2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

13 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Injuries will always change an NFL season...but if that Philly team stay somewhat healthy they are going to be so tough to stop winning the superbowl this season...they just know how to win which is such an underrated trait.

I watched Eagles last two weeks. 

Momentum and expecting to win is a real thing. 

Eagles got outplayed two weeks in a row and still somehow won both games.  

They have a lot of difference making players.   Which makes a difference. Even when some guys aren’t playing well. 

Josh Allen and Mahomes are way better than Hurts.  But Eagles just have too much team talent.   I think team talent is an underrated thing and QB is a bit overrated.  Hurts is very good and a great leader, but that team makes him elite not other way around. 

The fact that every team doesn't run QB sneak with 1 yard to go exactly like Eagles do it is madness.  There is just no excuse not to take advantage of NFL no longer calling pushing runners from behind.

Like if NFL suddenly allowed forward motion or two players in motion and you didn’t change your whole playbook immediately. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

To further on my above point there is a lot nuance to way Eagles run the sneak that other teams just aren’t emulating and should be.   

I think there's also some personnel elements specifically Kelce and Hurts.  Does seem like a high percentage play even with average players being the pusher/pushee though.  

36 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I think there's also some personnel elements specifically Kelce and Hurts.  Does seem like a high percentage play even with average players being the pusher/pushee though.  

It isn't the talent.  Or mainly the talent.  It is coaching and technique.  

Eagles are tighter and wedging.  Their Oline tech is different and specialized for this play.  They are multiplying man power at point of attack and getting leverage inside also at point of attack.  Which is what makes them nigh unstoppable and others not.

Other teams, including Bears, aren't doing this.  They have a RB pushing, but that is it.   They are just lining up tight and firing off a bit lower, but otherwise blocking normal.  The technique is different and unique for this play.  This is a specialized play.  This is a subset of special teams if you will, but with starters.  

I think other coaches around league are either ignorant as to what is happening or simply don't know how to teach it.  Or maybe they thought it would be banned and didn't bother.  

But it should have been a priority learn in offseason for everyone.  I stated here as much somewhere. 

Goes to show just because you are at NFL level doesn't make you brilliant.

Google double wing offense wedge play.  This has been around for a long while.  There is a technique to it.  Some high school powers specialize in it.  I think Apopka HS in FL is one if memory serves.  I don't have time to google it at moment. 

You stop it by butt up submarining and tackling and handcuffing two legs of two OL and driving forward.  Creating an unmovable wall that ball carrier can't get through. 

NFL teams have A) not figured out to properly run it and B) have not figured out how to stop it.  But there are many high school coaches around country that can explain both.

There is nothing new under sun in football, but there are many people ignorant of many things in football that have not been used at a level or fallen out of use.  

Arrogance keeps teams behind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Speaking of Kelce he flinched offsides twice on final series making the FG 60 yards!

He is lucky that kicker still made it to send game into OT or he would be taking some heavy criticism today.

• Like 1

Cardinals/Bears game has potential to be one of the most conflicting games of my often irritating Bears' fandom.  Imagine if Carolina beats Green Bay earlier in the day, and the Bears are facing their own shot at the #1 pick, but also Fields is trying to prove he's worth being a QB here or elsewhere and Flus is still clinging on...  I stopped playing fantasy because I couldn't stand to root for players playing the Bears, no idea how I'll handle it when the Bears are playing the Bears. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

Deuce Staley and Josh McCown also released from Carolina.  I wouldn’t hate bringing Deuce in here, we did fire our RBC not too long ago.

i doubt he comes on just for 6 weeks. more likely he hangs at home collecting his big ole paycheck to not work

1 hour ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Cardinals/Bears game has potential to be one of the most conflicting games of my often irritating Bears' fandom.  Imagine if Carolina beats Green Bay earlier in the day, and the Bears are facing their own shot at the #1 pick, but also Fields is trying to prove he's worth being a QB here or elsewhere and Flus is still clinging on...  I stopped playing fantasy because I couldn't stand to root for players playing the Bears, no idea how I'll handle it when the Bears are playing the Bears. 

Bears are going to pound the Cards.

41 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

i doubt he comes on just for 6 weeks. more likely he hangs at home collecting his big ole paycheck to not work

True, and joining a staff with a blazing hot seat only to get fired twice in the same season probably isnt best for the ole resume.