Camp/OTA News

ET80

On 6/16/2023 at 8:28 AM, BStanRamFan said:

What are early thoughts/concerns on Stroud? (o-line, playcalling, etc)

I think the OL and run game will help him. Laremy Tunsil is arguably one of the best LTs in football, and improving the IOL with the likes of Shaq Mason is good. Juice Scruggs should get in sooner rather than later at C, Kenyon Green at G should improve and Tytus Howard is coming into his own at RT - so OL should be pretty good for Stroud (assuming no injuries - if Howard or Tunsil gets hurt, all bets are off).

Pass catchers? Oye vey. FAs Robert Woods, Dalton Schultz and Devin Singletary are your most experienced pass catchers. Nico Collins shows flashes of consistency, but he can’t stay healthy. John Metchie hasn’t played in 18 months, and who knows what he’s going to look like coming off of cancer. Tank Dell is a rookie (a SMALL rookie, too). The offense is not going to have a crutch to rely on in terms of a skill position player.

Playcalling and scheme is an enigma - this is the first time Bobby Slowik is calling an offense, so it’s unknown. He was a key figure in Brock Purdy looking good as a rookie, so there’s hope.

• Like 1

Usually we are getting reports about (insert random Texans starting QB) looking really good during practices at this time of the year. 

this year it sounds like Stroud is struggling. Idk if that means we are finally getting accurate reporting or if Stroud is totally incompetent 

10 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

this year it sounds like Stroud is struggling.

Where are you hearing this? Worst I’ve heard is “uneven”. Most of news on him out of OTAs has been really positive.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Where are you hearing this? Worst I’ve heard is “uneven”. Most of news on him out of OTAs has been really positive.

I’ve seen twitter videos of him missing guys badly and stuff. My point though is not that there’s been a ton of bad press but that there has been a lack of praise and in the past they over praised everyone so it makes me wonder if he’s struggling or if people are just being honest this year. 

32 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I'm good.  Tank Dell will have a better season than Landry if he ends up on a team. 

That’s my take as well. Landry is redundant to Dell - you want Dell to play as much as possible, so he can acclimate to NFL speed. Landry just takes snaps away from Dell.

I really want a big bodied boundary WR to push Nico Collins for PT.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

He gone

Man, that’s not exactly the smartest play here… he’s older and had a good year on a bad team. Nobody is going to pay him what he wants.

• Like 1