this series at all 

Are you aware the only NBA champion in over a decade to have a strict 8 man rotation is the Toronto Raptors?

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Are you aware the only NBA champion in over a decade to have a strict 8 man rotation is the Toronto Raptors?

That’s cool but with their current minute load I really don’t think this is a significant concern with the Nuggets. They’ve been fortunate with good health and don’t think they’ve had to run anyone into the ground. 5 game first round series and blew the suns out in 3 games. They have some solid nba players that could play if they needed them to. 

3 minutes ago, champ11 said:

That’s cool but with their current minute load I really don’t think this is a significant concern with the Nuggets. They’ve been fortunate with good health and don’t think they’ve had to run anyone into the ground. 5 game first round series and blew the suns out in 3 games. They have some solid nba players that could play if they needed them to. 

Well I hope you're right.

31 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Nuggets also seemed to be resting players the last few weeks of the regular season

18 hours ago, Mox said:

It's cool if you don't see why fouls might be a concern playing the #1 FTA team in the NBA. 

This is the most important point and I think it has been lost in the argument over minutes played. The league has a vested interest in the lakers winning. Will we see the Refs step in and limit joker when AD isn’t able to like they did in the bubble? I fear we may.

4 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

This is the most important point and I think it has been lost in the argument over minutes played. The league has a vested interest in the lakers winning. Will we see the Refs step in and limit joker when AD isn’t able to like they did in the bubble? I fear we may.

The fact that footage is being collected for a possible documentary of their run is not ideal.