Los Angeles and Miami vying to host Super Bowl 61

notthatbluestuff

37 minutes ago, pf9 said:

Weather shouldn't matter though. For example - the Patriots are the most successful NFL franchise of the first two decades of the 21st century, yet Gillette Stadium has never hosted a Super Bowl. It's time it gets one as a reward for their tenants being so successful for many years.

Im Not No Way GIF

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

There won't be B2B SB's in California,  so Miami has a better shot vs the field. Or the select few cities the NFL uses.

Last I heard it was just a rumor for SF to host 60 nothing confirmed or did I miss it?

1 hour ago, pf9 said:

Greater Boston has already hosted the World Series, the NBA Finals, and the Stanley Cup Finals. All it needs is a Super Bowl and it will be complete.

Im Not No Way GIF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Im Not No Way GIF

There have been teams far less successful than the Patriots that got to host multiple Super Bowls this century. Case in point the Cardinals, whose State Farm Stadium has hosted three now. Yet right now the Patriots have more titles than the Cardinals have had 21st century playoff appearances. Ironically, the Patriots share the record for most Super Bowl wins with the team that beat the Cardinals in Super Bowl 43, the Steelers. A direct consequence of that was that the Browns traded away Kellen Winslow II, the player they chose instead of Ben Rothlisberger in 2004. Big Ben winning two Super Bowls in his first five years made the Browns realize they made a mistake.

43 minutes ago, pf9 said:

There have been teams far less successful than the Patriots that got to host multiple Super Bowls this century. Case in point the Cardinals, whose State Farm Stadium has hosted three now. Yet right now the Patriots have more titles than the Cardinals have had 21st century playoff appearances. Ironically, the Patriots share the record for most Super Bowl wins with the team that beat the Cardinals in Super Bowl 43, the Steelers. A direct consequence of that was that the Browns traded away Kellen Winslow II, the player they chose instead of Ben Rothlisberger in 2004. Big Ben winning two Super Bowls in his first five years made the Browns realize they made a mistake.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pf9 said:

Im Not No Way GIF

• Like 1

To be honest, I don’t really care. No matter where they put it, I’m still not going, and I’m still going to watch. Which field it’s on barely matters, shrug. 

If I had to be forced into voting, I’d stay with the fair weather/indoor places only because it won’t give anyone any advantages (which is how it should be in the SB). Other than that, meh.

• Like 2